PDA

View Full Version : Nearly time for the Maldives!!!! Woohoooo!!!

Deb
28-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow! Nemo is nearly at the end of his journey!!! On Thursday morning we at last leave for our lovely 2 week trip to the The Maldives! :tralala:

Last week I was poorly sick :ill: and didn't get the chance to be in here much....didn't get the chance to do much of anything really, so am a teensy bit behind in packing and last minute shopping. I am feeling better today though, and I know that the break will do me the world of good. We have both been working so hard and need this trip....and it will be a total chillout!! We have both always wanted to visit The Maldives, and when we couldn't get the Disney holiday we wanted at a price that didn't mean a second mortgage, we booked here www.komandoo.com (http://www.komandoo.com) It is a teeny relaxed island and very peaceful. We can't wait to get there!

We fly from Manchester on Thursday, stopping off at Dubai airport on the way for a 3 hours of duty-free shopping. We get to The Madives on Friday morning and it will be sunny! I will wear no shoes until we leave again :tan:

At least being sick in bed meant we could shop online for the things we needed....we have bought a little Pentax Optio W60 waterproof camera to take pics when snorkelling, and I have a brand new snorkel, mask and fin set in PINK!!! We decided to buy a little netbook as Garry has to be able to keep in touch with work so we have a new Acer Aspire One in blue (it doesn't match the snorkel set but hey, I can live with that I suppose ;) ). I am hoping to be able to post some pics on here while I'm away for you all to see :tan2:

I shall be popping on here between now and Wednesday evening, but if I don't see you before then I shall see you when I get back (with my suntan :D ).

3 more sleeps... :dream:

Tink
28-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh! I wondered where you were. I'm sorry to hear you were ill. :( :hug2:

I am so looking forward to hearing all about your holiday. :yes: I've never been to the Maldives, of course so I shall learn about it through you!

Take it a bit slow though still. You'll want to have a full recovery before you leave. :hug2:

Be sure to bring loads of sunscreen! :yes:

arkvilla
28-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Ohhh lucky you :yes:

Have such a wonderful time - I've seen photo's and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Sandra

piglet
28-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh I hope you have as good a time as I did. I went about 8 or so years ago and I can still remember that the sand was sooo hot we had to run to get into the shady bits. Just lay in the shallows and let the fishes nibble at you, it's great.

daveann
28-09-2009, 01:36 PM
oh wow thats come around quickly :) have a fantastic break :)
i have an aspire one in blue to they are great for traveling with dave and i love ours :)
hope you feel better soon but the holiday will help :)

Skywatcher
28-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Sooooo Jealous - have an amazing time :D

Disneybumble
28-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Have a great time. A live Trip Report.