PDA

View Full Version : Horrible week for my daughter

BigThunder
23-10-2009, 03:02 AM
This has been such a bad week for my 11 year old, Paige. Started out Saturday evening she got sick with fever & feeling exhausted. This went on & she had to miss school Monday & Tuesday which because she missed her orchestra class she now can't be in the halloween performance. She went back to school on Wed. but came home feeling bad & later that evening she let me know she started her period. UGH! She's only 11!!!! And I don't think she's mature enough to deal with it, heck, I can't get her to brush her hair yet. So I had to send her off to school today with little experience on how to deal with her period & all the trappings but she seemed to be ok when I picked her up. Then tonight, before she goes to bed, she finds her pet lizard that she's had for two years dead in his tank. She just bawled. Poor kid, I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better but all I could do was hold her while she cried :comfort:

Shellyamc
23-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Awwww! Poor little thing!

What a crazy week she is having :( Maybe some special Mom and Me time is in order for her? That might make her feel a bit better..

Disneybumble
23-10-2009, 06:54 AM
That is a terrible week. Poor thing. As Shelly said maybe some time with her together might make her feel better.

Ursula
23-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh no that is a very bad week to have :) XXXXXXXXXXXX Her childhood has literally been knocked into next week :( Hugs XXXXXXXXX

arkvilla
23-10-2009, 11:00 AM
:hug2: Hugs for Paige. Oh No - what a horrible week - it's nearly the weekend, try to do something nice with her.

Sandra

Claire
23-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Please pass on a ton of :hug2: for you daughter from a stranger in the UK and tell her there's more if she needs them!

Tinkfan
23-10-2009, 01:00 PM
:wave: Yuck, I know what you mean :hug2: :yes: Some weeks are just horrible aren't they? But Mom, she'll be alright, she has you :yes: Poor Paige, it seems like thecold and flu season is really early this year, my Tyler has been home all week with pneumonia again ( Ty is 12) Time for a special day for you and Paige!!

Tink
23-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Wow. That's one nasty week for an eleven year old. :sigh:

I do think that if you can manage it at all, it would be a great idea to spend some time with just her. Maybe a movie, and lunch or something like that? A time where you can just be together, and then a time where you can talk privately.

Ugh. Poor kid. Loads of hugs to her.

daveann
23-10-2009, 03:29 PM
:hug2:

BigThunder
23-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone. sorry I had to vent last night I was just so frustrated by everything. Courtney, my older daughter, has a Cross Country party after school today & then is supposed to go to a friends to spend the night so that would leave just Paige & I to do something fun. I may give her the choice of a fun day with me or to have a friend spend the night. She hasn't got to do that in a long time. Have a feeling she'll chose the friend ;) But that's ok, I just don't want her dwelling on it. Her room has been brightly lit night & day by the lizards cage (the heat light) & it really bothered her last night that the light was gone, I guess just made her think about it more :(

Mari
23-10-2009, 04:09 PM
:hug2: poor Paige... it WAS a terrible week...

You guys should definetly do something special!

is she ready for a new pet? maybe you could go together and choose one

mainecoon lover
23-10-2009, 05:12 PM
So sorry to hear she has had a horrible week and she is so young, poor mite :hug2:.
When Beth started her's last year and we tried to explain she got tearful, we explained to her that all us ladies get it and men don't as they would not handle it, this made her giggle. She seemed to accept it and chuffed that she was like the rest of us. I know she is a lot older than your dd but due to her special needs she is like a 8 year old in her ways. We really did not have to go into it with her as she is in pads but we felt she had the right to know.

BigThunder
24-10-2009, 04:16 PM
So sorry to hear she has had a horrible week and she is so young, poor mite :hug2:.
When Beth started her's last year and we tried to explain she got tearful, we explained to her that all us ladies get it and men don't as they would not handle it, this made her giggle. She seemed to accept it and chuffed that she was like the rest of us. I know she is a lot older than your dd but due to her special needs she is like a 8 year old in her ways. We really did not have to go into it with her as she is in pads but we felt she had the right to know.

Oh I bet that was hard on her :( Yes, you were right to explain it to her.

As far as a new pet, I pulled my husband aside the night it happened & told him to NOT promise her another lizard. As sad as I am for her, in some ways from moms point of view, this may work out. I know that sounds cruel but Scales was just an odd pet. I mean, I know some people really get into their lizards but I honestly cannot see how. Plus, as he got larger, Paige was actually intimidated by him tho she would never admit it. So he was in his cage most all the time & she had a pet that she really couldnt' interact with.
It may be time to break down & get a puppy since it's been over 2 years now since we lost ours in the house fire.
She chose a friend spending the night over a dayhanging with mom, lol. I wasn't insulted, she's at that age that she's very social & it was fine with me. She's had a good evening :)