PDA

View Full Version : Villa and wireless internet

mainecoon lover
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I have learnt the villa has wireless internet through out. I have to phone the management company on arrival for password. Now being thick for a moment, does this mean if we take a laptop we can gain internet access for free :unsure:. I am not interested but will be great for the carer.

keith
07-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I have learnt the villa has wireless internet through out. I have to phone the management company on arrival for password. Now being thick for a moment, does this mean if we take a laptop we can gain internet access for free :unsure:. I am not interested but will be great for the carer.

Well, can't see for free exactly since they COULD levy a charge for it. That's something we can't tell from the technical detail listed.

What it means is that it should be very easy to get online. Just turn on laptop, let it find the access point, type in the password and you'll be good to go!

mainecoon lover
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, can't see for free exactly since they COULD levy a charge for it. That's something we can't tell from the technical detail listed.

What it means is that it should be very easy to get online. Just turn on laptop, let it find the access point, type in the password and you'll be good to go!

The owner jsut said wireless through out the villa.

Britchick
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
i would presume it is free then:unsure:

mainecoon lover
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
i would presume it is free then:unsure:

I have emailed the owner to check. :thumbsup:

Britchick
07-09-2009, 08:45 PM
is it presume or assume? :unsure:

keith
07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
is it presume or assume? :unsure:

either is fine :yes: assume implies a lower degree of available evidence to support the hypothesis than presume (possibly :lol:)

Britchick
07-09-2009, 08:53 PM
thank you!

i just remembered the assume makes and ass out of u and me lol and wondered

arkvilla
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
I would think it's free - we don't charge for ours and no of the owners I know charge for it.

You log on to the wireless and put in the passord - most owners have a package for intenet & phone.

Sandra

sunsetlakes
08-09-2009, 05:53 AM
We have secure WIFI and just send out the wep code with the welcome pack and villa information, there is no charge as we are paying monthly for it regardless of usage! I have noticed that when we arrive at the villa there are normally also a number of "unsecured" connections available from other villa owners, so if they say there is a charge it might be worth checking to see if you can connect via a "hot spot" first. Don't forget if working on an unsecure network not to do anything confidential like banking!

mainecoon lover
08-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Thanks all. The owner said he is unsure but will ask managment company. Bit strange but i know he has had personnel issues.

malcolm
08-09-2009, 08:10 AM
I supply laptop and if guest brings own laptop then i give them code to log onto the broadband wirless internet access.

I would not log onto someone elses unsecure site as it would be deemed theft. I was told of a car sitting outside someons villa and a neighbour concerned called police and reported suspicious activity when they got there they found the guy was useing his laptop via the villas unsecure connection and he was arrested and charged with theft.