PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Citricos?

luvthemouse
17-09-2009, 07:54 PM
So last week we DH got a call from Disney Dining letting us know that California Grill was going to be closed on the night we had ADR's for our anniversary (not necessarily a bad thing after reading recent opinions). I was finally able to return the call, and last evening we were given the chance to choose another spot for our celebration dinner. We wanted something close to Bay Lake Towers, so getting there and back wouldn't be an issue. So throwing caution to the wind, we chose Citricos at the Grand Floridian. Please tell me we've chosen wisely....

Britchick
17-09-2009, 08:08 PM
did they offer you reservations to watch the fireworks in the special area as compensation for changing your reservation? they did that when they changed mine a couple of years ago :thumbsup:

anyway back to citricos- i haven't eaten there myself but have heard lovely things

luvthemouse
17-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Actually she started to, but then I told her where we were staying. So we'll have great viewing every night for the fireworks..hopefully! So the fireworks really weren't a big deal to us. But I do have a feeling that she had another idea in mind to make our night special... And on a side note, what a helpful and friendly cast member she was!!! I spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with her. She was very patient as I looked at menus from various resturants..

Britchick
17-09-2009, 08:23 PM
that was good, nice to see the disney magic is still alive! i didn't get upset or anything just said i was disapointed.

luvthemouse
17-09-2009, 09:07 PM
She actually asked if we booked California Grill for the fireworks..

lisaw
18-09-2009, 07:10 AM
We have only eaten at Citricos once but we had a great experience there and would definitely go back again :yes:

keith
18-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Most people we've spoken to love Citricos :yes:

Just to offer an alternate opinion, we didn't like it at all :( Terrible tasteless salmon, rest was pretty mediocre too and far better restaurants around for atmosphere.

As I say, we're definitely in the minority with that opinion but we certainly haven't rushed to go back

luvthemouse
18-09-2009, 01:30 PM
The Cast memeber who I spoke with really likes Narcoosee's..but DH really liked the look of Citricos menu better. So if it's not good, I can blame him, right? LOL

Britchick
18-09-2009, 03:51 PM
The Cast memeber who I spoke with really likes Narcoosee's..but DH really liked the look of Citricos menu better. So if it's not good, I can blame him, right? LOL

absolutely!! :yes:

Tink
18-09-2009, 04:29 PM
We've never dined there, but as Keith says, most people like it. We've never been intrigued by the menu.

We have dined at Narcoosee's and unfortunately I'll tell you NO! Although, I've heard some not so wonderful things about Citrico's (other than our Keith's experience) we had our own poor experience at Narcoosee's and really have no intention of returning.

Artist Point?

uscwest
18-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Leaving out Victoria and Albert's, Citrico's in our top 3

luvthemouse
19-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Leaving out Victoria and Albert's, Citrico's in our top 3

What are your other 2?

uscwest
19-09-2009, 02:32 PM
What are your other 2?
Jiko is #1 and YSH #3

luvthemouse
19-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I had mentioned Jiko to Chris, but we decided against it because we won't have a car this trip and it would be more difficult/pricier to get there...

Mari
22-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I hope you love it!!!!