PDA

View Full Version : A day of mixed emotions....byeee

Debbie2
09-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Phew..what a day.

Just sat down for a much needed cuppa before bed and logged in to say goodbye for a fortnight.

It has been a day of highs and lows. DS is so excited and has drove me crazy asking repeatedly 'where am I going tomorrow'..

DD on the other hand is utterly devastated and coming to terms with news this morning that one of her friends was killed last night. A car collided with him when he was riding his bike - he later died in hospital. She has only been home a couple of hours and I have had to guide her through her packing in between phone calls, MSN and Facebook. She has beenwith her friends all eveningand they went to lay flowers at the scene :(

So I can't feel excited..it is so wrong to. A lovely young lad, Lewis, just 16 years old has lost his life. All I can think of is his parents :(

In the words of Jerry Springer - take care of yourselves..and each other :hug2:

Bye

keith
09-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I just never know what to say on threads like this ;( somehow a forum just doesn't allow us to express the feelings but :hug2:s to you and your DD

I know it's hard under the circumstances but it does highlight that life can be unexpected and too too short not to live every moment to the fullest.

foreverducky
09-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Yes, it's times like this when I think we realize that life is too short and that you have to live every moment.

:hug2:

Disneybumble
09-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Debbie ,that is terrible. But as the others have said live life to the fullest as you never know.

daveann
09-18-2009, 07:07 AM
:hug2: sorry but try to enjoy your holiday :hug2:

Dawn
09-18-2009, 07:07 AM
No words... :(

lozzy
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Give your DD a big hug for me,:hug2: what a horrible thing to happen to a young lad and to his family.
I really hope you can enjoy your holiday and like everyone else has said enjoy everyday to it's fullest.

Claire
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Gentle :hug1: to you all and have a good break.

Tink
09-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Ah no. What a terrible thing to happen. I am so sorry for your DD. :hug2:

Have a safe journey and let the magic wash over all of you. :hug2:

Tinkfan
09-18-2009, 11:04 AM
:hug2: It's especially hard for young people to come to terms with mortality and hard for us as parents to know all the scary things out there :yes:. :hug2: to your daughter as she trys to deal with such a painful situation. Hope your trip will help. extra pixie dust!!