PDA

View Full Version : Gaining weight in Nursery School

Rosie0610
23-09-2009, 07:35 PM
not DS, ME! :thumbsdown:

I came home from DSs school with 50 candy bars to sell in 4 weeks. I don't mind paying out the $50 (ok I do a little!) but I don't want the chocolate!! Don't these schools know that people are eating healthier these days? Can't we sell something different? My mom purchased $5 but didn't want the chocolate either so now I'm stuck with 5 chocolate bars. Ordinarily this would not be a bad thing but I've put on 5lbs this summer as it is!

The neighborhood kids will be getting full-size chocolate bars from me this Halloween! :tongue:

Mari
23-09-2009, 08:17 PM
thats what I was going to suggest.. just use them for trick or treaters

Johnie
23-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Yep, totally give it out to the trick or treaters.....

The only problem I would have is that Halloween isn't for over a month!

DisneyFreak
23-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Give them out to co-workers or place in the office kitchen.

or....

Donate them somewhere. I know it's not healthy food but everyone needs chocolate at some point.

arkvilla
23-09-2009, 08:55 PM
They wouldn't last in my cupboard - every time I walked into the kitchen they would be shouting " Sandra, come and eat me" and me having no willpower, would have to oblige !!

Sandra

uscwest
24-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Yep, totally give it out to the trick or treaters.....

The only problem I would have is that Halloween isn't for over a month!
You can always freeze them.

I remember going through this in school. Back then I think the candy bars used to cost $.50 to $1.00 but the schools made a nice profit off of them as they sold literally thousands of them.

Tinkfan
24-09-2009, 11:34 AM
:taunt: We have them too!! I wish more schools would go to the non- candy bar sale, where you're given the option to pay for the profit and not take those darn bars :yes::yes:

Tink
24-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Is it good chocolate? A woman where I used to work brought in chocolate to sell for her child's school. I bought a bar and the stuff was terrible. Waxy and inedible.

Yep, freeze it for Halloween, or get rid of it. Next time, just give them a donation and tell them to keep the chocolate!

Rosie0610
24-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Yep, freeze it for Halloween, or get rid of it. Next time, just give them a donation and tell them to keep the chocolate!

I would've done that but those teachers are smart! They had the boxes all labelled and sitting in DSs 'locker'!!

I just hate bringing things to sell at work as I know everyone else has kids and they all have stuff to sell too. DH said he would bring some to his work as he works with a younger group who are always hungry according to him! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Mari
24-09-2009, 05:31 PM
well.. if they are good, you can always send them to me :)

Rosie0610
24-09-2009, 08:23 PM
well.. if they are good, you can always send them to me :)

:lol: Sure, what kind would you like? Plain, almond, orange or crispy??

foreverducky
24-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I love almond and crispy!!!

Back in school we had to sell the candy bars and non-choc candy (ie sprees, sweettarts). It was horrible.

Tinkfan
25-09-2009, 01:16 PM
:lol: Sure, what kind would you like? Plain, almond, orange or crispy??

Fowlers or Niagara?:point: