PDA

View Full Version : May I have your attention, please?

Tink
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Will you join me in congratulating our President? This has truly brought tears to my eyes.

?Humbled? Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize - White House- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33237202/ns/politics-white_house/)

Britchick
09-10-2009, 01:35 PM
absolutely Tink i couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Disneybumble
09-10-2009, 02:46 PM
A well deserved honour.

Skywatcher
09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Blimey he has only been in the job 5 minutes. I simply can't believe how much he is trying to set things right in so many different areas truely a world leader

Tink
10-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Although he's inherited one of the worst messes in this country's history, he is making every stride he can. I would like to see him move a bit on some issues, but I will continue to believe he is moving forward with his masterful sense of timing.

I cannot tell you what it means to have the world recognize that he is an incredible leader.

Johnie
10-10-2009, 04:12 AM
My sister publicly schooled me on Facebook regarding my message about her post that he has done nothing. I truly don;'t know where I went wrong with her

gwennie81
10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I told two coworkers to stop arguing the other day. I think I should get a peace prize.

josh.p.
11-10-2009, 12:16 AM
I told two coworkers to stop arguing the other day. I think I should get a peace prize.
If either of them had nuclear weapons then maybe you would :yes: :rotfl:

Tinker
11-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Same Here , All I Keep Hearing Is What He He Done ?!?! Well Done, Mr President , you have made us who put our trust in your promises, proud !

Skywatcher
11-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Although he's inherited one of the worst messes in this country's history, he is making every stride he can. I would like to see him move a bit on some issues, but I will continue to believe he is moving forward with his masterful sense of timing.

I cannot tell you what it means to have the world recognize that he is an incredible leader.

There were 5-6 areas that were really really bugging me by the end of the last regime but he has made steps in all of them since he has been in office - Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day and I think he is playing it very smart.

I appreciate as a foreigner my opinions count for very little and I will never really know what it means to 'be American' but he is so different from the last incumbent of the job it is astonishing, he is an articulate intelligent man with world vision, as well as trying to sort out some of the grass root problems at home.

His greatest achievement will be being remembered for the things he does and not simply because of the colour of his skin which has, regrettably until recently overshadowed all.

Tink
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes, he will be the President who moved this country forward into a more global conscience, a better place for all, not just a few. He must move carefully, and he does with great deliberation. There are some things I would like to see happen, but I do know that he has so very much to do that he has to address those issues that speak to the vast majority. The grass roots activism will help him move forward on the issues that speak to smaller groups.

There are still factions in this country who judge him on the color of his skin, and that will always be. It's unfortunate, but he's strong enough to withstand that sort of ignorance and move on. I think it says more about the people who attack him than it does about the man. Particularly when the intolerant voices attack his family, his daughters; they do more to make themselves look terrible than anything.

For the first time in years, there is real hope in this country, real vision, the very real chance that we can move forward into a national conscience that recognizes the significance of being a part of global society instead of a self centered insular one.

That he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, in part for the hope and potential of his leadership speaks volumes.

BigThunder
13-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Now can we just get some of the people actually here in the US to see this??? I live in a small state, not so big town, & I swear it amazes me the Obama hatred I still see.

My kids didn't even get to watch the message to school kids. The teachers opted not to do it! Not sure if it was due to parent pressure or their opinons of him. That made me SO angry! There should have been an option if you wanted your kids to see it or if you didn't.

Sorry Tink, didn't mean to go on a rant in your thread. Yes I was VERY proud of this for him & for our country.

Johnie
14-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Oh BT, you should see the hatred here too. Well actually it is pretty mixed really. My clients love him. It seems that the majority of my married, Republican friends on Facebook keep talking trash argh

Tink
14-10-2009, 03:35 AM
You are fine Cristine. It makes me very sad to see the number of people who voice real dislike for this man. I wish I could be certain it was purely on political grounds, but I am not. :(

We'll keep trying though, eh? Face forward, move ahead, and don't let the grumpies get you down!

MarkE
14-10-2009, 10:19 AM
That's right Tink! All the way through the election build up my family in PA said it was his election to lose, and that he wouldn't blow it. He didn't. Now we have to make everyone see that he has at least FOUR years and probably 8 to put his plan to action. If in 4 years time there isn't some sort of healthcare system, an all embracing armed force, and no progression on Afghanistan and Iran they can call him a failure. But at least he's trying, and knocking the issues off one at a time.

I bet Mr Bush would never have won a 'peace' anything!

Tink
14-10-2009, 10:59 AM
President Obama inherited a huge mess, that is certain. No one can fix it all in four years, but he has made great strides.

What bothers me is that people don't seem to understand that He is Us. We should want him to succeed! If he does, and makes those critical changes, then we have all "won" we have all come to be in a better, more productive, more honorable place.

BigThunder
14-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh BT, you should see the hatred here too. Well actually it is pretty mixed really. My clients love him. It seems that the majority of my married, Republican friends on Facebook keep talking trash argh

Most of my facebook friends are pretty cool about it all & are Obama supporters. One of the biggest of them though, has an abnormal amount of Republican friends on her facebook & everytime she posts something positive about Obama they have to chime in with their hate. It's really hard to read & not comment back but seeing they are not MY friends (thank God!) I leave it be for the most part.