PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo bonfire lollies

dumbo77
26-10-2009, 10:44 PM
i am soooooo happy the local shop is selling bonfire lollies , the old fashioned ones in the tinfoil :bouncing: i absolutley loooooove em :yes:

Tink
27-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Well I've never heard of them! Are they tart, or sweet? Or hot? :unsure:

dumbo77
27-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Well I've never heard of them! Are they tart, or sweet? Or hot? :unsure:

they kinda taste like burnt treacle and yes i know that sounds yukky but they are the most delicious thing ever

Tink
27-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Burnt treacle? Ummm... I think I know what that is.

Rather like the sugar that has been hit with an open flame on top of a creme brulee? That's about all I can picture!

dumbo77
28-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Burnt treacle? Ummm... I think I know what that is.

Rather like the sugar that has been hit with an open flame on top of a creme brulee? That's about all I can picture!

yes that very much what they taste like they are delicious, you will have to come over and get some to try (thats if i havent bought them all by then:mental:)

Skywatcher
28-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Dood luck Dumbo I've been trying to get her over for years :lol:

I have never heard of or seen one of these must go huntin' for them

dumbo77
28-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Dood luck Dumbo I've been trying to get her over for years :lol:

I have never heard of or seen one of these must go huntin' for them

they are delicious surely i cant be the only person on here who has had some, your all missing a right treat. i now have around 100 lollies ready for our party on bonfire nite (but im still not sure if im gonna share them):unsure:

Tink
28-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh, I would love to come to England, and it doesn't take lollies to tempt me! :D Money now, that's another matter, eh? :D

I'll have a look for those candies in the British section of the food store... :unsure:

Ursula
28-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Aren't they a Lancashire thing? I don't fink us Southern softies have them.

dumbo77
28-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Aren't they a Lancashire thing? I don't fink us Southern softies have them.

most def a northern sweetie like you so southern softies couldnt handle them :point::taunt: i have just sat n polished 2 off:sorry: they are too delicious

Britchick
28-10-2009, 09:43 PM
i just googled them and found them i think

Jumbo Bonfire Lollies Treacle Toffee, buy oldfashioned sweets online - huge range (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/jumbo-treacle-toffee-lollies-p-1322.html)

what a website!! oh my.............

Tink
28-10-2009, 10:35 PM
There are some seriously weird candies on that website! :eek:

The treacle lollipops, do they taste like rootbeer? :unsure: That's what they look like; rootbeer flavor.

dumbo77
28-10-2009, 11:40 PM
thats the fellas they are delicious (think i may have mentioned that once or twice):sorry: my fav ones are the really old fashioned ones in tin foil , they taste like burnt toffee n treacle and i love them to bits :excited::excited::excited::excited: