PDA

View Full Version : Dining question help please

Tinkfan
20-10-2009, 05:13 PM
:wave: Although we've been to Disney a million times, we've never eaten in the 2- credit places with the exception of dinner shows and the castle. We'll be bringing my brother Kevin in April and would love to take him to a really nice place, Ty is certainly old enough at ( gasp, I just realized he will be almost 13 when we're there!! 3 weeks away!!) Any suggestions would be great, please say why you prefer it over other places! Thanks guys.

Johnie
20-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Ihaven't been to many of the 2ts credit places. But I have been to a couple.

California Grill- everything was lovely and the view is amazing. There is also a special deck where you can go out and watch Wishes.

Jiko- quite frankly, I didn't think the entrees were much to rave about. I'd pay OOP and get appetizers and dessert here.

Yachtsman Steakhouse- we went for the first time this past trip. It was lovely and the steak was very good. We also had a phenomenal server!!

Flying Fish- Also went for the first time this past trip. It was very good. The inside of this place looks like the white room in IASW. I am not sure why no one else has mentioned that??? lol Our server wanted to strangle me after I mentioned it.

uscwest
20-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I would echo almost everything that Johnie said. However, my DW and I LOVE JIKO. The different entrees with their African touch are wonderful. Then entrees also change from time to time. A couple of other places I would recommend are:

Bistro de Paris (upstairs over Chefs de France at EPCOT) - great ambiance, generally fewer small children and great food on an ever changing menu

Citrico's - In the Grand Floridian. Menu is seasonal and doesn't necessarily meet our tastes all the time but we have never had a meal that we did not consider outstanding here.

And the Pièce de résistance
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPi%25C3 %25A8ce_de_r%25C3%25A9sistance&ei=Xw_eSrO2A4vP8Qahh5hd&usg=AFQjCNEC8dC5WfC0aMDj1kBgNRs2dYpWGA&sig2=tf5d4rM07rWDr0T3sVRS4Q)

Victoria & Alberts - in the Grand Floridian. AAA 5 Diamond Dining at its finest.

Tinkfan
20-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't think V&A is on DDP . Is it? They all sound good, what to pick, what to pick....

keith
20-10-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't think V&A is on DDP . Is it? They all sound good, what to pick, what to pick....

Not on the DDP although you CAN use the tables in wonderland card.

My words won't do v&a justice so I won't try.

Tink
21-10-2009, 12:06 AM
I have to disagree with California Grill. We were there recently and the food was pretty bad. Not just so-so, bad. :( I'd not go.

We love Jiko, and Artist Point at WL. :yes: We also like Cape May Buffet and the Buffet in Germany (although we don't necessarily care for eating at the same table with strangers).

Bistro is very nice, and Chefs is good too. We also like Marrakesh in Morocco.

It's easier to say what we don't like! LOL. We don't care for China (the full service) and don't care for the full service in Mexico.

YSH is a wonderful place to eat. We avoid Narcoosee's after very poor food and terrible service. :(

Oh, and we've not been to Italy since the new restaurant went in.

BlueZoo is nice, but it's pricey for what it is. Beaches and Cream is loads of fun, and doesn't take ADRs.

Let's see... Raglan Road has its good days and bad days. Never get the fish and chips there. If you want fish and chips get it at Cooke's of Dublin's take away. It's almost always cooked to order.

Johnie
21-10-2009, 02:10 AM
That's not good to hear about California Grill. I haven't been in a couple of years.

Tink
21-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Inedible, Johnie. LOUD to the point of being ridiculous. Screaming kids running all over... NOT a pleasant experience at all. :(

uscwest
21-10-2009, 05:08 PM
We just ate at CG and the food was great, as was our server. I will admit that the noise level was high however.

Tinkfan
21-10-2009, 05:25 PM
We've avoided the 2 credit places while Ty was young with the exception of the castle and the dinner shows. It wasn't because of behavior issues, he has always been a joy to take places, very well mannered if I do say so. More of consideration for others who are dining without children(hoping for a date night!) The years somehow got away with us and Tyler had certain favorite places to eat and here we are, he's almost 13!! :sorry: Kevin has mobility issues now and will almost certainly have a scooter or a wheelchair when we go. So if that makes any difference...