PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Question...

Vixynne
26-09-2009, 07:16 PM
For sit-down ADR meals, how early should our party arrive to check in?

I know it's recommended that you arrive 20 minutes early for dinner shows (like the Hoop Dee Doo Revue), but does that rule also apply for character breakfasts and regular sit-down meals as well?

Gotta get this stuff down-pat before December! :mental:

Isafari
26-09-2009, 10:30 PM
According to the WDW website you should "plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to your reservation time."
This is for standard ADR's.

Tink
27-09-2009, 02:44 AM
We don't always arrive that early. As long as you are there 5 minutes beforehand you'll be ok.

Depending upon where we are dining, we don't mind showing up a bit early as we like to have a pre-dinner cocktail. :yes:

Vixynne
27-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks, ladies!:hug2:

Mari
28-09-2009, 07:10 PM
If you want to be seated around your reservation time, definetly arrive 20 minutes early.

If you dont mind getting seatred later, then you can arrive 5 minutes prior or even at the time of your reservation... you'll just have to wait to be seated.

poohcrazy
13-10-2009, 04:15 PM
20 minutes early is about right

uscwest
13-10-2009, 04:34 PM
And then there are those who show up fashionably late and blame it on the Monorail? LOLOL The folks know who I am talking about. :taunt:

poohcrazy
13-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I agree. They know Disney World is a busy place. Always allow 45 minutes to an hour for Disney transportation. They have multiple stops to make and other guests to pick up. Don't get upset when you arrive to the restaurant and your table is gone. It's not Disney's fault, plan ahead.

Johnie
13-10-2009, 05:14 PM
And then there are those who show up fashionably late and blame it on the Monorail? LOLOL The folks know who I am talking about. :taunt:

:yes: all monorail orange fault!

Beccaberry
13-10-2009, 05:44 PM

:whistle:

I'm sure I have NO idea just what you're talking about :wink:

Disney has always been great about seating us when we've been detained elsewhere, and to be honest, I've never really noticed a correlation between how far in advance you arrive and how soon you are seated...it's probably there I've just never noticed it.

BigThunder
13-10-2009, 06:19 PM
We usually aim to get there a bit early just because that's how I roll, lol. But there have been times we've arrived right at the time or even a few minutes late (always cause for a panic attack for me) & been seated pretty quickly.

uscwest
14-10-2009, 06:24 PM
We arrived at the California Grill on Friday night at 7:30 for an 8:00 ADR. We were told they were running anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes behind. We got a beeper and sat in the cocktail lounge. Before we even got a server our beeper went off.