View Full Version : Hi everybody

20-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi, I'm Alan from the uk.
Coming to Orlando in Feb for a well earned break with my partner.
We're staying in Kissimmee in a rented villa for 2 weeks.
We want to spend some time at the parks but are going to take some relaxation as well.
Any ideas what the best ticket option would be?
Also it's our aniversary on 15th of Feb so if any locals can suggest a romantic restaurant in Kissimme that I can book for valentine's it would be extremely helpful.

20-10-2009, 01:25 PM
:wave: Hi Alan nd welcome to Secrets.

Which community is your villa on? Hope you have a lovely romantic time.

We've been married alsmost 22 years so romance is thin on the ground around here :lol: and with 3 boys on holiday with us we tend not to do romantic restaurants

I'm sure someone will be along shortly who will be able to help you out on the restaurant front.

Enjoy the forum

20-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi Sandra,

We're on Bass Lakes Estate, I know the guy who runs the rental company so got a good deal!
Looks like a nice spot so looking forward to getting away from work...

20-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey Al. Welcome to Disney Secrets! You should find a lot of info here. Ifyou don't get much of a response on your questions maybe repost them again in the tickets & dining catagories.

Are you wanting a romantic dinner at WDW? Or off grounds? I'm not too familiar with anything around the parks as we rarely drift out but there are a lot of choices inside of WDW at the resorts & at Epcot in particular.

As far as tickets I'm not sure if there are websites you can get them cheaper than just buying them through WDW but keep in mind the more days you buy the cheaper it is. By the time you get up to a 6 or 7 day ticket you can add on more days for just a few dollars per day. It almost makes it too tempting to buy lots of days.

Have you all been to WDW before?

20-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Alan! :wave: Welcome to Secrets. Can't help with the romantic venue I'm afraid. We've only ever gone with the children!

21-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Hmmmm...romantic restaurant. Well, lets start with what sort of food do you both like?

I can give better suggestions then, eh? Oh and on or off WDW property? In a park, or in a resort? :unsure:

HEY!!! Welcome to Disney Secrets!!! It's great that you joined us! :yes:

21-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi guys and thanks for the replies.

Was thinking that it'd be a bit more romantic away from Mickey and co so off park would be best for me.

It's my first visit but my lady has been before (she stayed on resort) so was trying to find something that she wouldn't have seen...

I'm a bit of a softy really and there may (big may!) be a proposal on the cards so would like to make this a special occasion.

Had a look for tickets online and think I know what to do with that now so just the dining to sort now!!

Thanks again,

21-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh there are some very non Mickey themed restaurants at the resorts. Very upscale which would make me think more adult guests, less children being drug along. I've personally never dined at any, lol, so I'm not sure if I'm accurate on that or not. If it's been awhile since your friend has been to WDW there is going to be a lot of new stuff she hasn't seen or experienced. Tink will probably be able to help you with off property options better than anyone.

22-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Will need to explore and find out I think.
Will wait for Tinks ideas as well though....
Looking forward to it even if it is a few months away..

22-10-2009, 07:12 AM

Welcome to our happy home sounds like you'll fit right in here, we are a friendly bunch

22-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome....
Have to say your right, a very friendly and helpful bunch!:yes:

24-10-2009, 10:40 PM
:wave: Hi Welcome to Secrets!! :wave:

27-10-2009, 08:09 AM

30-10-2009, 11:36 AM

10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi and welcome to :secrets3: