PDA

View Full Version : Bookings

Tiggers Golf
23-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any sucess with bookings
Barbara

malcolm
23-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi...I have had two members book mine so far. I was on the other forum(shhhh) for over a year before got my first booking.

keith
23-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I think, if it's ok to say, you need to get your name out there a bit more Barbara. If you post replies, especially in popular threads, you'll get your signature seen a lot more.

I think at the moment bookings come more from people "seeing" a villa owner posting around the place and thus feeling like they're part of the family than searching an offer out in the villa area.

Over time and with the "find a villa" area coming for the main website, I think/hope/intend that there'll be more enquiries emerging from that side of things.

Even then though, I'm betting that the most solid leads will come from people seeing you around and feeling more comfortable contacting you than going to a villa company.

If you feel there's anything more we could be doing to help, let me know! I'm truly up for hearing your ideas :yes:

arkvilla
23-10-2009, 06:08 PM
None for me only 1 from the other one but I like this one better - it's smaller and feels more homely ( hope everyone doesn't mind being homely :-))

Sandra

keith
23-10-2009, 06:11 PM
homely's good :hug2:

Tink
23-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Homely is what it's all about. :yes:

That's my feeling though too. If I were to want a villa, I would definitely come here and ask after one of the villa owners who I felt I knew. :yes: It would be a tough call here as we have such warm villa owners! :D Plus, I live here so... :sigh:

But hey! I could always need to book one for visiting friends or masses of relatives, eh? :D

Tiggers Golf
23-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Homely is what it's all about. :yes:

That's my feeling though too. If I were to want a villa, I would definitely come here and ask after one of the villa owners who I felt I knew. :yes: It would be a tough call here as we have such warm villa owners! :D Plus, I live here so... :sigh:

But hey! I could always need to book one for visiting friends or masses of relatives, eh? :D

Must try harder lol:wavehands::wavehands:

ukwdwnut
26-01-2010, 03:54 PM
in the current climate are your prices competetive enough to lure people in?

i would definitely get out in the forums and be more active by joining in the banter and get your siggy seen a lot more as keith has already said :)

arkvilla
19-02-2010, 08:50 PM
To be fair to Barbara, I am on here all the time and I've had 1 enquiry for 2012 and the guests had a look around our villa in December as they had already booked Lake Buena Vista ( they said they wish they'd seen our villa first and absolutely loved it)

This is the only enquiry I have ever received from Secrets and I post all the time so I don't have lack of exposure. I think most regular Secrets people have DVC or prefer staying onsite.

My prices are competitive. I won't give our home away, it's a fair price for what you get and it's not just about price, my reviews are all wonderful and make me feel so proud of how we treat guests and how they treat our home.

This forum is great but I don't see me picking up many ( or any) bookings but the people here are so kind and friendly

Sandra