PDA

View Full Version : pal mickey

daveann
20-10-2009, 12:53 PM
i know you cant get them from disney anymore but does anyone have a pal mickey? have you used him in the parks what did you think?
i have been watching them on ebay to buy one but they go for megga money at the moment........... i would love to try one out round the parks wish disney hired them out :(

piglet
20-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I've still got a Pal Mickey (or at least my DGD has). We played with him loads on holiday and he has a few quizzes that we enjoyed. He's great to take in the parks

daveann
20-10-2009, 03:20 PM
are they ok for adults?

Isafari
20-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I wanted him too but, they were all gone when we last went to WDW :thumbsdown:
Should have bought him when I had the chance the previous visit :doh2:

josh.p.
20-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm kicking myself that i never bought the 50th celebration one- they go for mega bucks compared to purchase price :yes: There is one on a popular auction site for $71 dollars and its still got 6hrs left!!! :thud:

BigThunder
20-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm kicking myself I didn't buy some at the Disney Outlet store (Character Corner) when I had the chance. I swear, I think they were $20 or $25 bucks. My kids were so disappointed in the Pal Mickey the one time we rented one that they didn't even want to buy one at that price. Even chipping in on the price together! We were not impressed with it but I'm not sure that most people feel that way. Boy, I really wish I had a few to auction off right now though, lol.

Johnie
20-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Really? People are paying big money for them?

I have two of them that I could sell.

We bought them when they were at the outlet WAY cheap. It's a cute toy but it is hard to hear him in the parks. Then I was always afraid of getting him wet.

daveann
20-10-2009, 06:57 PM
oh johnie i am watching one that finishes in 1 hour thats about $75

Britchick
20-10-2009, 08:44 PM
i have one of the original ones. Was thinking of ebaying him but haven't done just yet.

Tink
20-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I think I'm the only person who didn't care for Pal Mickey. :sorry: We had one free as a DVC member (for the day) and it was more trouble than it was worth. The one we had was out of synch or something and gave us the announcements after the fact. It told us that the parade (at MK; three o' clock) was about to start once we were back in the room, and it was past three! :lol:

Couldn't hear it in the park, and you can't get it wet, so that was a pain... had to keep tucking it into a plastic bag (had it during the summer with the frequent rains).

Didn't really see what the point was other than possibly having a child who would be amused by it, but most children seemed to end up giving it to their parents to carry.

Sure, if I'd have bought one, I'd be giving it to someone who wanted it by now. :shrug:

Skywatcher
21-10-2009, 06:55 AM
we have 2 of the 50th ones :unsure:

they still work in the parks but nowhere like as well as they did - they used to tell you about parades, fireworks and queue lines but now theyonly work in locations - they were great around the animals in AK

I presume at some point they will turn off the radio signal :sigh: a great shame as they are a superb gimmick for the kids