PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Dawn
13-11-2009, 07:52 AM
It's nearly 8am here and it still looks like the middle of the night. Horrendous weather this morning. Be careful out there.

Skywatcher
13-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Yep :sigh: grey and miserable and raining and blowing a gale 68mph winds forecast later and over the weekend.

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw the sun

Claire
13-11-2009, 08:25 AM
What is this 'sun' you speak of?

Skywatcher
13-11-2009, 08:53 AM
:sigh:

kazzaqld
13-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Hot :heatwave:and muggy here :point: Looked like we were going to get a thunderstorm :lightning:earlier but so far only a few drops of rain.

The traditional Friday night refreshments :champers2:are arranged - and we are going to watch Labyrinth for Friday 13th. :watchtv:

There is a registered letter at the post office for collection - :mailboxhappy:could it be our GreenDay tickets? :partydj:

lisaw
13-11-2009, 09:16 AM
It is absolutely horrendous out there today - not great dog walking weather! To top it off my washing machine has pumped water all over the floor so no way of washing all the wet muddy clothes or school uniforms this weekend! - Happy days! :lol:

Tink
13-11-2009, 09:52 AM
It's chilly here today. We'll see if the sun peeks out, and if the rain stops. I drive home today, and cannot wait to get there.

It's been a very long week, and I am glad to see the end of it. :sigh:

Herself has found an organic farm, with a small shop and wants to investigate so this weekend we may take a drive to Ocala in search of the chef's farm. :yes:

It's the weekend of the Masters Art Festival/Show at DTD too. We may go, but in recent years have not enjoyed it overmuch, so may give it a pass this year.

We missed the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival, due to unexpected family matters, and are wishing it still carried through the weekend of the Masters art show. :sigh: Time changes far too many things.

We are busy talking about our plans for Thanksgiving. For some reason we are both particularly excited to be cooking dinner this year. We have some new recipes we want to try. We'll have four guests for dinner, and have already had a couple of requests from them. :) Seth and his Da, of course are two. :yes:

Take care everyone and have a peaceful and restful weekend (as much as possible)!

djdigitald
13-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Tink you need to get to Bed surely it is way to early in the morning to be up!

Tink
13-11-2009, 10:32 AM
:D I've been to bed, and yes I woke early today, somewhere around 4:00 am. Sometimes I loll in bed, but today I just gave up and got up. :D

I'm having some coffee, will have a bit of breakfast then hit the road for home. I'll be there early, which is a good thing, yes?

premier travel
13-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi up at 5am to go to my BNI meeting for 6am every friday the same, was wet, black outside and foggy.l Now raining and awful!

Ursula
13-11-2009, 01:31 PM
It is absolutely horrendous out there today - not great dog walking weather! To top it off my washing machine has pumped water all over the floor so no way of washing all the wet muddy clothes or school uniforms this weekend! - Happy days! :lol:

Ah I knew it... see well well well thread about what will break down just before Christmas :( It's started folks!

Deb
13-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Safe drive home Tink :hug2:

Ah, the weekend!! Been very busy the last couple of days...only really managed to pop onto here for a few mintes early evening. Back and forward to the vets with Sorrel (who has problems with her waterworks - TMI! :lol: ), as well as a few other things going on. Having a quick lunch break before getting some housework done. Am trying to find some ex-battery hens to rehome, and have a few numbers to call this afternoon. Probably stay in tomorrow and get some chores done (very gently though, don't want to be too busy!), may book our Discovery Cove tickets too :tralala: , watch the football match on tv...then Sunday out for lunch - roast beef and yorkshire puddings, yum!! - and settle down on Sunday evening with a bottle of wine to watch Dr Who!!!! :thumbsup:

By the way, it is sunny here today, mild outside - didn't even need my coat when I walked the dogs!!!! :D

Skywatcher
13-11-2009, 01:52 PM
:mental:

DR Who, Autumnwatch, Armstrong and Miller, Have I got News for You and most importantly The Saints are on the telly on Sunday :D - its going to be a duvet weekend :yes:

ukwdwnut
13-11-2009, 01:54 PM
been raining out all morning...suns out now, was all day yesterday too woohoo

Skywatcher
13-11-2009, 01:58 PM
:sigh: I am jealous its dark as anything here and the rain is bucketing down

ukwdwnut
13-11-2009, 02:02 PM
:sigh: I am jealous its dark as anything here and the rain is bucketing down

dont worry mate its gone back in now :lol:

been asked to do some photography this afternoon for the offical opening for the new school building :unsure:

arkvilla
13-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Woken up to sunshine this morning but still a bit nippy for Florida - predicted 70 today so it should warm up nicely.

Kyle and Ii are going to have a game of crazy golf and then we're going to go to Celebration to get a lovely hot fudge sundae for our lunch ( I know it's not a healthy lunch :nono:) but we'll have a healthy dinner :yes:

Sandra

simonwebb74
13-11-2009, 02:49 PM
It's stopped raining for now.

The question is: do I cancel the football training tonight to let the boys stay dry ready for tomorrow morning's match, or go ahead and probably get very very wet ?????

lisaw
13-11-2009, 03:09 PM
It's stopped raining for now.

The question is: do I cancel the football training tonight to let the boys stay dry ready for tomorrow morning's match, or go ahead and probably get very very wet ?????

Chances are it'll be cancelled tomorrow anyway - all home matches are :yes:

Tink
13-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Arkvilla, enjoy your hot fudge sundae lunch! It's the best kind to have on holiday.

I made fairly good time on the drive home. It's crisp (for Florida) and sunny here in Central Florida. My local weather tells me it's 64 degrees! :eek: Where are my mittens!!!

ukwdwnut
13-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Arkvilla, enjoy your hot fudge sundae lunch! It's the best kind to have on holiday.

I made fairly good time on the drive home. It's crisp (for Florida) and sunny here in Central Florida. My local weather tells me it's 64 degrees! :eek: Where are my mittens!!!

64 degs and you want mittens, lol come off it is not that cold tink lol

Dawn
13-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm seriously hoping football in cancelled this weekend. Me and Steven got soaked last Sunday and the boys got so fed up that the game was abandoned. Had to bring Steven home and plonk him straight in a warm bath.

Still have karate though. A nice indoor sport. :D

Deb
13-11-2009, 03:42 PM
:mental:

DR Who, Autumnwatch, Armstrong and Miller, Have I got News for You and most importantly The Saints are on the telly on Sunday :D - its going to be a duvet weekend :yes:

Oooo, thanks for the reminder about Autumnwatch...had forgotten all about it :thumbsup:

Glad you're home safe, and in good time Tink :yes:

uscwest
13-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Still rain and overcast here. Dregs of hurricane IDA moving up the east coast.

Dawn
13-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Apparently the weather will get worse in the UK over the weekend. :eek:

Claire
13-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Last episode of Collision tonight!

Figment
13-11-2009, 04:32 PM
For Ohio, in November..it's absolutely lovely! Sun is out, and while it's still a bit chilly..we're supposed to hit 63* today.:thumbsup:

Jordan is leaving this evening for camping with the Boy Scouts...a *no major plans* camp out...just hiking and having fun.

No major plans for Marcus and I this weekend with Jordan away. Can't wait for Doctor Who on Sunday...thanks to some lovely people over *there* that help us *over here* get to see it not too long after you. I can usually get to watch it here about 10pm our time on the same day you see it. BBCA doesn't intend to show it til December 19th and I am not a patient woman where the Doctor is concerned! :excited: :love2:

Tink
13-11-2009, 04:39 PM
LOL! Mick! It might not be cold to you, but it's cold for me! :D

The remains of Ida are bringing on northeaster storms along the east coast, according to the weather channel.

Ohio is nearly as warm as Florida, Figment! Nice to see you! Haven't seen you around much. Hope all is going well. :yes: :hug1:

Britchick
13-11-2009, 05:36 PM
i am doing NOTHING this weekend, the weather is carp, a bit of movie watching methinks- Twilight is on sky :wiggle: I shall have to watch Robert in HD!!

Claire
13-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm beginning to wonder what this Twilight malarky is all about. There is even an article in the paper today about a 37 year old married woman who's fallen head over heels for one of the characters! Is it worth me trying to get into it this late in the day?

Deb
13-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm beginning to wonder what this Twilight malarky is all about. There is even an article in the paper today about a 37 year old married woman who's fallen head over heels for one of the characters! Is it worth me trying to get into it this late in the day?

Claire, I only started reading them a few weeks ago. I was really worried I wouldn't like them (I didn't like Harry Potter :unsure: ) but I have just finished the last one and I loved them! Found them quite addictive. Just make sure you don't read too much about the plot in all of the publicity first.

Ursula
13-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Deffo NOT too late Claire... I read the books in one go and it was better that way, no waiting for the next instalment... bliss....

I still wearing a t shirt and no socks, the car says it's 9 degrees out, until it gets lower it's not socks time for me and it deffo has to be cold with a capital C for me to have mittens and a coat on. I just sizzle and gawd only knows what I will be like when I hit the menopause. May have to run around in me underwear! squeaks!

Britchick
13-11-2009, 06:16 PM

you sure she wasn't 38? :unsure:

lisaw
13-11-2009, 06:27 PM
you sure she wasn't 38? :unsure:

I was thinking they got my age wrong! :rolleyes:

lisaw
13-11-2009, 06:29 PM
i am doing NOTHING this weekend, the weather is carp, a bit of movie watching methinks- Twilight is on sky :wiggle: I shall have to watch Robert in HD!!

Extra sparkly mmmmmmmm! :D

Britchick
13-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Extra sparkly mmmmmmmm! :D

swoooooooon!

Tinkfan
13-11-2009, 09:09 PM

:taunt: Surely you jest?! What are you making for Thanksgiving?:turkey:

Tink
13-11-2009, 09:11 PM
No! I'm not jesting at all! :D :D It was COLD! :lol:

Ummm... turkey... :D Oh! Pie with NY apples!!! :9: Ummm.... dressing with oysters. Lessee... a new sweet potato casserole that has NO MARSHMALLOWS OR BROWN SUGAR!!! LOL. Errmmmm...cranberries, but haven't decided what type yet. Pecan tarts. Pumpkin pie... and stuff. :D

Tinkfan
13-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Mmmm, very similar to our Holiday feast! Ben's favorite pie is pecan , Ty likes pumpkin and I like apple, so we have all 3!! Plus chocolate cream if Jenn is there!!:yes:

Tink
13-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Yep! I like chocolate cream and banana cream too! :yes: Blueberry and cherry too. :D Herself likes Mincemeat. We'll have some other things, but haven't worked them all out. Biscuits, or some type of roll... compound butter, those sorts of things.

Dawn
14-11-2009, 07:03 AM
hungry...

Tink
14-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Well then, hop on over. :yes: We'll set a place at the Thanksgiving table for you. :yes: