PDA

View Full Version : BNP

Ursula
23-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Google.... Guardians BNP list and on wikileaks ALL the names and addresses and even their phone numbers are there.... ho hum.... Anyone live near you? I find it disturbing that some are GP's, solicitors and nurses :(

Skywatcher
23-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Whilst I think it was right that he was on Question Time last night as we live in a democracy and have a little freedom of speech left, i was a little disappointed with the potestors to be honest, can't help that feel some of the mob mentality has played into the BNP's hands, therefore having the opposite effect

They should have just simply let him hang himself with his own pig ignorance, and I think he did that quite nicely by all accounts.

keith
23-10-2009, 09:17 AM
They should have just simply let him hang himself with his own pig ignorance, and I think he did that quite nicely by all accounts.

totally agree :yes:

Ursula
23-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I couldn't watch it, my DD has a black Nigerian boyfriend who is doing a degree in Barbados, and he is the most sweetest loving person walking this earth and I thank god every day that he and she found each other. I hope they can eventually be together as they wish.

arkvilla
23-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, Jai is Indian ( born in Africa) therefore my boys mixed race, this frightens me so so so so much.

Every time Arun is out with his friends late at night I worry. I know all parents worry but I just think he is such a nice lad and has no street savvy, if someone took a disliking to him beacuse of his colour he wouldn't stand a chance.

When Ryan is at the park with his friends I worry - I know not everyone is bad but there's always a minority that are. Ryan was called Paki a few times at Junior school - broke my heart. He is 15 now and handles things much better but it makes me so sad.

Enough of the ramblings of a scaredy cat mum ...

Sandra

Mags
23-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Im just having a look through the list now. I live in a fairly wealthy area (Im the pauper here though :lol:) and I cant believe some of the names I am seeing here -a major, a member of the aristocracy and I have only got as far as the letter 'B'. :nono:

Margaret

josh.p.
23-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I can't find it :(

daveann
23-10-2009, 12:32 PM
sandra we all worry about our kids especially when they hit the age of late nights but i ubderstand you worry more :) my oldest was beaten up in a nightclub 2 years ago he had never set eyes on the guy before in his life it was mistaken identity the guy got 125 fine (it cost 194 for the 1st of several visits to the dentist for the damage he caused and he was away from work for 6 weeks) i was a nervous wreck each time he set foot out the door after that but it was begining to effect him so i had to hide it.
i do worry for you though this guy should not be given tv airtime :(

keith
23-10-2009, 12:38 PM
i do worry for you though this guy should not be given tv airtime :(

Well I think the best way to prevent decent people joining the BNP is to let them see that muppet on tv. I'd never heard him speak before and though I wasn't expecting much from him, he managed to limbo under the bar of my lowest expectations with surprising ease!

I've had discussions with people who aren't racist but simply feel that there is too much immigration without the resources to cope. That kind of person is prone to join the BNP almost by mistake without realising what a thoroughly vile organisation it is.

I think showing people how completely bananas the leader of the party is will thankfully stop people joining up.

daveann
23-10-2009, 12:44 PM
keith you are so right there............ i must admit i watched last night and was disgusted at his smuggness even when it was pointed out he was grinnning and laughing at people

lozzy
23-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I can't find it :(
No I can't find it as well.

Claire
23-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I see one member runs a Christian sing group!

daveann
23-10-2009, 12:54 PM
i found it here scroll to the bottom BNP membership list exposed - witch-hunt starts to find leaker (http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/nov2008/members-list-exposed.html)

josh.p.
23-10-2009, 01:36 PM
A man that is a regular in my sister's pub is apparently a donating activist. :(

Tink
23-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I heard some about this on NPR this morning. I have to admit I was stunned that there was such a sort in your politicians. Not that I put you all on a pedestal or anything. :wink: :grouphug:

The report I listened to said he wanted all immigrants sent "back" and that he has denied the holocaust. Is that true?

Also, they interviewed a couple of people who were in support of him as they felt that as "white British" they were fourth class citizens.

Intolerance is frightening. Arkvilla, I too would be very worried about my family. :hug2: I hope they are always safe. :pdust:

I wonder sometimes if a certain global "racism" (for lack of a better word) or intolerance is brewing. I hear more and more about how "the others" need to be impinged upon in some way or another; sent back, refused entry, disenfranchised in some way. It's not always race driven as I know personally, but sometimes I feel that there is a growing intolerance instead of a growing understanding that all peoples are equal under the sun.

keith
23-10-2009, 03:48 PM
That's got me thinking Tink.

Yes I think a global "intolerance" is an interesting way of putting it. I don't think it's more racial than before, if anything I think specific racist, sexist etc. biases are thankfully declining but there is a) a lack of caring about other people and b) a corresponding increase in intolerance for other people

Tink
23-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes. Unfortunately, that is what I mean. I seem to "feel" or see more (read more, hear more...) frequent displays of intolerance than I ever have. I don't know if it's just because of the atmosphere in this country... :unsure:

I have to say, as naive as it may sound, I was truly shocked to hear about this situation in the UK.

Britchick
23-10-2009, 05:00 PM
i think the BBC were right to put him on there because after all this is a democracy and he is not breaking any laws by speaking freely. However i am very disapointed with the BBC and feel they used this as a publicity stunt. The way that he was treated was bad, and i feel bullying behaviour. I know that the BNP is bad and i want no part in them but we need to act in a way that separates us from that kind of behaviour otherwise we are no better. Mob mentality hits the nail on the head.

I am writing to the BBC about this subject.

josh.p.
23-10-2009, 05:09 PM
What annoys me the most about this whole thing is that much of it stems from the 9/11 and other attacks from extremist minorities. It's almost everyday we hear of white British/American/European men and woman committing all sorts of offenses- killing people, robbing, bombing etc- we do not become suspicious of all Irish men because one of them killed a man.

It saddens me that people can be this narrow minded. Especially that many of them are GP's and other people in highly respected positions in our society.

This morning I was ashamed to be British simply because their name is the 'British National Party.' Makes me sick.

Tink
23-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I understand the feeling of shame, Josh. I have never been so ashamed to be American as I was the day after President Obama was elected. I was in SC and it was truly horrifying (the reaction of the people, including local news and radio).

Stereotyping has limited value. As categorization, it's valid. A book is something with pages and words. A man is other than woman. That sort of thing. When we move it into predictive behavior, that's where we go very wrong, every time. :(

Dawn
23-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Just having a quick look through the list.

Email addresses too. :evil:

One just round the corner from me.:sigh:

Disneybumble
23-10-2009, 06:44 PM
I like this site far to much to be banned. But the BNP should not be given any airtime at all. Thankfully the ignorant """ showed his how stupid he truly was. Not saying l am a massive Jack Straw fan but his intelligence soon showed up that """" for the racist ignoramus he is.

Sandra:hug2:. This sort of thing happened to my DS friend a few weeks ago. His friend is mixed race and was walking home with my son at about 9pm. A car of skinheads drew up alongside them and shouted abuse. At my son's friend and my son who they said should not be with him. They were so scared and imtimidated that they didn't think to get the car plate.

Nobody of any colour,race or religion should ever be made to feel inferior by such idiots.