View Full Version : Debbie does Disney 2009 - Shop till we drop!

16-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Monday 21 September

All woke about 8.30am to the noise of the leaf sweeper machine under our window downstairs (happened every morning same time) Breakfast at Concierge again – loving this start to the day. How will we ever go back to 'standard'??

Taxi from outside hotel to Mall at Millennia. Nice and quiet when we got there. DD had near on $1000 burning a hole in her pocket and made light work of spending it. Several Abercrombie, Hollister, Urban Outfitters (although DD says our Urban Outfitters is much better) bags and a ridiculous amount spent on Mac makeup. She was a happy bunny - wow that girl loves to shop (don't know who she gets that from)

Visit to Tiffany to get her a bracelet for doing so well in her exams. Yummy lunch at Cheesecake factory – only $55 for all of us.

Taxi back with detour to Florida Mall as DD just wanted to check if there was anything different there . Is it me or is this more tatty than last time – or did it just seem that way after Millennia???? :unsure:

Back to YC. DD went on laptop in lobby whilst we went for drinks in Concierge. Some lovely appetizers and cheese/crackers in there so none of us felt like ADR at Tony’s Town Square. We took couple beers and wine back to our room. Chilled out for a while (watching Stacy's must-do's again)before heading to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes.

When we got back there was a note under the room door to say mattresses on our floor were being changed tomorrow so not to leave anything valuable out in room. Bit surprised as the room had just been refurbed.

Another lovely sunny day with no rain or storms - so different to the weather we have experienced in July/Aug time :thumbsup:

16-10-2009, 07:39 PM
NOW that is a perfect day.

mainecoon lover
26-10-2009, 12:43 PM
my sort of day

26-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow! Your DD sure knows how to shop! :D I've not been to Florida Mall in some time so can't tell if it's more run down. I'd hazard a guess that it is though. We have one nearer to us and it's so bad that it's a place where almost only gangs go now. We were warned to not go there after dark. We went during the day not too long ago and the place was terrible with many shops closed and roaming gang members all over the place. Needless to say we left and won't be back.

So, all that to say, Florida Mall may be headed down the same path. Malls are becoming a bit of a thing of the past... (in some areas).

Cheesecake Factory is a great place to get filled up, isn't it? :yes: :D