PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks today !!!!!!!!!!.

Disneybumble
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm off to Gatwick airport (hopefully) still need to book the hotel. This is what l have to do, but please advise me on a few things

1-Do i need a new passport. My passport runs out on May 9th,2010. So l would be just under 6 months left on my return. We leave Orlando 13/11/09.

2- If l do need a new passport should l do ESTA now or leave it until new passport arrives.

3- Mr Bumble really would love a convertible car,:unsure:. Is it worth it

4- Will my GHD's work in Florida see above post.

5-Can l take a lipstick onto the plane, and any other make up.

6- What's the difference between a malt and a milkshake.

Tink
11-09-2009, 05:26 PM
1-Do i need a new passport. My passport runs out on May 9th,2010. So l would be just under 6 months left on my return. We leave Orlando 13/11/09.

I don't know. :(

2- If l do need a new passport should l do ESTA now or leave it until new passport arrives.

Same here... :sorry:

3- Mr Bumble really would love a convertible car,. Is it worth it

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Especially since you will be here after the rainy season!!! :D :D You should have some glorious days to drive around with the top down! :yes: :9:

GHD's???? Dunno' what these are! LOL!

Domestic flights allow a quart ziploc bag with items that are not more than 3 ounces (including things like lipstick...).

Malt is a powder that changes the taste of the milkshake. A chocolate shake tastes like chocolate of course, but a malted chocolate milkshake tastes a bit like a malted milkball... forgot what ya'll call them over there. :unsure:

Dawn
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm off to Gatwick airport (hopefully) still need to book the hotel. This is what l have to do, but please advise me on a few things

I was told must be valid for 6 months following departure from the US.

See above

Where would you put all your bags?

No idea

See # 4

Someone explained this too me once but I forgot.

daveann
11-09-2009, 06:17 PM
my ghd's didnt heat up as hot and i didnt get as straight as i like :(

Britchick
11-09-2009, 06:30 PM

ring the passport office to be sure

wait until you get it back as the number may be different
go for it- if theres only two of you then you can pile the cases in the back
leave them at home and go for the au naturel look! you're on holiday lol

what tink said with the bag

what tink said

mainecoon lover
11-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Speak to the airline you are flying with. When i went in 2005 mine expired two weeks after i got back and First Choice were fine with it

Leave for new one

Its a man thing so yes

If they are the new ones. Look on the straightners and if they say 110 to 220 then they will be fine

Up to 100ml liquid in clear bag.

I am unsure but Tink has answered this.

Disneybumble
11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks ladies. I will go for the big hair look. I will get anew passport anyway i think,better to be safe.

Britchick
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
i agree better to be safe than have to listen to the twang of plastic gloves in immigration :tongue:

Disneybumble
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
i agree better to be safe than have to listen to the twang of plastic gloves in immigration :tongue:

Not again.:tongue:

Britchick
11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Not again.:tongue:

:point::point:

Disneybumble
12-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I HAVE JUST PAID MY BALANCE OFF

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

ukwdwnut
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
siobhan

you need 6m min on your passport to go to the US, so id defo get a new one just to be sure :).

if there is 5 of you going maybe a convertible wouldnt be big enough for all your luggage, not 100% sure tho :)

Britchick
12-09-2009, 04:30 PM
i thought it was 2 of u :unsure: a convertible will not be big enough for you:thumbsdown:

lisaw
12-09-2009, 07:59 PM
8 weeks!! :mental: :mental: :mental:

Disneybumble
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes Julie it is only 2 of us.

Britchick
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
you'll be fine then dahling!!!

Vixynne
12-09-2009, 11:52 PM
The difference between a malted and a milkshake is that malt powder will make the malted (whether it's vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or mmmm, coffee-flavored) taste like the center of a Malteaser!
My mouth is watering now...must. Get. Malted milk balls.

Britchick
13-09-2009, 12:21 PM
mmmmmmmm has anyone tried nigellas malteser cake? it is the best cake in the world imo!