PDA

View Full Version : Roller Coasters

Isafari
09-07-2008, 01:46 PM
From all of the Florida theme parks, what is your favourite coaster and why?:fun50: Did you buy the photo?

ukwdwnut
09-07-2008, 01:49 PM
definatley duelling dragons as it pulls the most g forces and is a great ride, then rock n roller for the sheer exhilleration off the start, then the kraken for the first drop then the hulk, coz i just like it :)

lisaw
09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I think Everest because the theming is great and it feels different from any other coaster and it was more exhilarating than I thought it was going to be, then Rock n Roller Coaster for the theming, the music and the start:D

I do like Duelling Dragons, Kraken the Hulk etc all great coasters but lack in the theming dept for me.

Johnie
09-07-2008, 02:55 PM
The Hulk is awesome! That is just an awesome ride.

The only photo we've bought is RNR but we had the whole car with people we knew :p

Mags
09-07-2008, 05:32 PM
After 4 visits and lots of times threatening to ride the Hulk but chickening out, I finally rode it in 2006. It was the best! I dont know why I was so afraid for years. I also like Kraken but hate RnR - I am a mess when I come off that.

Margaret

Tink2
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I get really sick on coasters so I usually end up minding the bags while the others go on and do a bit of people watching. One year DS pleaded with me to go on Kraken with him and I must have been suffering from sun stroke because I agreed. I was great going up the first ramp and loved the view from the top but the minute we started downhill I realised what a mistake it was :n045: I spent the entire time with my eyes firmly shut praying for it to be over, when I got off I felt so :sick007: I couldn't even speak to anyone for about half an hour and had to sit right outside the restrooms "just in case"

I did try Everest when it first opened but I got off feeling really sick so needless to say I've never been on a coaster again and am quite happy to mind the bags :yes:

Tink
09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Awww! Tink2, that's terrible! :hug1:

My favorite coaster is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. :yes: Well. It is. :D

Tink2
09-07-2008, 06:39 PM

I don't mind because you see some great things when you're waiting for the others to get back :lol:

I'm so bad that I even felt rough on Goofy's Barnstorming Rollercoaster :D

karrie
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I have a brilliant pic from RnR Coaster thats got me and 2 of my 'cyber friends' in it. Met then out in Florida and am now such good friends with them both, esp Sam and her hubby who i see when they are over (they live in the scottish isles) and of course, their gorgeous baby girl now :D

Tink
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought Goofy's Barnstormer was a pretty fast (and kind of rough) coaster for little kids! :eek:

You must be very sensitive to motion. Do you get ill on long car trips or boat rides? :(

Johnie
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I've been told that Goofy's Barnstormer is actually faster than Space Mountain. SM just seems fast cause it's in the dark.

MinnieMouse
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM

I like Big thunder mountain railroad too :p015:. I have to ride the coasters on my own as DH doesnt enjoy coasters.

I didnt enjoy space mountain as I had a bit of motion sickness:(. Has anyone had motion sickness on this ride ?

BevW
10-07-2008, 02:09 AM
I thought Goofy's Barnstormer was a pretty fast (and kind of rough) coaster for little kids! :eek:

You must be very sensitive to motion. Do you get ill on long car trips or boat rides? :(

Goofy's Barnstormer! :lol: l love it! And so do the DGD's! :lol:
Not saying it's MY favorite...it's the DGD's favorite!

Tink
10-07-2008, 02:27 AM
When I took Max (6 at the time) on it, he smacked his head on the car on one of the corners. I wasn't impressed. The second time on it (yep, he loved it) I put my arm around him and sure enough, his head nearly smacked the car in the same spot.

So, careful of the little ones! :eek:

Tink2
10-07-2008, 05:40 AM

I don't suffer from car sickness but do take something on the plane. As for boat sickness....... ask me when I get back from my first Disney cruise :eye::eek: :lol:

Tink
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I bet you'll be just fine. I am. I can't do crazy rides, but I can cruise. I took a dramamine once on my first cruise (first day/night) and didn't need one thereafter.

No problems in the car either. I can have problems on the train though. That sideways rocking motion isn't something my likes too well, apparently!