PDA

View Full Version : Question about candle and flying

mainecoon lover
22-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I have bought Beth a musical sparkling birthday candle to take with us. It has a sparkler in the middle. Its very small. My question is can i pack it in my hold luggage or is this a no no.

uscwest
22-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I would think that as long as it has never been lit, and can't possibly light itself that you should be able to do this. However I think I would actually check the regulations if I were you.

mainecoon lover
22-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I would think that as long as it has never been lit, and can't possibly light itself that you should be able to do this. However I think I would actually check the regulations if I were you.

Thanks, will look into it :thumbsup:

Ursula
22-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I can see the headlines now!

mainecoon lover
22-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I can see the headlines now!

Me to, have just emailed VA

Mari
22-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I would put it in my luggage.... why risk it???

mainecoon lover
23-10-2009, 07:08 AM
I would put it in my luggage.... why risk it???

Did you mean not put in luggage.

I know i can buy candles out there but this i a very special candle Beth will love and when you can not buy much for your child something like this means a lot, silly i know.

It a flower in bud and when lit the flower opens to a small sparkler and six candles all lit by the tapper you lite and it plays happy birthday.

mainecoon lover
26-10-2009, 07:58 AM
I sent VA e mail with details on candle and they have said as long as its in original package then we can take in or checked luggage

arkvilla
26-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Oh Good - glad t worked out nice and easy

Sandra

Kate
26-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I was told i couldnt take things like that when i enquired a few years ago, wanted some sparler type ones for our wedding table.
Glad things have changed and you can take one for Beth though!

mainecoon lover
26-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I was told i couldnt take things like that when i enquired a few years ago, wanted some sparler type ones for our wedding table.
Glad things have changed and you can take one for Beth though!

thanks

i have printed the email in case i get questioned about it ;)