PDA

View Full Version : one of my favorite things about autumn...

BigThunder
26-10-2009, 06:20 PM
is driving on a windy day when the leaves are blowing off the trees & all around my car. Isn't that just lovely! It's almost so fantastic I can't drive safely for taking it all in! lol :D

Mari
26-10-2009, 06:28 PM
it is....
and its so relaxing.. especially on a bright sunny day, I just love the color of the sky in the autumn

Britchick
26-10-2009, 06:54 PM
i hate autumn...........it's so long till Spring :sorry:

Johnie
26-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Autmn is my favorite time of year. I love all the colors and the weather is usually just perfect around here.

I hate winter blech. It's rainy, cold and miserable. Plus it's dark when I go to and from work :sorry:

Kate
26-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I love autumn days, as long as they are like theyre supposed to be, cant stand it when they are grey and wet - makes those lovely leaves all slippery and not crunchy!!

BigThunder
26-10-2009, 08:41 PM
I love autumn days, as long as they are like theyre supposed to be, cant stand it when they are grey and wet - makes those lovely leaves all slippery and not crunchy!!

Crunchy leaves are the best! Yesterday the whole family went to Hawks Nest state park & it was gorgeous. I loved walking thru & crunching on all the leaves on the pathways. Plus the smell of autumn, it was thick yesterday. It's also my favorite time of year. This has been a particularly pretty one too since we've had a good amount of rain, the leaves haven't dried up before they could turn colors.

Vixynne
26-10-2009, 08:51 PM
I love the scents of autumn. Why do dried leaves smell so good? I can't resent raking them when they smell nice! (Only the piles of dry ones, though, wet ones just smell like rotted yuckness!) I used to love jumping into big old heaps of 'em when I was a kid...or hiding down inside a leaf pile and waiting for my little sister to wander by so I could jump up and yell "BOO!"

Nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, ginger--the spices we don't use as much until there's a chill in the air, I love the scent of those, too. Maybe because they hint at all the holiday baking soon to come?