PDA

View Full Version : Live from the Sunshine State - things get better

Wendy
26-09-2009, 03:37 PM
On our first evening, we went to the Boardwalk to meet Terry and Sue and also Tom and his wife Carol.

It was the only chance we would get to meet Tom and Carol as they were going home the next day and even though we were shattered we were glad that we had gone as it was a pleasure to meet them :D

On Friday morning, we went back to the airport to speak to the Manager at Dollar about the SUV, I was having so much trouble getting in and out that Chris said we would have to change it or I would end up falling.

The manager was very nice, Chris explained what had happened and the Manager said that firstly we should have been given a free upgrade as our category wasn't available and he would arrange a refund, he then said he would swap it for something smaller. We now have an Escape which is OK, but it smells and is very dirty :lol: Chris says he is not going back to the airport again even though I said he should :lol: :lol:

We were told though that Dollar as changing their fleet to Ford so that is something we will have to remember for next year.

We didn't do very much on Friday, I was cleaning most of the morning and then we went to the airport and did some shopping at Walmart.

In the evening we went to Epcot briefly and met Mystikpiglet and her DH, Chris and I have met them before so I wasn't worried at all :) We were a little late because it took me longer to walk than I expected so we missed the beginning of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, but they were very good, so we might go back tonight to watch the whole show :D

We didn't spend much time with them as we would have liked, but we might be seeing them again before they go home :yes:

So we aren't really up to much today, the management company is calling in to look at the ant problem and also to fix the toaster as only one side is working and Chris isn't happy about not being here as there isn't a safe to put our valuables.

After that we will be going to Home Depot or somewhere to buy an electric kettle :lol: all we have is a stove top kettle and it is very heavy so I can't lift easily plus I burnt my hand on it yesterday because the handle gets very hot even though it's insulated.

The sun is shining and it is lovely outside although the humidity is really bad.

I think we are hoping to go to the Poly for breakfast tomorrow - Tonga Toast here I come :lol: :lol:

keith
26-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Good to know things are looking up Wendy :hug2:

What kind of place doesn't have an electric kettle though? :unsure:

Wendy
26-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Good to know things are looking up Wendy :hug2:

What kind of place doesn't have an electric kettle though? :unsure:

:lol: I know and the man from the management company has just arrived to look at the ants.

I am a waste of space :lol: he asked if everything in the house was fine and clean and I said yes :rolleyes008: :lol: :lol:

keith
26-09-2009, 03:58 PM
:lol: I know and the man from the management company has just arrived to look at the ants.

I am a waste of space :lol: he asked if everything in the house was fine and clean and I said yes :rolleyes008: :lol: :lol:

WENDY!!!!!! young lady you are NOT to spend your holiday cleaning, you've both worked too hard to have it ruined

foreverducky
26-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I would have said, "yes, now it is since I cleaned it!"

I wonder if Poly has any rooms available????

Wendy
26-09-2009, 04:11 PM
WENDY!!!!!! young lady you are NOT to spend your holiday cleaning, you've both worked too hard to have it ruined

:lol: :lol: Chris gave me a "look" and raised his eyebrows :lol: it was an unspoken moment :lol:

I would have said, "yes, now it is since I cleaned it!"

I wonder if Poly has any rooms available????

I couldn't, I would be embarrassed :lol: I know I should have but that's me.

The Poly is too noisy for me :lol: :lol:

catrancher
26-09-2009, 04:20 PM
On our first evening, we went to the Boardwalk to meet Terry and Sue and also Tom and his wife Carol.

It was the only chance we would get to meet Tom and Carol as they were going home the next day and even though we were shattered we were glad that we had gone as it was a pleasure to meet them :D

Hi Wendy!

It was a delight for both Carol and I to meet you and Chris also! Unfortunate that we didn't have more time but we really enjoyed the time we did have. :yes:

Perhaps next time, we'll all have to do a cruise so that we can have more time togther.
Terry and I have both agreed to work on Chris for you at our earliest opportunity! :laugh2:

Tom (:macwave:... not sure I really like this "back home" stuff!)

Dawn
26-09-2009, 04:34 PM
OK Miss you listen to me. Next time management company ask you a question you just get Chris to answer honestly if you can't do it. :lol:

Isafari
26-09-2009, 06:05 PM

:fingers: that the two of you have the pool to yourselves really quickly.

I have no words!

How's the knee holding out?

Johnie
27-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Does Home Depot carry housewares??

Glad to hear you are having a good time besides the ants and the dirtiness. See you soon!!

Tink
27-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Well. That's some better.

I'd check Walmart for a teapot before Home Depot. You'll find a larger selection and most like much less expensive. I'd give you ours but the lid to the spout is broken and it spews water out of it if you don't catch it just in time! :lol: :sorry:

Beccaberry
28-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Much better :nod: But still not what I want to hear.

I'll be waiting right here to see that the ants have been taken care of, you have a "proper" kettle, and you're relaxed and enjoying yourself.

Go on now, I'm waiting.

Don't make me come down there. :wink:

daveann
28-09-2009, 01:40 PM
oh dear i would have been onto them to get it cleaned otherwise i would have been out of there or doing the same as you cleaning :)

hope you get to relax now and enjoy it :)

Mari
28-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Im glad things are getting better Wendy :)

seems like you are very relaxed, and thats really good :)

Tink
28-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I've given this some thought and I think you should tell the management company that you had to clean the place. Tell them originally you didn't say anything as you didn't want to cause a fuss, but now that you've thought about it they should know.

Most likely they paid to have someone clean the place, who clearly did not, so telling them would be a kindness. No one wants to pay for something they don't get.

Vixynne
29-09-2009, 03:25 AM
That's a very good point, Tink.

It may not have been the fault of prior guests, but simply a less-than-thorough housekeeping company/"cleaning lady" who shirked the checklist, figuring they could just blame it on the next lodgers. Best to mention it, I agree.

If you're too shy to say anything, drop a note in the management's letterbox or leave them a voice mail at some hour when you know nobody's around to actually answer and make you feel awkward.

Hope your pool is now permanently ant-free and you're getting to enjoy yourself!

Jazmine
30-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Naughty Wendy !!!!! hope you both Enjoy your hols and knee is ok thinking of you :hug2:
Love Jacqui xxxx

Tinker
01-10-2009, 01:07 AM
I missed this and agree with Keith ! WENDY !!! You should have told him management . Oooooo, you fibbed !!! :lol: :hug2: Glad to hear things are getting better . Just wish I could have seen you all . Have Fun & Enjoy !

Debbie2
03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy were amazing weren't they. Never heard of them before - fab musicians and great personalities :)