PDA

View Full Version : What have they done to the TTA?!

keith
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
ok so the Tomorrowland Transportation Authority ride has been my favourite for years but what have they done to it!

I knew it was going to be a bit difficult whilst space mountain was being updated but it's a disaster!

The whole space mountain section is a mess. Dark boards surround the track, no imagineering done at all, you can see the tatty roof and there's no music/commentary as you go round. I've rarely if ever seen such a sloppy experience at Disney.

OK, we'll say that's just because of the refurb of space mountain but then they've changed the commentary. The old "paging mr Tom. Morrow" was a classic, the new is instantly forgettable and barely audible at the best of times.

They're really really messed this one up

Can only hope they have something great in mind for when the space mountain refurb is over

Wendy
11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
It was sad wasn't it :sigh: we thought it was pretty bad as well :yes:

Skywatcher
11-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo this was always our first thing to do :sigh:

Dorothy
11-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Well they darn well better fix my *Wedway People Mover* I refuse to use the TTA thingy and I'm still waiting for them to change it back :toetap:

keith
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo this was always our first thing to do :sigh:

It's so bad, I couldnt bring myself to take photos of the tattered and featureless interior. I was planning on recording the new soundtrack but it was so low we couldn't hear it.

BigThunder
11-11-2009, 06:20 PM
They changed the audio track on TTA??? Why? Why do they feel the need to mess with stuff. Ok, I guess they want to stay current & keep it fresh but us 'old timers' don't like when they do that. They really took away the Paging Tom Morrow part?? How could they :(

Tink
11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
It is a wreck, isn't it? :(

Poohtle
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
The new soundtrack is terrible. The ride is just not the same. What were they thinking?

kazzaqld
11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
But, but - without the paging Mr Tom Morrow part it's not the same ride....

Vandals :toetap:

BigThunder
12-11-2009, 12:41 AM
But, but - without the paging Mr Tom Morrow part it's not the same ride....

Vandals :toetap:

Agreed. :yes:

Tinker
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
the new TTA is a shame, a real shame .

Slowhand
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
We did the TTA a few years ago during which time SM was only temporarily closed ....I think we were told that someone had dropped something out of their "spaceship", so the ride was closed while the CM`s retrieved it.
It was really cool being able to see inside SM while they had the internal lights on. :thumbsup:

Mari
13-11-2009, 05:47 PM
:(

thats aweful

Beccaberry
13-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Very sad indeed.

Johnie
15-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Yeah Becca and I were horrified

Disneybumble
15-11-2009, 01:33 PM
It is so sad. It broke down while we were on it for 15 mins.

keith
15-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm not giving up hope just yet.

I can't believe that they'll leave it as is, I have to believe that once the SM refurb is complete they'll redo the TTA side of things properly :/

hurster97
16-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I rode it the day it reopened after renovations and aside from the missing section surrounding Space Mountain (audio was turned off to preserve the sanity of the construction workers inside, no doubt) and they were still paging Mr. Tom Morrow on the ride's approach to the Carousel of Progress. I hope he gave his arriving party from Saturn a ring. :)

keith
16-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I rode it the day it reopened after renovations and aside from the missing section surrounding Space Mountain (audio was turned off to preserve the sanity of the construction workers inside, no doubt) and they were still paging Mr. Tom Morrow on the ride's approach to the Carousel of Progress. I hope he gave his arriving party from Saturn a ring. :)

HMM! interesting! I'll have to listen to it all again

The other interesting thing was that as you say, audio completely off inside SM but also the announcement going in was inconsistent working sometimes and not others (or too infrequent for every car to hear it). Said something like "pardon our space dust whilst we improve...."

SleepinCatz
17-11-2009, 12:32 AM
awww...I hope it's not like that when we get there....Steve loves going on that just for a nice sit down for a bit....

keith
17-11-2009, 12:37 AM
awww...I hope it's not like that when we get there....Steve loves going on that just for a nice sit down for a bit....

Well my understanding is that space mountain is now in soft opening to be opened properly in 5 days. The walls have been taken down now so the view from TTA should be pretty good again. No word if the commentary has been restored/improved or whatever but we should find out soon