PDA

View Full Version : Who'd have thought it...

Wendy
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
...an Apple Mac in a hotel room, with a doc for an ipod and with free internet :207: :207:

Chris and I are in Birmingham as we are going to see Beyonce in concert tonight. We checked into the hotel and when we got to the room we should have bought the laptop. Well, we couldn't believe our eyes when we went into the room, there was a Mac sat on the table waiting for us. The receptionist said there was internet access and Chris said on the way to the room, we shoud

OMG I must have one :lol: it is so much better and the monitor is so clear :D even Chris is saying he will think about it, Keith, Tom I need you to keep nagging him, I think he may finally give in :lol: :lol:

Isafari
12-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Wow, which hotel are you staying in Wendy?

Enjoy the concert :travolta:

MarkE
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
You're watching her play at the NIA in town, and you're staying at the City Inn (couldn't get any closer!!??). It's grey and raining heavily.

Freaked out yet?

Don't be. I work in the city centre.

Edited to add: Go to the Pitcher and Piano by the canal for a drink beforehand. 2 for 1 coctails!!

Wendy
12-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Mark, Chris saw that it's just before you get to Boots he thinks.

The hotel is fab, it's a tad different up here to Plymouth :lol: but it looks as if they are doing a lot of building in the area.

MarkE
12-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah they are. Another good pub is the figure of eight on broad street, it's a wetherspoons (and do cheap pitchers of coctails). You'll get good ales in there too :)

Have fun!!

Wendy
12-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks Mark, we're just about ready to leave now :D

catrancher
12-11-2009, 05:19 PM
OMG I must have one :lol: it is so much better and the monitor is so clear :D even Chris is saying he will think about it, Keith, Tom I need you to keep nagging him, I think he may finally give in :lol: :lol:

:HamsterDance: :HamsterDance: :HamsterDance: :HamsterDance: :HamsterDance: :HamsterDance: :HamsterDance:

Toldya! :whistle:

Get him into the Apple Store and take a look at the new 27" iMac (http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/), Wendy!

Resistance is useless!

Tom (:macwave: ... BTW... welcome home! It was great to meet you and Chris. Carol says "Hi!")

Wendy
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
:lol: :lol: Tom, I think it will take a little bit more work than that :lol: He does like it though :D

It was great to finally meet you and Carol after hearing so much from Terry about you.

catrancher
12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
:lol: :lol: Tom, I think it will take a little bit more work than that :lol: He does like it though :D

Not if he actually sees the 27" iMac it won't! :laugh2:
It has an identity crisis. It's not sure if it's a computer or a motion picture theater!

It was great to finally meet you and Carol after hearing so much from Terry about you.

It was great to meet you and Chris also!

Terry told you about me and my DW? Gee... I hope I paid him enough! :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... Look deep into my eyes!)

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/members/catrancher-albums-posted-piccies-picture512-steve-jobs.png

Tink
12-11-2009, 11:08 PM
That sounds like a pretty amazing hotel! I know you are gone to the concert.

I hope you had a wonderful time and were able to have a nice dinner too. :yes:

Tell our Chris that Herself recommends the Mac, too. :D :D

Tinker
13-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Wow, Lucky You , Seeing Beyonce ! I saw Michael Jackson . Well, sort of . :lol: Have Fun Wendy & Chris !

MarkE
13-11-2009, 09:29 AM
If you're still about, go to the German Christmas Market. it opened the other day and it's amazing. Its not far from your hotel either, just walk through the ICC, then over through paradise forum. It starts in Victoria Square and goes down new street and has all sorts of lovely stuff - from hand crafted gifts to edlicious pretzels!!

(Am I pimping my home city enough)

Anyway, Birmingham's ace.