PDA

View Full Version : Marley was dead: to begin with.

catrancher
25-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Well, DW and I have just come back from seeing Disney's A Christmas Carol in digital 3D. :yes:

3D in the movies certainly has changed since my younger days! Even though you still have to wear those glasses. Or perhaps it's just the way Disney presented it this time. There was none of that "everything popping out of the screen at you" every time you took a breath. While there's still a bit of that, I didn't think it was over done at all. There is a lot of "flying over London" type of thing but it still didn't detract too much from the story in my opinion. The effect was quite good in scenes where there were a lot of people. The Christmas feast at Fezziwigs for instance. There it gave me the impression of actually being in the crowd of people.

I've got to say that I quite enjoyed the movie. Even though I'm not the world's biggest Jim Carrey fan, I thought he did a reasonable job of it in this film.

Of course, he shows best in his portrayal of Scrooge. Humbug! :bahhumbug:

All in all, an enjoyable afternoon at the movies and a delightful start to the holiday season. :xmaslites:

Also of note. The ubiquitous "coming attractions" had the trailer for Disney's upcoming "Alice in Wonderland" (coming in March next year). This too will be in 3D. And based on what I saw in the preview, this will be a must see for me. The 3D effect they've used gave the trailer the most amazing realism. And of course, you can't go wrong with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... wonder if any of my lights will work this year?)

uscwest
28-11-2009, 10:03 PM
We just saw this in 3D IMAX. I agree totally with what you say Tom, including the Alice in Wonderland.

catrancher
28-11-2009, 10:12 PM
We just saw this in 3D IMAX.

We had thought about going to see it in IMAX. However, there've been some problems with the mall where our closest IMAX theater is. Cars being broken into and that sort of thing. So, we passed on the IMAX presentation. Of course, now that I've seen the regular 3D one, I'm sure the IMAX show must have been absolutely mind boggling.

Perhaps I'll tough it up and go see Alice in IMAX 3D. :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... maybe next time)

keith
28-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Agree with you both, we really enjoyed it and are looking forward to the forthcoming 3d movies.

(of course Disney aside, Avatar is the film I REALLY Want to see in 3d)

Mari
02-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I really REALLY want to watch it... but we have to find someone to watch Tatiana in the meantime... hahaha

So maybe we will go to the Princess and the Frog and hope she will seat or stand or walk around but stay inside the theater hahahaha

Tink
02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I'll come watch her for you! :D :D

Mari
02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I'll come watch her for you! :D :D

sounds like a deal!

on second thought, you might have a better time if I send her over :yes: she loves Epcot :yes:

Tink
02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
:lol: That'll work! Our Seth is coming back for his birthday weekend. :9: We can take them both. We still have the big stroller (although we don't use it anymore). :D :D

Mari
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
:lol: That'll work! Our Seth is coming back for his birthday weekend. :9: We can take them both. We still have the big stroller (although we don't use it anymore). :D :D

that would be so much fun!!!!!!