PDA

View Full Version : you know what I love?

Mari
23-10-2009, 04:52 PM
the way Tatiana says butterfly...

bolelai .... just lovely...

arkvilla
23-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Ahhh

When Arun was small he used to say Mawhahhah for Lawnmower ( he's 17 now) I still think of it every time Jai mows the lawn

Sandra

Tink
23-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Awww, you'll always remember it that way. I may even become your family's way of saying the word from here on out. Our family has "Joey speak" still after all these years. :yes: (Joe is my brother).

Shellyamc
23-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Even though Katie is very good at saying things these days, she still has a few things she says in "baby-speak"

She has a pooh blanket my Mom made her and even though she can say it right, he is still poohbakick

eckanose= oatmeal
mammy= my lamb

She can say them right, but they just don't seem to change. Then there are some words that she has moved on from and they just break my heart :sigh:

Tink
23-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Ekanose! I love it. We still sometimes say "gig o mug" in our family for drink of milk. That was how my brother said it. And every now and then when we really want to tease him we remind him to be sure to "pup it down" when he uses the bathroom. :lol: When he was little he used to LOVE to flush the toilet and would run shouting to the bathroom when anyone was in there that he wanted to "PUP IT DOWN!!!" :laugh: G-d, I'm awful for telling that aren't I? :sorry:

My little niece used to say "SANKS!" for thanks, and we still sometimes do. These are all personal family comments, not used in front of anyone else.

My brother couldn't say my name right, and to this day my Da will sometimes call me Ela. :D (I far prefer it over my "real name")! :lol:

Deb
23-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Bolelai...so sweet!!

This whole thread is so cute.

Johnie
24-10-2009, 03:21 AM
awwww that is so sweet

Alysia had a lot of those too and we still use them

Hee highs = high heels

Green bens = green beans

Pellet = elephant

Tink
24-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Hee highs! I love it!

BigThunder
24-10-2009, 04:54 PM
OMG, I love this thread! I actually kept a 'baby journal' for each of my kids..ok, to be honest I still write in it every now & then just to keep record of important things for them so when I give it to them when they have their own babies they can reflect on their childhood & see what I went thru as a new mommy, lol.

But I would always write the cute words so I wouldn't forget. The ones for us that have had staying power that my now 16 year old said & we still to this day say are:

tomcacs = contacts
clotchet = chocolate
and the one I use constantly yet..... pogue = cold :lol:

josh.p.
24-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I still call Brocolli 'trees' like I did when I was little....

I also say 'skissors' (ski-saws) rather than scissors LOL

Only infront of my family as a joke! haha

Tink
26-10-2009, 02:56 AM
Hey! We say skissors too! :lol: Oh and broccoli is bushes. :yes: Seth says chokkit, so we tend to say that from time to time. He says, ta-mon for come on. He can say come on, but still says it the baby way. Cute, and catchy. The funniest one though was his bum bob pare pants. Yep. Sponge Bob Square Pants. We still say it (must say it VERYFAST to get the full effect) to make one another laugh. :D

Disneybumble
26-10-2009, 07:46 AM
So swet Mari, we still use the childrens sayings.
clowns-clouds
michaelwave- microwave
smarshellow- marshmellow
My best one that we use every christmas is "Jonny Quest". When Liam for some reason he thought christmas lights were called Jonny Quests. So every year it's the same . Who has seen some Jonny Quests and put the Jonny Quests on the tree.

BigThunder
26-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Tink, the Sponge Bob one made me remember how my 11 year old when a toddler used to call the show Bob the Builder ...Build the Bobber. I loved that & never would correct her, lol.

Shellyamc
26-10-2009, 03:01 PM
These are all sooo cute!!! I love this thread :yes:

For the first 2 years I have a calendar I hang in the kid's rooms and write down all of their important stuff and after that I keep a journal of all the cute things they do and say.

I forgot Katie's most loved word. Woo cars! Woo cars are police, ambulance, fire trucks..any of those. She can hear them from a mile away and she tells us the Woo cars are Woo-ing!! We all use it now :D

Tink
26-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Woo cars!!!! :laugh: That is so perfect! :yes: :D

Shellyamc
26-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Woo cars!!!! :laugh: That is so perfect! :yes: :D

We think so!

It is so funny how the things they say make so much sense. They just look at the world a little bit different.

daveann
26-10-2009, 03:12 PM
police, ambulance and fire trucks were "nah nah's" my son is called philip and couldnt say it so he was pipsil and hello was always eho which we still use all of them today :)

Mari
26-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Bolelai...so sweet!!

This whole thread is so cute.

it really is!!

Im loving everyone else's cutie words :)

oh!!
and got a new one today from the weekend

pumpkin is : mukin

Tink
28-10-2009, 04:39 AM
Mari, I meant to tell you that one of the little girls (who is now all grown up) in our family used to say flutterbye for butterfly, so now we all still say it!

Mukin. Too cute!!! So? How did your mukin carving go?

dumbo77
28-10-2009, 09:08 AM
when my eldest kiddie was little ,we had to call snezzes bless you's !!! as that what everyone used to say when they sneezed even now my kiddie (who is a teenager now) still says "i bless you'd"

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: