PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Trip

ukwdwnut
01-10-2009, 09:45 AM
is now off :(

but hopefully will go easter 2011, as you all know we've only been in oct so it will be a new experience for us...will have to get more quotes from kim now :lol: after all the donkey work she did already for me i better go :hide: and make a swift :exit: i think :lol:

daveann
01-10-2009, 09:56 AM
never been at easter time but i imagine its a lovely time of year out there. Back to planning then :) are you still hoping to do onsite and offsite as well? :)

tb2830
01-10-2009, 10:00 AM
is now off :(

but hopefully will go easter 2010, as you all know we've only been in oct so it will be a new experience for us...will have to get more quotes from kim now :lol: after all the donkey work she did already for me i better go :hide: and make a swift :exit: i think :lol:

think you might mean easter 2011 as its 2010 next year lol

ukwdwnut
01-10-2009, 10:00 AM
never been at easter time but i imagine its a lovely time of year out there. Back to planning then :) are you still hoping to do onsite and offsite as well? :)

well the plan is do the parks at night as they are open late im told, will have to check on that tho and then do some sightseeing where we havent been yet, which is everywhere :lol: also KSC too been wanting to go since 1st trip in 2000 but it always gets taken off the itinery

yeah hopefully will still do that ann depending on cost tho as it might be more expensive then

ukwdwnut
01-10-2009, 10:10 AM
think you might mean easter 2011 as its 2010 next year lol

oh yeah omg im losing it :lol: thx trace :D

daveann
01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
i know when we were looking for next year the flights shoot up in price around easter time :(

ukwdwnut
01-10-2009, 10:24 AM
i know when we were looking for next year the flights shoot up in price around easter time :(

will see when i get home will send kim an email :D

lozzy
01-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear next year is off, but glad your still going back.:hug2:
Never been at easter but my friend went this easter and said it was very very busy. 2 hour waiting lines and fast passes ran out very early in the day. But maybe your used to that I don't know, we never have long lines when we go.

sunsetlakes
01-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear your next trip is "off" but pleased to hear that you are already starting on your new plans :hug2:

Tink
01-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Easter is very busy, Mick. It's nearly as busy as Christmas and has seen the parks (MK) close a time or two.

Not that you can't do it with some planning, but just be prepared. It's a whole different experience from October.

The heat won't be much different, maybe a bit more humidity.

Johnie
01-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Easter IS a very busy time. We took my dad during Easter one year. Even delaying the trip by a week will make a huge difference.

Mari
01-10-2009, 06:24 PM
sorry to hear that Mick.. however, I think its great that you DO have a trip planned.

I agree though, Easter is really busy, because its srping break and easter break in the US, and its also easter break in Mexico and most of Latin America... and most kids get 2 weeks of school!

Ursula
01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Can you not hang on a bit and go abit later... it sounds like it's going to be a nightmare at Easter :(

Disneybumble
02-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear that Mick.:hug2:

ukwdwnut
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Easter is very busy, Mick. It's nearly as busy as Christmas and has seen the parks (MK) close a time or two.

Not that you can't do it with some planning, but just be prepared. It's a whole different experience from October.

The heat won't be much different, maybe a bit more humidity.

i know its busy then tink but is it so you cant move, cant do rides so thats not a factor tbh

Can you not hang on a bit and go abit later... it sounds like it's going to be a nightmare at Easter :(

only other time we can go really is in the summer hols, oct and chrimbo helly

Sorry to hear that Mick.:hug2:

thanks siobhan :hug2:

Ursula
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Even summer hols has got to better than Easter.

ukwdwnut
02-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Even summer hols has got to better than Easter.

you think? could do last 2 weeks in august as ive heard thats okish

lisaw
02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Last 2 weeks of August was fine Mick - especially the last week as the Florida schools went back on the 25th ish. Even before that it was perfectly managable and a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It is very hot though if thats a factor. :unsure:

Claire
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Another vote for end of August. We were very surprised at how light the crowds were.

ukwdwnut
02-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Last 2 weeks of August was fine Mick - especially the last week as the Florida schools went back on the 25th ish. Even before that it was perfectly managable and a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It is very hot though if thats a factor. :unsure:

that good eh!! will give us food for thought thats for sure...you flew with VA didnt you lisa, can i ask what sort of prices you paid?

Another vote for end of August. We were very surprised at how light the crowds were.

really how long was the longest Q and for what ride?

Claire
02-10-2009, 04:58 PM

As a rule of thumb we only use Owen's GAC for queues over 30 minutes. The only rides we needed to use it on were Soarin', Toy Story at DHS, Test Track and Space Mountain. The rest were less than that.

ukwdwnut
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM
As a rule of thumb we only use Owen's GAC for queues over 30 minutes. The only rides we needed to use it on were Soarin', Toy Story at DHS, Test Track and Space Mountain. The rest were less than that.

ok thx claire, cant defo do 2 of those havent a clue what the TS ride is...so maybe last 2 weeks then :D

Johnie
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
TS ride is similar to Buzz Lightyear but way better IMO.

I'd go with the last 2 weeks in Aug. It's hot but lines aren't bad.

lisaw
02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
that good eh!! will give us food for thought thats for sure...you flew with VA didnt you lisa, can i ask what sort of prices you paid?

We booked a fly drive through Virgin Holidays and it was about 3700 for the 4 of us including car, insurance etc.

The longest queue was Toy Story Mania without a doubt - 90 mins most of the time - the queue for the Fast pass machines was probably 30 mins
:lol: Other than that the usual suspects like Soarin', Everest etc could have an hour or more if that gives you some guide. Other rides like Buzz etc around 15 mins. :yes:

Crafty 475
16-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Parks are wonderful during Easter. Lots of fun. See everyone there. Look for the deals at WDW during this time of year.
:yes:

BigThunder
16-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I looked into Easter of 2010 year before I decided on July. I was actually looking at my kids Spring Break week & when I was quoted the points it would cost I was jaw dropped! I said to the CM 'wow!' or something that showed my shock & she said, yeah, that's Easter Week. So I thought d%#n! Just my luck our SB is during EAster. So not only did the thought of crowds scare me off, so did the DVC points I'd have to use!

I have heard the crowds are pretty bad during that time.

BigThunder
16-10-2009, 03:07 PM
what the heck??? I was still typing & apparently it kept reposting my post.. EEK!! I'm sorry guys!
I'll see if I can figure out how to remove the excess ones

Slowhand
16-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Multiple posts have now been deleted.
Haven`t a clue why that happened BigThunder. :unsure:

BigThunder
16-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Multiple posts have now been deleted.
Haven`t a clue why that happened BigThunder. :unsure:

Thanks, now I don't look like a doofus, lol. If you noticed it reposted after every new word I typed in the last sentence.

ukwdwnut
18-10-2009, 09:11 AM
TS ride is similar to Buzz Lightyear but way better IMO.

I'd go with the last 2 weeks in Aug. It's hot but lines aren't bad.

rides are not really a problem johnie, as its only the 2 of use i doubt we will do that many

but if crowds are really high then maybe late august would be best....thx :D