PDA

View Full Version : please tell me they won't last forever

Britchick
16-11-2009, 09:24 PM
GCSEs!! arrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:mental::mental::mental::mental::mental::mental::m ental::mental::mental:

and this is just the mocks! :ouch::bugeye::bugeye::hissyfit::banghead::banghea d::brickwall::shocked::eek:

Dizneyblonde
16-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Robyn's are the first week in December.

She did her actual English GCSE last week and her Maths modular and her Chemistry modular is this Thursday.

I just wish she would see the importance of revision!

Britchick
16-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Jon and Dan have been what i can only describe as rutting tonight. I believe Freud had an explanation. At least Jon can explain trigonometry!

Dan's are the first two weeks of december too.

Dizneyblonde
16-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm more stressed than Robyn who is more interested in Facebook and MSN!

Mags
16-11-2009, 11:16 PM
GCSEs!! arrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:mental::mental::mental::mental::mental::mental::m ental::mental::mental:

and this is just the mocks! :ouch::bugeye::bugeye::hissyfit::banghead::banghea d::brickwall::shocked::eek:

It gets worse. Honestly, the mocks are just the start. From about February on it was frantic here. Its bad again as it is A level year now. :ouch: I feel very sorry for you.

Margaret

Dawn
17-11-2009, 05:49 AM
And there's me worrying about year 2 SATs.

:mental:

premier travel
17-11-2009, 07:34 AM
James is given 2 weeks off for revision for the mocks his are in the new year. Looks like they are all different times depending on the school etc.

Disneybumble
17-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Ah GCSE's. Unfortunately Julie it gets worse. We are now in the process of choosing Zoe's options. One finishes and the other ones start.

Ah SATS , In 2007 we had year 2,6 and 9 SATS all at once.

Skywatcher
17-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh Brit :hug2: I can't imagine what this feels like as a parent it must be an awful time.

My parents had 7 o levels between them and my Dad only had 2 of those so they were no flippin use :lol: , what is strange is that they are the focus of your life for so long up to the age of 16 yet by aged 20 I don't think I could remember which subjects I took let alone what grades I got :lol:

Tink
17-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Ummmmm does rutting mean something different in British English then? :unsure:

Skywatcher
17-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Rutting is banging heads together, as the deers do Tink - not what follows :D

Dawn
17-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I left school with 3 o levels including an E in Geography.

I now have a first class honors degree and am working in what I can only describe as my dream job.

Not saying they're not important but they're not the be all and end all. :hug2:

Skywatcher
17-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Problem is at that age they seem like it, and the way the teachers go on about it , it puts the kids under immense pressure.

All this at a time when your hormones are all over the shop :sigh: not and easy time

Britchick
17-11-2009, 06:19 PM
All this at a time when your hormones are all over the shop :sigh: not and easy time

aren't they ever! it's such a horrible time for them.

I know what you're saying Dawn and i don't care what the kids choose to do as long as they are happy, what i want is for them to have the choice. :yes: