View Full Version : 1st time visitors

06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
hello mom dad and 2 kids 7 and 10 visiting disney for 1st time memorial day week 2010. would love recommendations on what to do first where to eat and tips to make everything as easy as possible so the kids don't have meltdowns. we want this trip to be fun not stressful. will be there for 5 days 4 nights.

06-11-2009, 02:23 PM

Superb idea - a relaxedholiday is a happy holiday :D

06-11-2009, 03:38 PM
:wave: Welcome aboard! One of the best tips I was given was to break each day sometime after lunch with a relaxing swim back at your hotel/villa before heading back to the park when the crowds and heat had subsided slightly.

06-11-2009, 11:38 PM

Welcome to Disney Secrets, jen!

Best advice is to plan things the entire family will enjoy. Can everyone go on an attraction? There are height restrictions on some--not to mention individual preferences! And be ready to adjust your plans to accommodate your young ones' needs--they'll be facinated by things that adults completely miss! :)

07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh you are so in the right place! Welcome welcome welcome. You will get lots of tips here from wonderful kind people. XXXX

My tip is this... take your own bottled water because small things like that can add up in a week. Aweeks worth of Disney cost water = A Mickey toy!

07-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome & congrats on planning your first trip! YOu have come to the right place. You should check out the different threads on resorts, dining,attractions, etc. Maybe then you can ask more specific questions as they come to you. Good thing you have a long time to plan & hopefully we can help you out here :)

My first trip, the thing I wish someone had told me or that I had figured out on my own was the actual size of WDW. The place is huge! Even the walk from your resort busstop to your room can be daunting at the end of an exhausting day. Maybe have the entire family start some sort of walking program before you go that way everyone's legs will be in tip top shape :) Especially since your kids are too big/old for strollers or for being carried probably, lol :)

Good luck & have fun planning, it's one of my favorite parts of a trip.

10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi and welcome to :secrets3:

Mr LoveBucket
21-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Hello and welcome to Secrets. :wave:

22-11-2009, 08:35 AM
:hello1: and welcome to Secrets

22-11-2009, 01:28 PM
:wave: Hi Jen and welcome to Secrets.

Have fun planning your first trip