View Full Version : Friday

Skywatcher
23-10-2009, 07:31 AM
:mental:

where do the weeks go

No special plans for the weekend, dull cold and rainy here :sigh:

lozzy
23-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Thank god it is, and a big bonus is it's followed by half term.
Youngest will spend most of sunday in day as he still hasn't caught up with his sleep, I'll be cleaning and cooking, eldest son will be playiing little big planet on the PS3 and doing homework no dealt.

arkvilla
23-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Lovely morning here is sunny Romford :yes:

Tesco shopping for me this morning and popping into Romford later. No plans for the weekend, apart from Ryan has a footie match on Sunday so I'll be on the sideline for that.

Half term next week so stocking cupboard for the 3 boys (" Mum, what can I eat"??) this will be said to me hundreds of times next week - it drives me mad as it's always said as they are peering into the cupboard which I is our biscuits/cakes etc cupboard - never the fruit bowl!!!

Sandra

kazzaqld
23-10-2009, 08:33 AM
My boys have anime club on Sunday - I'm probably going to be going to DMILs to help her with her new computer. And then some exciting grocery shopping! :unsure:

daveann
23-10-2009, 09:53 AM
im off up north to see my kids :) will take us 7 1/2 hours to drive there just to spend a day with the kids :) there 18 and 21 but still feel like my babies :)

Skywatcher
23-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Little Big Planet rocks :D we love that gave in our house - or actually get so frustrated with it we want to smash the telly but its just such an amazing game :D

uscwest
23-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Our organization has a fall picnic planned this afternoon. Supposed to rain later and then most of day tomorrow. Tomorrow night USC had a big game vs. Oregon.

Claire
23-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Well I've got a spot on my chin so big it's visible from the moon and I'm off to a Jamie Oliver at Home party tonight. Anyone want an over-priced spatula?

Tinkfan
23-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Not much here, Ty has pneumonia again and has been home all week. Our usual array of sports will depend on how is lungs are doing!:thumbsdown: Off to Moms on Sunday and lots of homework to catch up on!! BORING :yes:

MarkE
23-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm going to Devon! See you all Tuesday!!

Tink
23-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Well. I've been to PT this morning. I was told by the receptionist that I had an outstanding bill for over $1000.00. I called my insurance company and it seems that someone made an error. The provider is not in the network and yes, I do owe that money.

No. We don't need health care reform here in the US. Not one bit. So now, I have to pay for something, that I have insurance to cover, because the insurance company told both the provider and I that the provider was in network, when the provider is not.

Oh, and add to that? I can't continue with them of course, as I don't have that kind of money to pay those sorts of charges.

I really am so disgusted I just can't think. I'm sitting here angrier than heck, with nothing to do about it.

Ugh. :hopmad:

uscwest
23-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Our organization has a fall picnic planned this afternoon. Supposed to rain later and then most of day tomorrow. Tomorrow night USC had a big game vs. Oregon.
Whoops just caught my mistake here. Make that Oregon State. Oregon is next week.

djdigitald
23-10-2009, 02:54 PM
We will be decorating all weekend! Oh Goody!

Tink
23-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Decorating for Halloween? :unsure:

Dawn
23-10-2009, 03:56 PM
INSET day at school yesterday and today. Very tired now - no it's not just all the staff sitting around drinking coffee - and also starting to feel a bit unwell.

BUT - confirmed our final details for next August with the travel agent today. So Operation Walmart is now in full planning mode. :coaster:

Busy half term but mostly mundane stuff like cleaning the house.

Oh and a bit of Christmas shopping.

:gifts:

Tink
23-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Not feeling well? Uh oh. Let's hope it's just a touch of overwork. :hug2:

Nice to have the plans coming together so well, isn't it! :yes:

Hope your weekend is nice. :hug2:

Mari
23-10-2009, 04:37 PM
sorry to hear about that Tink..... :(

Ive got a nice one to... our IRS .... aggh.. they owe me over 1500usd froma tax return, they sent me a check for about 150 and told me to deal with it.... AGHHHHHHHHHHH.. Im suing,I dont think Ill win, but Im suing, Im just so mad....

As for this weekend.. its cold and rainy, and since Tatiana has had a cold I think we will stay home... and do our best carving a pumpkin... FOR THE FIRST TIME!.... I just want to do something fun for her, since its been a very sad, stressful week...

Tink
23-10-2009, 04:40 PM
That's terrible! :( It's really a good way to ruin a weekend isn't it? Herself and I are booked to go to Kadani village this weekend (today actually, soon as she gets home from work) and I am so worried about money now, I'm afraid it will spoil the entire weekend. :(

We have two pumpkins sitting here... uncarved. Now that Seth and his Da are coming for Halloween :tralala: we'll probably save them for when he gets here. :yes:

Take photos if you can, ok? I'd LOVE to see Tatiana with her first Pumpkin. :yes:

You can keep the seeds and dry them with salt. Yummy.

ukwdwnut
23-10-2009, 04:43 PM
been rubbing down the newly replastered ceilings, they were terrible...choke...choke...painting tomoz

Tink
23-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Are you supposed to be doing that, Mick? :eek:

ukwdwnut
23-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Are you supposed to be doing that, Mick? :eek:

no...someone has to do it or nothing gets done :(

Tink
23-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, ok BUT. With your lungs, and breathing issues?! :eek: Sanding down wallboard/spackling? Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Don't you have a good strong boy, Mick?

Mari
23-10-2009, 04:53 PM
wow.. I wouldnt do it.. EVER... I would just end up covered in plaster...

ukwdwnut
23-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, ok BUT. With your lungs, and breathing issues?! :eek: Sanding down wallboard/spackling? Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Don't you have a good strong boy, Mick?

yeah i know tink, denise did some, but this was the ceiling not walls :)

yeah hes living away at university now tink, he having such a good time hes not come back since we took him :lol:

Britchick
23-10-2009, 05:17 PM
ugh Tink, we take our health care for granted :hug2:

not up to much, i'm on call so can't go far, sending Jon up in the loft to get the halloween decs down and i may take a trip out to get a few bits.

Deb
23-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Tink :hug2: Mari :hug2: Tax money things...not good :( And very frustrating.

Dawn, hope you feel better soon mate.

Mick!!! :nono:

Just managing to catch the Friday thread before it's Saturday....I have found it really hard to get any internet time this week. Was unexpectedly working the last couple of days, and I tried to get in with my Blackberry but kept being interrupted by clients...how inconsiderate of them :D And Sorrel dog has been sick for two days, and then Basil puppy got stung on the end of his nose by a bee yesterday....after having his face swell up like a very large balloon he had to be rushed to the vets as it was starting affect his airway. Fortunately he is his normal annoying self today. I have chilled out with some very good wine and now have a weekend of nothing much except trying to finish the unpacking and washing from the hols, thank goodness.

Hopefully I can be in here a lot more next week...I miss you. Sorry to anyone I owe a PM too...have a hug instead please :hug2:

Disneybumble
23-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Tink:hug2: is there no way you could complain, this is not your fault:hug2: Mari,good luck:hug2:

We are off to London tomorrow to see the Lion King.:wiggle: I am so excited. All 5 of us are going. We will eat out in Covent Garden in the evening.
Sunday is tidy up the garden. We have a grape vine(sounds grand) it isn't. But the grapes are due to drop and l don't want them walked through the house.

Tink
23-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Herself has suggested some language for an appeal, so I'll give it a try Siobhan. It won't work, but I'll try. :sigh:

My Da used to have a grape arbor and yes indeedy they can make a mess! We used to make jelly with some, and he'd make a bit of wine. I once made grape juice from some, too. I think they are all dead now, the vines. :sigh:

Britchick
23-10-2009, 07:02 PM
ahhhhhh the disneybumble home brew! i made my own elderberry wine once, gave everyone a migraine LOL

Dizneyblonde
23-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Raining hard and cold here in Cornwall but we started half term today.
Been to my second funeral today in 6 weeks.
Robyn is in hospital Wednesday having two big ingrown toenails removed but hopefully we will get to see Up and visit some friends this week too.
Mum and Dad are back from holiday Monday and I can't wait to see them.
Still not feeling great either so it's a much needed week off!

josh.p.
23-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Oooh!! 2 ingrown toenails :( Ouchy! I suffer with these a lot and I've got one on my right foot now- After the last procedure having the left one of it can stay there. I'm not going through that procedure again- they'd have to knock me out first!

Tinkfan
23-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Well. I've been to PT this morning. I was told by the receptionist that I had an outstanding bill for over $1000.00. I called my insurance company and it seems that someone made an error. The provider is not in the network and yes, I do owe that money.

No. We don't need health care reform here in the US. Not one bit. So now, I have to pay for something, that I have insurance to cover, because the insurance company told both the provider and I that the provider was in network, when the provider is not.

Oh, and add to that? I can't continue with them of course, as I don't have that kind of money to pay those sorts of charges.

I really am so disgusted I just can't think. I'm sitting here angrier than heck, with nothing to do about it.

Ugh. :hopmad:

:ouch: Couldn't you just? It really fries me when things like that happen. Didn't they run your insurance card before you started treatment? The fault is theirs for not having checked.:Rules:

Johnie
24-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Tink,
I'd certainly fight those charges with your insurance company. You called to verify coverage and the insurance company made the mistake? Hopefully they documented that and you can win. I used to work for an insurance company so PM if you'd like any help.

TOday was my flex Friday so I didn't have to work. I had a lovely sleep in. I then went and had a wonderful Russian massage. I did some shopping and then met the fam for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I am STILL full!

I've been working on my papers since I got home and have to really make a dent in it this weekend. If I am a good girl and get a lot done, then I am going to the Celtic festival and see the men in kilts :yes:

Tink
24-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I called and the doc/pt (one the same) called! I just may take you up on that Johnie, thanks!

Johnie
24-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I'll be glad to help Tink. There is no need to have to pay the charges when you were given the wrong information :thumbsdown:

josh.p.
24-10-2009, 10:04 PM
If they told you that over the phone then they will have recorded it- demand that they check their call logs (They will be able to search through for a specific person, or if not time and date) and if they say no, call back and ask to speak to a manager as often they don't know that they can do it.

I've worked in a call centre (not for insurance) but I know exactly what its like in those sorts of places.... messages about Company policies etc get passed around whilst some people are off, or some people just don't read the memo's and you get half the people giving off some information and the other half giving out the opposite information!

Johnie
25-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Unfortunately not all calls are logged at all companies.

Tink
26-10-2009, 02:58 AM
This one says that the call may be recorded. :sigh: When you call the prescription center it tells you that the call will be recorded. Differences that will make it tricky.

I know what they are going to say-it's my sole responsibility to know my benefits. :sigh: