PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT tradition "Lights of Winter" confirmed cancelled

eeyoreguy
16-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Disney has officially cancelled the much loved Lights of Winter Archway of lights found every year at EPCOT.

"Note:The Lights of Winter at Epcot has been enjoyed for years. But tech to operate the lights is obsolete, prompting us to retire the lights"

EPCOT christmas won't be the same without it and if the technology operating it became out of date, surely new technology could have been employed to keep it going?

Tink
16-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I know. I think it's just a stinking shame. I remember the first time these lights went up and how incredibly beautiful they were. I am really sorry to see them no longer a part of Christmas/Holidays at WDW. :(

I honestly don't mind change, but this is not one of those sensible moves. They kill Night Before Christmas and replace with a lame show, and now because "technology" hasn't kept up they discontinue a beautiful part of the decorations for Christmas?

Ugh. I'm trying really hard to not go off here... I wonder if I'll succeed...

keith
16-11-2009, 12:48 PM
We really missed it this year and thought it was just because we were there too early and it hadn't been put up yet.

EPCOT christmas without the arch? Can't imagine it.

Britchick
16-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Waaaah!

foreverducky
16-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Let's hope with the next year they will have something else up, even more beautiful!

(I'm trying to be positive polly here)

Tink
16-11-2009, 01:23 PM
That's a good thing. We like Positive Pollys! :yes: That's a thing to look forward to. :yes:

lozzy
16-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Lets hope when we return next year there will be something new to see..:thumbsup:

BigThunder
16-11-2009, 04:24 PM
:eek3: NOOOOOO! Oh I hate this. It was always so beautiful to walk under the arch & when they danced to the music....sigh.... it was beautiful! I shall miss it :cry1:

Isafari
16-11-2009, 06:02 PM
It was always so beautiful to walk under the arch & when they danced to the music....sigh.... it was beautiful! I shall miss it :cry1:

Me too. It was also 'romantic' to walk through the arch on your way out of the park with the lights above you. Does anyone need a bucket :unsure:

Britchick
16-11-2009, 07:36 PM
you're so romantic Diane! :hug2:

i can be positive too but i need to grieve first :sorry:

uscwest
20-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I too hope that they come up with something to replace it. We love that arch and it is particularly beautiful when coming into EPCOT on the monorail.

keith
20-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I too hope that they come up with something to replace it. We love that arch and it is particularly beautiful when coming into EPCOT on the monorail.

Thing is, they say the technology was out of date well "OK" but it was just some lights flicked on and off in tune with the music which is pretty much what they're doing at the osborne dancing lights! so they REALLY MUST have the technology to be able to bring the arch back