PDA

View Full Version : chocolate orange and christmas sweeties

daveann
17-10-2009, 07:40 PM
just eating a piece of chocolate orange as the season is upon us and just wondered how many of you will have to replace chocolate oranges and christmas sweeties because you have eaten them before christmas :nono:

i know its a pointless thread :yes:

Ursula
17-10-2009, 07:50 PM
ooh dearie.... chocolate marzipan from Lidls.... guess I'll have to go back......

Dawn
17-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Not me but one year MIL bought about a dozen easter eggs for all the family and had to replace them as she ate the lot. :eek:

daveann
17-10-2009, 07:57 PM
the best of it is im not that keen on chocolate hardly ever eat it but white chocolate oranges are evil :lol:

Ursula
17-10-2009, 08:12 PM
ooh god no.... do they taste orangey?

Ursula
17-10-2009, 08:13 PM
does anyone else think that ped egg stuff in the grater looks like ground almonds or parmesan?

Claire
17-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Is Terry's Chocolate Orange on of your five a day?

Ursula
17-10-2009, 08:30 PM
yes cos it's orange and oranges are fruit.

Disneybumble
17-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Me and the husband nearly had full fisticuffs in the middle of Tesco's today. Tins of chocs were/are a fiver and l wanted to buy 4. Now we are both on a WW diet and he quite reasonably said "No Siobhan,think about we will eat them all". I sulked, shouted and nearly rolled on the floor. Unfortunately he is right,they wouldn't have lasted a week.

foreverducky
17-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I asked my mother to make our sugar cookies this Christmas. I'm so excited. I have another 2 months to go though before they arrive. So yummy!

Isafari
17-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I nearly opened a tin of Roses yesterday....do you think I can peel the tape from the lid, pinch a few then reseal :unsure:

Tinkfan
17-10-2009, 10:52 PM
:wave: Mmmm, orange chocolate, yum!! Remember to post your holiday recipes in the section Tink started!!!! Will take requests for recipes. BTW, I have a orange chocolate bar cookie that is my SIL's favorite!!!

josh.p.
17-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I've just eaten wotsits which I haven't eaten in ages! We have no chocolate in this house at the minute- Mum is on a cut-down and sister has started WW so all we have is bloody WW biscuits and pink and whites. I can't eat pink and whites cos of the marshmallows and I feel terrible eating the WW cookies as they are my sister's.

Shellyamc
18-10-2009, 12:00 AM
does anyone else think that ped egg stuff in the grater looks like ground almonds or parmesan?

Oh gag!!!! You can't toss this stuff in when talking about yummy things!!! :lol:

Tink
18-10-2009, 02:05 AM
We have four bags (BIG ones) of candy staring at us right now. It was bought for Halloween, but it's saying, "eat me, eat me" as it sits there glowering...

Herself has been known to have special stashes of sweets and cookies raided by faeries. We have serious trouble with them in this house. Not sure why, but ooooeeeeee, do they love to snitch the good stuff. :yes:

Never did try one of those chocolate oranges. Just can't quite bring myself to think it'd go good together.

Helly, that is just NASTY! Ick! :nono:

Johnie
18-10-2009, 02:39 AM
I was in Wal-Mart last night and they had all the Christmas baking stuff out. I can make my Christmas Rock cookies in OCTOBER.....shhhhh don't let my dad find out or I will constantly be in the kitchen

Ursula
18-10-2009, 06:17 AM
I nearly opened a tin of Roses yesterday....do you think I can peel the tape from the lid, pinch a few then reseal :unsure:

Ha! easily! Been done more times than I've had hot dinners..... :yes: trouble is you have to keep buying boxes to empty back into them :(

Tinkfan
19-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Ok what are Whotsits and Roses?! Tink, orange chocolate is delish!!! ( If it's the good stuff):yes::yes:

dumbo77
19-10-2009, 09:30 PM
we already have to replace a rather large box (48 pieces) of toffiffee :sorry: the thing is they are delicious and we cant help ourselves honest its like chocolate terrets or something:unsure:

josh.p.
19-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Do you not have chocolate orange in the states, Tink?!

Tink
19-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Yes, we have chocolate oranges. :yes: White chocolate ones, milk chocolate ones, and dark chocolate ones. I send one (dark chocolate) to a family member every year from Santa. It's just that I've not ever tried one. :unsure: Can't quite get my head around the combination.

Did taste a white chocolate and orange one, once and didn't care for it, but I don't like white chocolate, so it wasn't a fair test.

Roses are the chocolate roses, yes? Chocolate shaped like a rose, wrapped in red foil? That's what we have here anyway.

I don't know what a whotsit is though, Josh? :unsure:

mainecoon lover
20-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes, we have chocolate oranges. :yes: White chocolate ones, milk chocolate ones, and dark chocolate ones. I send one (dark chocolate) to a family member every year from Santa. It's just that I've not ever tried one. :unsure: Can't quite get my head around the combination.

Did taste a white chocolate and orange one, once and didn't care for it, but I don't like white chocolate, so it wasn't a fair test.

Roses are the chocolate roses, yes? Chocolate shaped like a rose, wrapped in red foil? That's what we have here anyway.

