PDA

View Full Version : how ridiculous!

Britchick
05-10-2009, 09:49 AM
i'm off ill at the moment - was in bed over the weekend with what i think is a bad cold. Rang into work and they told me to ring the swine flu hotline- who have given me a code to go and get tamiflu.

I just feel that i've got a bad cold and now suddenly it's turned into a huge kerfuffle! :eek3:

Lisa1976
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Better to be safe than sorry britchick. Hope you feel better soon :hug2:

ukwdwnut
05-10-2009, 10:29 AM
hope your kerfuffle gets better soon jules :hug1:

Tink
05-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh geez. Better a kerfuffle than the swine flu! :eek: :hug2:

Here's hoping you feel better soon! :pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

Skywatcher
05-10-2009, 11:38 AM
welcome to my world - suddenly every sniffle or viral illness is swine flu - it does nothing but detract from the serious.

Mum rings - little johnie started to be sick then got some diarrhoea, the vomiting stopped then the diarrhoea cleared up - we've all had it in the family we think it might have been down to a meal we had - we are all better now - the swine flu line - that was swine flu you should all have tamiflu

bonkers

I shall not write more as my soap box would explode but the handling of this has been shambolic and media driven as opposed to sensibly and medically driven

mainecoon lover
05-10-2009, 11:44 AM
welcome to my world - suddenly every sniffle or viral illness is swine flu - it does nothing but detract from the serious.

Mum rings - little johnie started to be sick then got some diarrhoea, the vomiting stopped then the diarrhoea cleared up - we've all had it in the family we think it might have been down to a meal we had - we are all better now - the swine flu line - that was swine flu you should all have tamiflu

bonkers

I shall not write more as my soap box would explode but the handling of this has been shambolic and media driven as opposed to sensibly and medically driven

Well said. its all gotten completely out of hand. Its the time of the year for a cold. I also think people panic at every sniffle that they may oink.

Britchick
05-10-2009, 11:47 AM
i am now banned from work till i'm assymptomatic! i will be good today and then get someone to bring me work home i think.

mumof2
05-10-2009, 11:51 AM
i could get on my soapbox too but i'm not going to....there are lots of colds and sore throats going round at the moment. My 2 have had them, needless to say I have been keeping a close eye on them.

Hopefully you do just have a cold Julie - i wanted to say to everyone just be wary of being diagnosed with swine flu via the telephone of Tamiflu, please. :hug2:

Tink
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
We had a brief, VERY brief (as in less than 24 hours) go round with something not so fun... Seth was here and got the worst of it, but even he wasn't driven to bed over it.

Anyone that I've mentioned it to has had the same response... OOOOOH! Swine flu! Um, no. Really. It wasn't. :rolleyes:

Panic is never a good thing, and when it overrides sensible medical judgment it's more dangerous than the illness that is causing the panic. :sigh:

OK. I'll step down now too.

NEXT?!

Disneybumble
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Don't get me started. My 3 have all had really bad colds. Liam has been quite poorly BUT it's not swine flu, he is up and about, eating and drinking. I have no doubt if l had persued the "swine flu" route ,we would have had been given tamiflu.

Tink
05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Herself has been fighting off either a nasty cold, or a possible sinus infection. She's afraid to call the doctor as she doesn't want the Swine Flu scare nonsense. :rolleyes:

Tamiflu? What is the potential consequence of taking that if it's not needed? :unsure:

Britchick
05-10-2009, 02:32 PM
there are lots of side effects Tink which have been making people feel worse than the illness.

I would not have rung the help line but i was told to because of a work protocol.

Ursula
05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm feeling quite left out.... maybe I WANT swine flu? Do I?......... Brit... don't want to panic you but just don't look out of your window...... barbed wire around a house and yello *DO NOT CROSS* tape is so not a good look....

Britchick
05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
and i thought it was halloween decorations!!! i was wondering whether a cross on the door would be appropriate!

Ursula
05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Unclean....... unclean......

Tink
07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
How are you feeling, Brit? Still nothing more serious than a hard cold? :unsure: :hug2:

Britchick
07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
still feeling pretty rough, got a low grade fever still. Woke up sweating last night don't know what that was all about. Not like me to be knocked off my feet for so long. thanks for asking :hug2:

foreverducky
07-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I have completed bleached my computer screen. May break out the cotton swaps and clean each individual key. I don't want any of it....a cold or the oink.

If you look around I'll be the one wearing the mask and yellow suit.

Britchick
07-10-2009, 02:22 PM
thanks for you sympathy Billie! :tongue:

Ursula
07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
still feeling pretty rough, got a low grade fever still. Woke up sweating last night don't know what that was all about. Not like me to be knocked off my feet for so long. thanks for asking :hug2:

It's the change.....

Jodie
07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
i'm off ill at the moment - was in bed over the weekend with what i think is a bad cold. Rang into work and they told me to ring the swine flu hotline- who have given me a code to go and get tamiflu.

I just feel that i've got a bad cold and now suddenly it's turned into a huge kerfuffle! :eek3:

I love that word!

Britchick
07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
It's the change.....

you better get running Missy!:slap:

Ursula
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm running... don't worry! >>>>>>>>>>>>

Dizneyblonde
07-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm still no better and have been ill for 4 weeks now but it keeps changing to something different.
Everyone at work us moaning that they are getting it but I was told to to back so I can't win!Can't get into doctors until Friday either.
I had Tamiflu for a week and although I think it got me over the fever quicker I felt so sick taking it!it just can't stop coughing now.
Hope you feel better soon Julie.X

Tink
07-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Ach Brit and Teresa. :hug2: Sure do hope you both pull out of whatever it is you have! :( No fun at all being ill. :grouphug:

Tinkfan
07-10-2009, 05:41 PM
It's the change.....

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL1::ouch: So not funny for us poor people starting to go through it!!! Well, maybe just a little!!!! Just you wait you young-un!!!:yes: