PDA

View Full Version : Two years since my aneurysm

BigThunder
16-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Tomorrow, the 16th, will be the 2nd anniversary of the night my brain aneurysm ruptured. If it's anything like last year, it was a mixture between something to celebrate & something to fear. I feel it is almost a day I should celebrate because I didn't die, I lived & am so lucky to have survived it with flying colors. But it's also sad for me because it was such a scary time for me, David & my girls. It's hard not to think of how close I came to leaving my children motherless or how mentally disabled I could be right now.

Soon after I got home from the hospital & I had to see my dr. & my neurosurgeon both of them told me stories about patients of theirs who had aneurysms & 10 years later were still alive. But the emphasis they put on it.....10 years later! It made me feel like I'm going to be lucky if I get another 10 years out of my life. Since then, that is the time frame I keep in my head. So I am happy I've made it another year, but I do that morbid thing where I think..well, I have 8 years left if I'm lucky. So it's a happy & sad day for me I guess is what I'm saying.

I haven't had anything else happen, that I know of, other than some dizzy spells & my stamina has never really returned. I wish I could afford the yearly CT Scans as the surgeon said, it would just set my mind at ease to know for sure everything was ok up there. Sadly, without insurance, I cannot, so I can only hope for the best. Hope my tattered brain is staying healthy :)

Thanks guys for hearing me out, didn't mean to go on so much but I guess I'm just feeling overly reflective tonight.

Johnie
16-11-2009, 03:29 AM
:hug2::hug2::hug2: I am glad you are here.

Deb
16-11-2009, 07:10 AM
:hug2::hug2::hug2:

Just wanted to send you a hug. Or 3.

Skywatcher
16-11-2009, 08:53 AM
:hug2: reflect away hun :hug2:

Debbie2
16-11-2009, 11:17 AM
:hug2::hug2: of course you will be refllective as the anniversary of such a major event arrives. Wishing you continued good health :hug2:

piglet
16-11-2009, 11:21 AM
:hug2::hug2: just sending lots of love

dumbo77
16-11-2009, 11:25 AM
just wanted to say that keeping a positive frame of mind is the way to go, when we dwell on things people just give up. you have lots of friends here who feel honoured to know you and have you in there daily lives (all be it over the tinterweb) :yes:

lozzy
16-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Happy that you still well and heres a big :hug2: from me to you.

foreverducky
16-11-2009, 01:20 PM
:hug2:

arkvilla
16-11-2009, 01:55 PM
AS a fairly new member I don't know the history of most members and after reading your post I wish you more than 10 years. :yes:

It must have been traumatic for you and all your family & friends butyou are here to tell the tale and what more can we ask for.

Forwarned is foraremed - we could all go at anytime - who knows.

I am a very positive person in general but health worries used to get me down alot to the point that they were ruining everyday for me. I decided to just stop thinking about these things and live for the now.

Sending you big hugs on your 2nd anniversary and wishing you many more healthy years :hug2:

Sandra

Claire
16-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Many, many :hug2: to you Hun.

Shellyamc
16-11-2009, 02:23 PM
lots of love and hugs on the way for you :hug2:

Rosie0610
16-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I wish you many many more years of health!!

Please don't focus on the 10yr thing. My grandma had a valve in her heart replaced and they told her it had a 10yr warranty on it. She counted down those 10 years like she would drop over on the exact anniversary of replacement! I'm happy to say she's at almost 17 years now!!

Take care and celebrate life!!

Wendy
16-11-2009, 02:39 PM
:hug2: :hug2: I remember the worry you went through :hug2: I felt so helpless not being able to help you.

You will be here in 11 years time and this will all be behind you :hug2: Keep strong sweetheart :hug2:

ukwdwnut
16-11-2009, 03:15 PM
loads of :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: for you BT

i know the feeling, being told i had 2-5 yrs to live, before they even mentioned medication, was the worst thing anyone could have said to me, im still here 3 yrs on, but knowing i could have been in a box by now doesnt bear thinking about

wishing you many more years :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:

Isafari
16-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I can't imagine what you've gone through BT but I do know you're a very strong lady with a very kind heart.
Sending lots of :hug2: and good health for the future :hug2:

BigThunder
16-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Thank you all so much for all the very sweet posts. I'm all misty eyed! Well, ok, I'm rather emotional today already so it isn't going to take much, lol.

I have never been a positive thinker & I found it got much worse after the aneurysm (& house fire) & I did fight to change that in myself for the longest time & at some point, I guess I gave up.

What really makes me mad (at myself) is I WAS given a second chance at life & what have I done with it?? I have gained so much weight it's ridiculous. And I lead a completely sedate life which makes it worse. I feel more like a 71 year old instead of a 41 year old and I'm afraid I really am killing myself. I should be more thankful for my life than I think I am & that really bothers me.

BigThunder
16-11-2009, 03:59 PM
loads of :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: for you BT

i know the feeling, being told i had 2-5 yrs to live, before they even mentioned medication, was the worst thing anyone could have said to me, im still here 3 yrs on, but knowing i could have been in a box by now doesnt bear thinking about

wishing you many more years :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:

Wow. I can't imagine being told what you were. What strength you must have! I'm so happy to have you here & I'm also wishing you many more years! Hopefully 10 years from now we will be reflecting on this & having a good laugh :hug2:

mumof2
16-11-2009, 04:23 PM
well i'm certainly happy you're here BT! :hug2:

Now the 10yr comment, i didn't read it as you heard it.....I see it as them telling you "wow! you survived, they survived and 10 yrs later these people are still going strong!"

So you've put on weight which is a big issue i know....but you're here on this Earth with those you love and who love you :hug2::hug2:

i know my comments are easy for me to say, but i just want you to know you're here living and breathing and you're wonderful to have gone through all you have and come through the other side! :yes:

ukwdwnut
16-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Wow. I can't imagine being told what you were. What strength you must have! I'm so happy to have you here & I'm also wishing you many more years! Hopefully 10 years from now we will be reflecting on this & having a good laugh :hug2:

i know it was really hard, but the nurse who came with me to london from my local hospital said to me,,,,just be thankful its not an untreatable form of the big C. and to this day i remember what she said and am thankful to her for say that it put me in the right train of thought

Dawn
16-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Carpe diem!

No disrespect Chris but I find it difficult to understand why some doctors give you a sell by date after a major health issue. Surely it would be better to say "you've got a second chance, now go out and live." :unsure:

Tinkfan
16-11-2009, 05:11 PM
:hug2::hug2::yes:

Disneybumble
16-11-2009, 05:25 PM
For you BT:hug2::hug2::hug2:

BigThunder
16-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks again guys. It's helped getting all this love from you wonderful folks here today, has made me feel not so alone. I get my kids at 3pm so from then on it (hopefully) won't be so bad :)

You all really are just the sweetest people! Wish we all lived a little closer!

lisaw
16-11-2009, 07:45 PM
:hug2::hug2:

uscwest
20-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Lots of :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: coming your way. You've certainly been through a lot.

Jazmine
21-11-2009, 01:37 PM
sending you lots of love n :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: BT always here for you :hug2:
Jacqui xxxx