PDA

View Full Version : Mesage from our Wendy...

Isafari
18-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Wendy was hoping to get online today but is still in quite a bit of pain. She has to keep her knee elevated.....and she has even tried to put the laptop on her lap to speak with you all but it was too heavy.

The meds that Wendy are on have her a bit dopey too....you can all add your own adlibs here!!! I'll suffer for that remark when she does get back online :lol:

With not being able to get comfy in bed, she didn't get much sleep last night either so it can't be much fun for her right now.

Chris is being the wonderful husband that we know he is and looking after her for us :yes:

daveann
18-11-2009, 06:08 PM
oh hope she soon gets some comfort :) thanks for the update :)

Dawn
18-11-2009, 07:00 PM
The meds that Wendy are on have her a bit dopey too....you can all add your own adlibs here!!!

Really? :evil:

'oi missus step away from the laptop!

dumbo77
18-11-2009, 07:41 PM
get well soon wendy, after having a op recently myself i know just how uncomfortable it can be. hope your back on secrets soon :hug2:

Johnie
18-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the update!

Beccaberry
18-11-2009, 08:00 PM
:hug2: to Wen, feel better soon!

Ursula
18-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Get Well Soon X

Tink
19-11-2009, 01:07 AM
:(
Hoping the post op pain eases up soon. :(

Get better fast, Wendy. :hug2: Miss you. :(

Disneybumble
19-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Hope you have had a better nights sleep .:hug2:

uscwest
20-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Well I'm a bit behind on getting on here during my trip. So Wendy I hope you are feeling better and are getting some rest. :hug2::hug2::hug2:

Tink
20-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you for my text yesterday! It was good to hear from you although I wish you were feeling better.

Looking forward to when you are up to being able to log on here. Don't rush though. Take all the time you need to get that knee out of the extreme pain mode. :hug2:

Wendy
20-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I am here :D not for long though :( I am supposed to keep my leg elevated until about Sunday and I just can't get comfy with the laptop, soooo whilst Chris is at work I have come upstairs to log in :D (time to hide before I get told off!) and he will never know :D

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes :hug2: and to Tink, Keith, Issy and Terry for keeping everyone up to date on what's happening. I am surprised that Chris posted, I know he said he would, but he was very tired Tuesday night and I didn't think he would remember, so it's :hug2: for him when he gets home tonight :D

What I'd give for a decent night's sleep :sigh: as soon as the pain meds start to wear off I'm awake, they only seem to last for a couple of hours :(

I have 3 holes in my knee which I haven't looked at yet, I've got to change the dressings tomorrow so I'll see more then :unsure: My knee is a lovely black with the odd tinge of yellow :lol: and it very swollen.

It doesn't sound like it is in a good way from what the doctor said :sigh: it didn't feel like it was, but there was always that little bit of hope :sigh: that it wouldn't be as bad as first thought. It sounds like it is hereditary as well, he was surprised at how aggressive it was and he said that it wasn't down to wear and tear :unsure: Chris seems to think he was saying that the bone layers were separating, but I don't know if that's what he meant :unsure:

I have an appointment to see him next Tuesday at 6pm and he will talk about it more then and decide what route to take. I got the impression that a replacement is not on the cards now though, he said he would go through every option when we met.

One thing which I was relieved about was that he didn't think it was worth moving and replacing some of my bones :hide: I don't even like the sound of that let alone would have wanted him to do it :unsure:

So that's it really, I am fed up, I have had a migraine which is now a very bad headache, my knee is hurting like crazy, I am tired and I'm feeling sorry for myself :lol: and I want chocolate - I'll add it to the shopping list but I bet Chris doesn't bring any back :lol: :lol:

Isafari
20-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, it's great to see you but, I'm going to have to :nono: at going up the stairs when you should be resting the knee! It sounds so painfull. :hug2:

dumbo77
20-11-2009, 06:37 PM
[quote="Wendy, post: 178041"]I am here :D not for long though :( I am supposed to keep my leg elevated until about Sunday and I just can't get comfy with the laptop, soooo whilst Chris is at work I have come upstairs to log in :D (time to hide before I get told off!) and he will never know :D
there is a reason they told you this hun i know you are missing secrets a lot and must be getting fed up beyond belief but you really do need to rest and keep it elevated :nono: saying that i hope you are back to your cheery happy and helpful self soon. I dont want to cause any upset or offence by what ive said but as im a physiotherapist i really have to tell you how important it is to follow the dr advice (however much it pains me to agreee with dr's:tongue:)

what you need is lots of friends round so you can use them as little slaves :thumbsup:

mumof2
20-11-2009, 08:29 PM
there is a reason they told you this hun i know you are missing secrets a lot and must be getting fed up beyond belief but you really do need to rest and keep it elevated

exactly! put your feet up sweetie :hug2: hope you're feeling better soon xx

Jazmine
21-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi Wen, you norty girl going upsatairs,:nono: ooooh Chris :wiggle:only kiddin xx you must do as your`e told, wish i could get out to buy you some choc and post it, but ive come down with a virus and feel Yuk dont want to pass it on so stayng back from everyone hiding away in the house :hug2:
Love n :hug2:
Jacqui xxxx

piglet
22-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Wendy, please do as you're told, you know it makes sense :yes: Hope you're now on the mend

Deb
22-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Wendy :hug2:

If you want chocolate you only have to ask...you'll have about a hundred lots of them winging their way in the post from everyone :lol:

Take care hun xxx

Rosie0610
23-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Hope your pain lessens soon Wendy!!

And why wouldn't he bring you any chocolate!! You should be on a choc drip! :)

SleepinCatz
24-11-2009, 02:58 AM
aww get better soon Wendy!

Isafari
24-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Wendy says "Hi" to everyone :thumbsup:

Wendy
24-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm here :D (not prepared to admit where I am though :whistle:) Phew, what a long few days it's been, on the good side I have written all my Christmas cards, made lists of the food we need at Christmas, wrapped presents that need to be sent out soon - I'm well in advance for Christmas :lol:

I have been somewhat good, I have kept my knee elevated when I'm sat down (which is most of the time) I have worn those horrible TED socks for the whole week, I've done my exercises and I've iced. The bad news is that I still have the sharp pain in the front of the knee that I had before the arthroscopy :( I'm hoping it's just early days and once everything is healed it will be better :sigh:

I had a slight mishap on Sunday night, I tripped going up the stairs, (I caught my foot in my skirt) so I lurched forward and banged my knee on the stairs - for someone who doesn't use bad words the air was blue :ashamed008: - Our neighbour must have heard me scream :unsure: :lol: I spent most of yesterday in bed because it had swollen again, but today it's a lot better so I'm up and about :D

I'm going to see the consultant at 6pm tonight so it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Thank you to everyone for the texts and cards :hug2: it's meant a lot :hug2:

catrancher
24-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi Wendy!

Hmmm... sharp pain in front of knee. I know that one. Like someone drove a nail straight into your kneecap. Happens to me constantly so I share a little bit of your pain. :thumbsdown:

Do be careful with that leg and keep it elevated as the docs say. Yes... stockings too! I had knee surgery a number of years ago (to remove a cyst) and ended up in hospital with phlebitis in my leg. Not something I can recommend so do as the docs say!

And get well quickly!

Tom (:macwave:... Carol says "Hi" :wave:)

MystikPiglit
24-11-2009, 04:11 PM
:wave::hug2: