PDA

View Full Version : Christmas alert!!

Dawn
07-11-2009, 12:45 PM
3 boxes of Ritz crackers for 1 at Poundland right now. :mental:

Ursula
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
What! OMIGOD nooooooooooo I LOVE Ritz crackers.

josh.p.
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
:thud: butbutbut.... are they snow-flake shaped? that would seal the deal!

foreverducky
07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Ritz really are the best crackers.

Vixynne
07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Okay, 'splain for the blonde Yank, please?

What's the connection between Ritz crackers and Christmas? http://www.wench.org/forums/images/smilies/oogle.gif
(They are yummy, but I enjoy 'em year round, LOL...) http://www.wench.org/forums/images/smilies/scratchchin.gif

Ursula
07-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Dunno why but us Brits usually just buy them at Christmas time as a treat. We sell them all year round though but we only remember to buy them at Christmas. Don't ask me why lol... Dawn?

mumof2
07-11-2009, 08:05 PM
i'm afraid i started on mine a couple of days ago. There are times when only the Ritz salt kick will hit the spot!

Tinkfan
07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
:point: You're kidding right? We buy them all year as a basic cracker and buy other ones during the holidays!! BTW Josh, I like the snow flake ones too but couldn't find them last year here!!

Tinker
07-11-2009, 09:03 PM
:lol: josh , I like the snowflake ones too . We also have football shaped ones . :unsure: think around the playoffs & Super Bowl .
That is a very good deal .
I like to eat them with cream cheese during a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup .
Do they have the pretzel flips made by the Keebler Elves ... Townhouse crackers . Pretzel on one side and like ritz on the opposite . Oh My Goodness, they are sooo good . I could sit and eat a box . :lol:

lisaw
07-11-2009, 10:14 PM
:mental:

We only buy them for christmas as well :lol: Well we buy them for Christmas and then eat them in January as we never get round to eating them along with all the other stuff we only buy for Christmas like tins of shortbread, twiglets and shushy cream :lol:

Tinkfan
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
You guys have to clarify your food items here for us yanks, what the heck is a shushy cream and a twiglet? :unsure:

uscwest
08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I can't answer about the slushy cream but a twiglet is like a pretzel flavored with marmite. I'm not a fan of marmite but Wendy and Chris turned me on to the twiglets and I like them.

lisaw
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
OK Shushy cream isn't a brand name just what I call it :lol: Its cream in a can that shushes when you dispense it :D

Britchick
08-11-2009, 07:40 PM
tis not cream, tis chemicals lol :tongue:

actually it's got a lot better especially the anchor one

lisaw
08-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Yep the anchor extra thick is yum! :D

Ursula
08-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Ooh the brandy shushy cream... yum... squirted right into the mouth.... not that I've EVER done that cos it would be wrong.....

Tinkfan
08-11-2009, 11:55 PM
:yes::yes: We do it all the time at my house!!! If I catch them there's trouble though! Hmmm marmite pretzels? Sounds like an aquired taste. I like the chocolate covered ones i make!!!

lisaw
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Ooh the brandy shushy cream... yum... squirted right into the mouth.... not that I've EVER done that cos it would be wrong.....

:laugh: See I'm more dignified than that :wink: - I squirt it onto a very large spoon and go from there :D

Claire
09-11-2009, 09:38 AM
If you were really posh back in the day there was nothing better than a plate of Ritz crackers with a perfect swirl of Primula cheese on top. Very la-de-da.

Bella fuffin Swan
09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I have totally done that! :tongue:

Ursula
09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
If you were really posh back in the day there was nothing better than a plate of Ritz crackers with a perfect swirl of Primula cheese on top. Very la-de-da.

And it has to be prawn primula cos prawns is posh (shrimp to the Americans lol)

Vixynne
10-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Is Primula spray-cheez in a can? We have that too (under a different brand name, I think)---tres chic! :thumbsup:

Ursula
10-11-2009, 02:21 AM
No it comes in a tube and you squeeze it out like toothpaste lol. This isn't sounding good is it?

firenice
10-11-2009, 02:42 AM
For stuffing Christmas tins; I melt milk chocolate and put a few drops of peppermint oil, mix together and then dip Ritz crackers in it....yummy! My friends and family like those so much that I can't keep them around the house.

Tinkfan
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
:jawdrop::thumbsdown::bounce:
No it comes in a tube and you squeeze it out like toothpaste lol. This isn't sounding good is it?

mumof2
12-11-2009, 05:45 PM

LOL i made those for the boys a while back! I may just treat them to some more soon.....:tongue:

For stuffing Christmas tins; I melt milk chocolate and put a few drops of peppermint oil, mix together and then dip Ritz crackers in it....yummy! My friends and family like those so much that I can't keep them around the house.

mmmm, i'll go with the Ritz and melted choc....not the peppermint though. sounds yummy actually.....new choklit fondue dippy thingy coming up!!

AND....i bought 3 packs of the Ritz in our spanking new Poundland thankyouverymuchDawn! They are currently sitting in my room on top of the stack of Christmas chocolates!