PDA

View Full Version : With Chrimbo Fast Approaching

ukwdwnut
16-11-2009, 06:25 PM
whats your fave sad christmas tear jerker film?

last year i was told by tracy to watch "christmas shoes" omg how sad was that film, i dont mind admitting i had a tear or two

so whats yours?

daveann
16-11-2009, 06:36 PM
white christmas gets me bing crosby was a legend also the tim allen santa clauses too

BigThunder
16-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Mick, I just heard the song for Christmas Shoes & found a youtube video for it that showed clips from the movie, omg, I didn't think i could make it through the video it was so sad!!! I thought it was beautiful and I hate country music, lol.

I do love me some holiday movies tho. Trying to think of one that brings on tears & I can't think of any really. When I was a kid, there was this movie called Nester the Long Eared Donkey. Anyone remember that? I used to cry every time I watched it! The same people that did Rudolph & Frosty made it, but it just didn't have the staying power those two did,lol.

Britchick
16-11-2009, 07:32 PM
oh g@d not the christmas shoes again, i'll go and slit my wrists now!! lol

i love ALL christmas movies! they've already started on sky, i'm glad to say Caitlin likes to watch them with me

lisaw
16-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Love Christmas movies - White Christmas is my absolute favourite :yes:

Frosty the Snowman makes me ball my eyes out!

Isafari
16-11-2009, 10:20 PM
It's A Wonderful Life and White Christmas for me.

Kathmandu
16-11-2009, 11:58 PM
What is Chrimbo? is that christmas?

Tink
17-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes, Kathmandu. :yes: It's an English slang for Christmas as is Chrissie.

Big Thunder!!!! We are SUCH sisters! :D Nester the Long Eared Donkey is the SADDEST!

I've not seen it since I was a kid and I'm not sure I'd watch it again.

I don't really have any sad Christmas movies I watch. :unsure: I always thought the part in Gremlins where the girl talked about her father dying on Christmas Eve was sad even though it was a campy sort of death. :shrug:

Johnie
17-11-2009, 01:18 AM
oh no, no sad movies for me on Christmas.

ukwdwnut
17-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Mick, I just heard the song for Christmas Shoes & found a youtube video for it that showed clips from the movie, omg, I didn't think i could make it through the video it was so sad!!! I thought it was beautiful and I hate country music, lol.

I do love me some holiday movies tho. Trying to think of one that brings on tears & I can't think of any really. When I was a kid, there was this movie called Nester the Long Eared Donkey. Anyone remember that? I used to cry every time I watched it! The same people that did Rudolph & Frosty made it, but it just didn't have the staying power those two did,lol.

then you should watch the whole movie, you will be bawling lol

Ursula
17-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I haven't heard of this one so may have to go and get it. Mine is a cartoony thing... called Grandpa I think..... it's so so sad and always gets me :(

Tink
17-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I remember years ago there was a television movie on. Ed Asner had the lead and he was the father of now grown children. He "went home" and asked them all to come for Christmas as he was dying... ugh. Not my idea of a Christmas show. I'm sorry but we deal with that sort of heartache all through the year. I'd like one week where we can focus on joy, happiness, feeding those we love, those we don't know, and just being as kind as possible without reminders that the cold, bleak world is out there waiting to pounce.

I prefer my Christmas to be like that very first magical trip to WDW where once you stepped inside the World, the real world was left behind... call me Pollyanna... :shrug:

ukwdwnut
17-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I prefer my Christmas to be like that very first magical trip to WDW where once you stepped inside the World, the real world was left behind... call me Pollyanna... :shrug:

thts exactly how i feel when i go, eveything else is forgotten :D

keith
17-11-2009, 12:45 PM

wonderful!!!

Soooooo you know what's coming :D what films do you watch that make you feel that way?

BigThunder
17-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Tink, I love the fact you have watched Nester!! :D

Mick, I don't think I could watch it all...not to be all melodramatic but the little bit I saw reminded me too much of how my kids may have seen me after the aneurysm..lying up in bed...sickly looking..could hardly talk & was in pain. Plus it all happened close to Christmas. It's just too much for me

But back to happy thoughts! I cannot get enough of holiday movies during December! We have a ton on dvd & even VHS, lol. And my kids will thankfully still sit down & watch the cartoons with me even at their age (i love that!).

Here's another odd one to see if anyone (Tink??) has ever seen or heard of, lol. It's called Who Slew Auntie Roo & has Shelly Winters in it as this rich but secretly insane lady who lives in a sprawling mansion & every Christmas has the children from the local orphanage come for Christmas dinner & presents. But she decides to kidnap one. Anyone?? :D

ukwdwnut
18-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Mick, I don't think I could watch it all...not to be all melodramatic but the little bit I saw reminded me too much of how my kids may have seen me after the aneurysm..lying up in bed...sickly looking..could hardly talk & was in pain. Plus it all happened close to Christmas. It's just too much for me

But back to happy thoughts! I cannot get enough of holiday movies during December! We have a ton on dvd & even VHS, lol. And my kids will thankfully still sit down & watch the cartoons with me even at their age (i love that!).

no thats understandable BT too close to home that one :hug2:

we got a few on vhs too but ive transferred them to dvd, not lost any clarity either, came out really well :D

Tink
19-11-2009, 01:54 AM
No can't say as I've ever heard of that one, Big Thunder!

Disney Avatars
23-11-2009, 02:58 PM
It's a Wonderful Life ! If you dont cry at that then you may have a medical problem that requries medical attention:taunt:

Shellyamc
23-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Nester is #1 for my Sister and I at Christmas :yes: A few years back we collected all the movies we watched as kids and we were able to find him on VSH. Now, of course, you can get them everywhere.

..ears Nester..

Mags
23-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Its a Wonderful Life. Cant be any other.

Margaret

dumbo77
23-11-2009, 11:07 PM
i cry at the grinch when cindy lou is sad , i know i shouldnt cry but it makes me cry like a new born whose just had its first jab:sorry:

foreverducky
24-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I try not to do the sad ones either. I'm usually alone, so to think of watching sad movies in the dead of winter, definitely doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I have a whole bunch I like to watch though. I enjoy the original Home Alones, Santa Clauses, and I so adore Scrooged with Bill Murray (it's warped in a good way). Also enjoy National Lampoon Christmas, hmmm, oh and Deck the Halls with Danny Devito.

I don't have cable anymore, so the videos will be even more important this year. Can't stare at a blank screen during the holiday, now can I?

Tink
24-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Has anyone ever seen Elf? :unsure: Did you like it?

Speaking of blank screens, is there the "fireplace scene" with background music available on any tv channel anymore? :unsure: That used to crack me up.

Shellyamc
24-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Has anyone ever seen Elf? :unsure: Did you like it?

Speaking of blank screens, is there the "fireplace scene" with background music available on any tv channel anymore? :unsure: That used to crack me up.

I think QVC does that for part of the time they are "off air" :yes:

Taja
26-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Not a fan of sad movies in general, and particularly not Christmas!

Love "White Christmas!" Weak plot, fair acting and lovely Irving Berlin music! :D