Roses are selection of hard and soft centered chocolate.

I hate white chocolate but love chocolate orange very yummy. I am tending to go for a darker chocolate of late rather than milk chocolate.

Kate
20-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok, well our christmas cupboard is looking beeeautifully yummy at the moment - all in tact too!! So far we have a popping candy chocolate orange, a normal chocolate orange, tin of roses, tin of celebrations, 2 boxes of match makers (orange and mint) and 2 boxes of yummy M&S biscuits! Oh, and i have 2 really delicious cakes in the freezer - although its Isabelle's 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks so we might have them when the family comes in for that!

Tink
20-10-2009, 12:08 PM
So you don't have roses made from chocolate then, rather filled chocolate that you call roses?

mainecoon lover
20-10-2009, 12:15 PM
So you don't have roses made from chocolate then, rather filled chocolate that you call roses?

Yes thats right, think they have small rose on them but not in teh shape of a rose

Tink
20-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Ah. Gotcha. Funny the differences in products with the same name, isn't it? :D

Claire
20-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Have a look here (http://www.cadbury.co.nz/admin/file/content29/c1/cadbury_roses_nz.jpg) Tink. This should give you an idea of what Roses chocolates are.

Tink
20-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh! Pretty! They look really sweet though? I mean the filling? Yeah, I know. It's candy it's supposed to be sweet! LOL. I don't much care for achingly sweet things though. They hurt my teeth (always have, even as a kid).

I like dark chocolate, and dark chocolate with salt. :yes: Yepper, weirdo that's me! :D

Lisa1976
20-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Herself has been known to have special stashes of sweets and cookies raided by faeries. We have serious trouble with them in this house. Not sure why, but ooooeeeeee, do they love to snitch the good stuff. :yes:

Funny you should say that, I was at a clients on Sunday photographing their little girl. She told me that they have been burgled twice, the first time they took all the Harbo sweets, the second time they ran off with two cherry bakewells. These burgleries must be occuring all over the place by the sounds of it :rotfl:

Ursula
20-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Have a look here (http://www.cadbury.co.nz/admin/file/content29/c1/cadbury_roses_nz.jpg) Tink. This should give you an idea of what Roses chocolates are.

There's a new one?! called cherry!!!!!!! oh my! slurps drool......

Ursula
20-10-2009, 01:25 PM
I suggest you get the Terry's DARK chocolate orange Tink.

Tinkfan
20-10-2009, 01:30 PM
:worship: You guys are good, I don't even want to think about Christmas really yet!! I've bought a few things for Ty and 2 apiece for our grand-children, that's it! I did put away a tin of Mickey hot chocolate for Christmas morning however!! You've got to have your priorities!!!:yes:

Kate
20-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Ooooh the cherry ripe and the chocolate supreme ones look loooovely! Hope they are in my tin?!
Didnt like it when they took some of the ones in miniture heros away, and they put an eclair in instead!

Dawn
20-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I've got 2 tubs of Cheeselets and a tube of Pringles (which have to be eaten soon as the tube is used to make a pressie for the boy's classroom assistant)

No chocklit yet as it wouldn't last.

josh.p.
20-10-2009, 05:45 PM

PLEASE try one!!! They are the nicest thing ever!!! :yes: Wotsits are cheesy maize snacks that are probably FULL of e numbers :yes: :rotfl:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xhRv7oMz__Y/SUgGqQDDm-I/AAAAAAAAAhc/70jV-ITzIwY/s400/wotsits.gif
http://fiftyfourfoodmiles.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dscn0022.jpg

Johnie
20-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Those are Cheetos!!

josh.p.
20-10-2009, 06:23 PM
We also have cheetos! There is a difference but I'm not sure of what... :unsure:

Johnie
20-10-2009, 06:24 PM
The name? and you don't have Chester Cheetoh :tongue:

josh.p.
20-10-2009, 06:44 PM
The name? and you don't have Chester Cheetoh :tongue:
We do have Chester Cheetoh!!:wiggle: They don't sell cheetos anymore but they did a few years back :yes: I think cheetos are a bit more cheesy perhaps... :unsure:

Johnie
20-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Interesting....I may need to do a taste test......

daveann
20-10-2009, 07:12 PM
1 bag is never enough though :)

arkvilla
20-10-2009, 07:21 PM
i Have a tin of Roses and a tin of Quality Street and I also wondered if I could sneekily take a bit of tape off and nab few without anyone noticing.

We have been eating mince pies for weeks now and that will continue for as long as they are readily available.

We found the only shop to stock them all year round is Asda so I occasionally shop there just so we can have a mince pie

mainecoon lover
20-10-2009, 07:35 PM
PLEASE try one!!! They are the nicest thing ever!!! :yes: Wotsits are cheesy maize snacks that are probably FULL of e numbers :yes: :rotfl:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xhRv7oMz__Y/SUgGqQDDm-I/AAAAAAAAAhc/70jV-ITzIwY/s400/wotsits.gif
http://fiftyfourfoodmiles.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dscn0022.jpg

Yuk they are made from the pulp of potatoes

Ursula
20-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Ooh I love Wotsits I think they are tons nicer than chhetos. And erm I see there's a party going on that we weren't invited to...........