PDA

View Full Version : World Book Day HHEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!

Dawn
01-10-2009, 05:52 PM
This coming Wednesday is World Book Day. My year 5 class will be reading to some of the year 1 children. Everyone is dressing up. I have 5 days to sort out an outfit. It needs to be a character from a book and preferably a character that a 5 year old child will know. I'm stuck at the Gruffalo. :unsure:

Help please.

foreverducky
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Big Bird. :D

Mari
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
the cat in the hat .... or anyother Dr. Seuss character, they are veyr easy to recognize... except, dont do Horton hahahaha

ummm.... the very hungry caterpillar?

I guess Im stuck in the baby books category at the moment

Winnie Pooh? One of Harry Potter's teachers??

foreverducky
01-10-2009, 07:07 PM
The Count? Oscar the Grouch? Cookie Monster?

mumof2
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
cat in the hat is usually popular, and harry potter.

erm........ :unsure:

Dawn
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Sorted. Just purchased a Gryffindor robe. One of Adrian's white shirts. Bit of stick for a wand. Simples. :D

And I can still play football at break time. :wavehands:

Mari
01-10-2009, 07:33 PM
great choice Dawn :)

MarkE
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Wasn't it world book day back in March? I seem to remember goint to Borders and WH Smith and exchanging an awful lot of tokens for some double sided books? Do they do this twice a year?

*Bambi-Belle*
02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
lol Our Head teacher always dresses as Professor McGonagall.:biggrin:

This year Connor wants to dress as MacBeth!!!!!!!:eek: Why can't he want to be Harry Potter or Horrid Henry like all the other kids? lol Strange child that he is.:rolleyes:

Thank goodness Granny can sew and is knocking up a tartan cloak as I type. I don't even know if that's what MacBeth wore!!!!!:unsure:

Oh! for next year Dawn, Pippi Longstocking always goes down well with the kids. Orange wool pigtails, bight colourful clothes, and knee high striped socks.:yes::thumbsup: