PDA

View Full Version : looking for halloween ideas!

Britchick
08-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I am hosting a halloween for a bazillion 11 year olds! has anyone got any good games- the messier/scarier the better or any ideas for themed food.
:thumbsup:

Shellyamc
08-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Well there is always that game where you have to be blindfolded and guess what you are touching. Like olives for eyeballs, fruit leathers for skin etc.

One year we did hot dogs and put a little piece of pimento (that is the stuff they stuff in olives, right? :unsure:) on the end and it looked like a finger :D

Freeze plastic bugs and spiders inside of ice cubes.

I'll have to look back and try to remember some of the other things

Britchick
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
that's exactly what i'm looking for lol! i have to beat the previous parties of course lol

we may be having a vampire theme, don't ask me why lol

Shellyamc
08-09-2009, 10:20 PM
that's exactly what i'm looking for lol! i have to beat the previous parties of course lol

we may be having a vampire theme, don't ask me why lol

Everyone is obsessed with vampires right now :yes:

I can work with that! I'll get back to you :D

Figment
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Jordan had a *Nightmare Before Christmas* birthday party (in December) a couple of years ago and the kids just loved it. Their favorite game was a mummy relay game. Buy TONS of cheap toilet paper (they wanted to play it over and over)...divide into groups of 2 or 3..whatever you can do evenly...one person is the mummy and the other(s) use the toilet paper to turn them into mummies! (Leave breathing holes)...whichever team completely covers their mummy first wins.

Shellyamc
09-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok you said mess..this one would be HUGE..what about filling water balloons with fake blood? Or red-tinted water even?

Freeze some green tinted water in plastic gloves..when they are frozen peel off the glove and then float your green hands in red punch

Play some sort of "tag" game with flashlights. Vamps melt in the light, right? Maybe put pieces of colored cellophane over the end of the flashlight to make them look like something special

I make a white chocolate covered coconut ball for Christmas and make them look like snowmen, but with some red lines an a black dot they would look like eyeballs

I could just keep going with this..I live for this stuff :yes:

Shellyamc
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh Oh Oh!!

I'm not totally sure how to adapt this, but you said gross :)

Have you ever seen the cat box cake?? You make it look like litter with cat poop (tootsie rolls) and then use a clean little scoop to serve?? What can we do with that?? A grave with cookie crumb dirt and gummy worms?

I remember seeing eyeball gumballs filled with red jelly in a Halloween catalog. I'll have to try and find that..

foreverducky
10-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Okay, I want to come to you all's parties. :D I love halloween.

I think the mummy game sounds like so much fun!

Buy some black lights, those are just fun!

Tink
10-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh wow. I saw a magazine last year that had all sorts of "gross" halloween food in it. One was something cut to look like fingers. Can't remember what it was though. :sorry:

Spiders made using eggs and licorice whips... geez. Not much help am I?

Muffins with red preserves at the center...

Umm... can you make grey frosting? That would be useful. You could use it to frost sugar cookie tombstones and write names on in red frosting, or black, or white...

foreverducky
10-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Oh, I like the tombstone cookie idea. :)

Britchick
10-09-2009, 06:56 AM
soMe great Ideas thanks guys !

Disneybumble
10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Shelly you should be a party planner.

Britchick
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
i'm liking the cat litter tray cake just googled it- but would anyone eat it?

Shellyamc
10-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Shelly you should be a party planner.

awww thanks :hug2: I love to help out with weddings and parties like that. Maybe someday I will take the leap and do it for real :yes:

i'm liking the cat litter tray cake just googled it- but would anyone eat it?

11 year olds..eat something that looks gross...Yep! :lol:

Britchick
10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
who am i kidding- i will if it's got cake in the title LOL