PDA

View Full Version : sunday lunch

daveann
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
who else makes a proper Sunday lunch and what you having? :)

were having roast chicken with roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips and yprkshire puddings :) yummy :yes:

tb2830
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM
im off to mums for dinner were having roast beef, roast potatos,carrots cauli,cabbage and yorkshire puds

arkvilla
04-10-2009, 11:17 AM
We're having pork strips roasted until crispy, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots & turnip and yorkshire puds

Then double chocolate cheesecae with cream - yuuuummmmmmyyyyyyy

Sandra

piglet
04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
who else makes a proper Sunday lunch and what you having? :)

were having roast chicken with roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips and yprkshire puddings :) yummy :yes:

Almost ditto but add roasted garlic and asperagus and take away carrots and parsnips

Dawn
04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Cheese on toast. :lol:

We have a traditional Sunday lunch ocassionally and always when we have visitors. If we have beef we have organic but these days we're more likely to roast a piece of gammon.

mumof2
04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
you know, i would love to go back to Sunday being the family day it was when we were young. Visitors only came when pre-arranged.

I get a really fed up when I'm trying to get a nice roast or any other sort of dinner ready, and people just turn up on the doorstep.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not being anti-social or anything, but i would just like to know when I'm likely to get visitors on a Sunday without being worried the whole day that someone may just knock on the door when i least expect them!

bah-humbug!

today we will most likely have sossidges in gravy, roasties and veg. I need to empty the freezer in time for all that Christmas food!

Claire
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Roast beef for us. Mustn't forget the Horseradish!

Britchick
04-10-2009, 12:25 PM
i had hot cross bunnies for lunch will be having pork and apple sossidges from the new farm shop that opened in the week.

lisaw
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
We are having our first Sunday Roast (roast chicken and the usual) in about 3 months today! I don't even care that I am eating out tonight I am still having some :lol:

daveann
04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
oh i forgot apple and blackberry crumble for dave :)

we have at least one roast a week quite often 2. i love the sunday tradition my ex was always hung over on a sunday to eat one :(

Tink
04-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Ummmm...we aren't even sure what we are having for dinner, never mind lunch! LOL!

Kate
04-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Since having my little girl i seem to do a couple of roasts during the week so we dont really have one on a sunday anymore. Having said that, if we are out and about on a Sunday we always have a roast for lunch - how can you not have one when you can smell that loooovely smell! we had a carvery and i had beef, delicious!

Johnie
05-10-2009, 05:27 PM
YUMMMMM I need an invitation to your house

simonwebb74
05-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I had a cheese sandwich for dinner last night :shrug: