PDA

View Full Version : We are going to WDW!!! Hurray!!!!!!!

Deb
25-10-2009, 08:00 AM
I can't believe it!! I've not even had breakfast yet and we have booked a trip to WDW!!

After saying we wouldn't go in January because of the unpredictable weather, Skywatcher made me think again and I read his trip reports back. We originally wanted to go to Beach Club in February, till I realised it was peak time :thumbsdown: , so very expensive and very busy (which I don't like :rolleyes2: We knew we had a two week window the last 2 weeks of January, and yesterday found 2 weeks at POR with Virgin, leaving on 14th January, for 860 each. After a lot of deliberation overnight we got up this morning and booked it over our morning coffee!!! :happydance: That's what I call an impulse buy!! :D We also booked our Ultimate tickets at the same time as that ensures we also get a $550 gift card for WDW shops and restaurants which helps with the cost :thumbsup:

I am so excited...it will have been nearly 7 years since I was there and I can't wait. I got a bit teary actually, and have been dancing around kitchen shouting that I was going to see Mickey! :tralala: It's odd, because until a few years ago I would have known just about everything about the place...this time I an definitely rusty about it all and it's nice to be able to plan with fresh eyes, I am going to buy a guide book and everything! Mr Debs has only ever been with his kids, and is looking forward to enjoying WDW in a totally different way. We have never been together.

So, on to the planning!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!! :mental::happydance: Oh, and changing my timer!!

Dawn
25-10-2009, 08:31 AM
:tralala: :tralala: :tralala:

I'm getting so excited for everyone and keep forgetting that I'm going too. :mental:

arkvilla
25-10-2009, 08:35 AM
That's so brilliant Debs - and not long to wait. Can feel your excitement :bounce:

Sandra

Kate
25-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Eeeeeeeek, how exciting!!!! Not long to wait either!

Disneybumble
25-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Deb, that is great news. That's what l call shopping.:hug2:

daveann
25-10-2009, 07:30 PM
brilliant we went the end of January once the weather was gorgeous :)

Tinkfan
25-10-2009, 08:00 PM
:bounce::dance::2thumbsup:

Claire
25-10-2009, 09:09 PM
:mental:

Johnie
25-10-2009, 10:24 PM
YAY!! You are going to have a wonderful time!!

Tink
26-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Oh! Isn't that the best news! :yes: It's fun to plan, isn't it? You'll have loads of new things to study and decide upon, Deb. :yes:

Looking forward to seeing your new timer! :yes: :D

Skywatcher
26-10-2009, 07:59 AM
:mental: :D

Awesome mate

January is a lovely time to go - especially when it is cold and grey and miserable in England - you come home and spring is starting to nudge its way in :D

mainecoon lover
26-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Excellent news

BigThunder
26-10-2009, 09:53 AM
YAY! We've been in January the last two years & actually love that time of year. Not having the heat is fine with me yet it's still warm enough for shorts during the day most days. I imagine you are a bit tolerant of a slight nip in the air ;)

I bet there have been a lot of changes since you went last Deb, how exciting it will be for you!! So this is your first trip without kids?

Deb
26-10-2009, 10:17 AM
YAY! We've been in January the last two years & actually love that time of year. Not having the heat is fine with me yet it's still warm enough for shorts during the day most days. I imagine you are a bit tolerant of a slight nip in the air ;)

I bet there have been a lot of changes since you went last Deb, how exciting it will be for you!! So this is your first trip without kids?

I'm glad to hear that shorts during the day in January are still a possibility....yes we are tolerant of a slight nip in the air, though we much prefer not to! One of the things that was putting us off January was that we do like our sunshine so very much, especially as we get so little of it over here, but the way we look at it it has to be better than here! Plus we're at WDW so what the heck! :lol:

I don't have kids so have been a few times as just a couple with my ex, though I have also taken my nieces for 3 weeks so have had the kiddie experience too! It will be OH first time without kids (he has 2 that are all grown up now) and he is really looking forward to all the stuff he has never done before. I keep asking him if he's done this, or seen that, or eaten there, and he just looks at me blankly!

We started looking at the stuff that wasn't there last time either of us went and there is quite a lot, both at WDW and at Universal, which is brilliant!

Tink
26-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Sounds like you have a whole new world to introduce to him! :yes: :D

Isafari
26-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Awe Deb.....fantastic news :hug2:
Wish you had been going a few days earlier as I will be leaving as you get there.
You are going to have a brilliant time :D

Shellyamc
26-10-2009, 02:53 PM
:bounce:
:bounce:

You are going to DISNEY!!!!

BigThunder
26-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Deb, even on the cool days in January there was plenty of sunshine so you will still get that (hopefully)!

Mari
26-10-2009, 06:40 PM
yipee!!

I am sure you will have a fantastic time Deb! :)