PDA

View Full Version : Miss you!

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Sorry I've not been around or started my trip report but we are now 2 computers down and seem to have a serious virus problem.
Jacks laptop started shutting itself down the day we got home and used it for the first time after 3 weeks.He tried all the recovery options but nothing worked so it is now being repaired.
My desktop is so slow it hardly ever gets used but I started it up the other night to go on a couple of sites and check emails.I switched it on yesterday morning to find the everything has been wiped and all documents,music and photos are gone.
So here I am trying to update you all on my iPod touch which takes ages!

To top it all I am feeling so rough I can hardly move.Had a funny throat all week and really tired but woke up yesterday aching all over with a pounding headache and shivers.Got a chesty cough and wheeze too so I'm not happy!

Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon as it's all really getting me down at the moment.
Hope you are all ok.I must have missed so much!

XXX

Isafari
20-09-2009, 08:45 AM
:hug2: feel better soon :hug2:
Sorry to hear about your computer problems :sorry:
Do you have back ups for all of your photos that were wiped? :unsure:

Britchick
20-09-2009, 09:23 AM
that's not very good, hope things resolve soon with the computers and you are feeling better soon :hug2: don't go to work with those symptoms!

ukwdwnut
20-09-2009, 12:31 PM
hope all is well real sooon teresa

that desktop needs a serious upgrade, cheaper to buy a new tower and can get a real fast one for 200 quid :D

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Have called the hotline and am now being treated with Tamiflu.
Mum and Dad are on their way to Plymouth to collect it.

Britchick
20-09-2009, 12:46 PM
sorry to hear that hun, hope you're feeling better soon. Just think at least it wasn't on your holiday :hug2:

Claire
20-09-2009, 12:53 PM
It never rains...

Heeling hugs on there way to you Teresa. :hug1: Just don't breath on me though...

Tink
20-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Ugh. Teresa. You do have the luck sometimes though, don't you? :sigh: :hug2: Good luck with the computers, and feel better fast! We miss having you with us! :(

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you all.
It's getting weirder!
Jack has just switched on desktop to try auto recovery and it switched on with all missing stuff showing again!
It's that flippin Derren Brown!
He is now transferring everything to the external hard drive in case the discs we have with the pics on dont work!

I give up this week it's all been very strange!

Britchick
20-09-2009, 03:23 PM
in all seriousness Teresa you need to watch out for the following:

Look out for any unusual blemishes or rashers.

Unusual behaviour: doing things you would normally find a complete boar

Bad temper: things start to very easily rind you up.

Overheating: Feeling that you are absolutely bacon hot.

Chills; Feeling like you need to hog the duvet or curl up in front of a crackling fire.

Wanting a fight: Shouting out things like “Gammon have a go if you think you’re hard enough…”

oh and you'll probably have it for a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
:unsure:

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Thank you Julie :biggrin:

Britchick
20-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you Julie :biggrin:

you are very welcome :hug2: :tongue:

Dorothy
20-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh sweetie, just go take an nice nap and relax till you feel better :hug2: :hug2:

Dawn
20-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Well I called the swine flu help line but all I got was a load of cracklin'

Britchick
20-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Well I called the swine flu help line but all I got was a load of cracklin'

they'd only have told you to put oinkment on it anyway:yes:

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 06:35 PM
It's great to have lovely friends who care so much for my welfare :hug2:

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Stop making me laugh it causes a coughing fit!

Britchick
20-09-2009, 07:14 PM
sorry :sorry: I did ask if it was ok to take the mick :taunt:

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm sure I'll get worse when they find out at work tomorrow!

SleepinCatz
21-09-2009, 01:05 AM
wowsers...everybody is getting sick! You take it easy doll! I hope you get well soon!

MarkE
21-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I saw your facebook status update about losing your hard drive - my recommendation would be to leave it as it is, get a new PC as mick suggests, then pay someone to recover the photo's for you - or if you're feeling brave, get some software to do it your self (nothing is ever truly wiped off a hard drive!). All is not lost, Lou dropped her passprt hard drive in July and thought she'd lost her entire career's work - not so!!

Dizneyblonde
21-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks Mark.
Latest update is that in turning desktop on a day later all files including photos have suddenly appeared again and have now been transferred to external hard drive.DS is also going to back then all up on disc again in case the problem re-occurs.

Skywatcher
21-09-2009, 09:55 AM
:hug2: missed you too

ukwdwnut
21-09-2009, 10:42 AM
make atleast 2 backups of everything you have T, photos docs everything to be safe cd's/dvd's arent 100% reliable and are prone to get read errors....if you really need a desktop id seriously get a new tower, if you go down that road gimme a call and i will point you in the right direction ok. dont buy from pc world or the like, too exp and you get stuff you dont want too :)