PDA

View Full Version : Friday's here!

Claire
27-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Bring on the weekend. Will it be a washout again? I'm off to Portsmouth tomorrow with the boy to the Historic Dockyard for a Victorian Christmas Park don't ya know guvnor! Hope everything will be victorian prices. :yes:

What plans you??

keith
27-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I plan to sit in front of my new iMac, play with it all day whilst watching all day christmas movies on the Movie24 channel and drinking lots of hot chocolate. No newspaper or news channels will be watched in case they depress me :D

daveann
27-11-2009, 10:49 AM
im in agony with my back AGAIN :( so not doing much accept step son is here this weekend so ferry him around to his activities :( but Dave is off for 2 days so we get 2 days together :)

Deb
27-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Aw Ann, hope your back feels better soon :hug2:

Lovely sunny day here today, and it is forecast to snow a little here tonight so I'm hoping we'll wake to a sprinkling of white on the hills! :thumbsup: We are going to test drive a car in the morning so am really looking forward to that :yes: We are supposed to be getting our Christmas tree on Wednesday but I am hoping to persuade Mr Deb that we need it on Sunday :D

I can't find an advent calendar anywhere :sigh: I don't like the chocolate ones, and always have one that just has the pictures behind the windows. I can usually find a Winnie the Pooh one or something similar, but no luck so far, they are getting harder to find every year :unsure: I am deep in an Advent Calendar crisis and may have to resort to extreme shopping for it at the weekend!!

Didn't know about the Christmas movies on movies24....that may have to be fitted in too! :D

keith
27-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Didn't know about the Christmas movies on movies24....that may have to be fitted in too! :D

*apparently* all christmas movies on there all weekend in november and then come december 1st, non-stop christmas movies all month :D I know that's some peoples idea of hell but I'm a christmas addict :D

Claire
27-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Both Borders and Waterstones stock choc free advent calendars Deb. Do you have one locally?

josh.p.
27-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Work :sigh: I'll think of the money :yes:

Skywatcher
27-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Sitting and playing on the iMac with the boy trying to upload all the stuff from the old Windows machine - texting Keith or PMing him to ask what I'm doing wriong and how to fix stuff...

Making a shopping list checking it twice then playing

Xmas, Amazon/eBay delivery bingo :D

Week 'off' next week to complete Xmas plans /dash to Cornwall is needed so might not be on much

Deb
27-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Both Borders and Waterstones stock choc free advent calendars Deb. Do you have one locally?

Our Waterstones don't have any at all (it is a small branch though). Borders had 2 - one was a very serious Nativity scene and the other was a large 3D thing that has to stand up on it's own, and I need a one that pins on the wall. I haev't found one choc-free Disney one :(

keith
27-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Our Waterstones don't have any at all (it is a small branch though). Borders had 2 - one was a very serious Nativity scene and the other was a large 3D thing that has to stand up on it's own, and I need a one that pins on the wall. I haev't found one choc-free Disney one :(

We should set up a petition Deb. As much as I like chocolate, the stuff inside the advent calendars is always yucky so I prefer the simple, nice, light and happy, open doors to a friendly picture, style as well.

Deb
27-11-2009, 04:15 PM
We should set up a petition Deb. As much as I like chocolate, the stuff inside the advent calendars is always yucky so I prefer the simple, nice, light and happy, open doors to a friendly picture, style as well.

I agree. Maybe I'm getting old (ok, I AM getting old :D ), but the chocolatey ones just don't seem in the spirit of things for me. They don't feel as magical somehow :unsure:

Beccaberry
27-11-2009, 04:22 PM
...non-stop christmas movies all month :D I know that's some peoples idea of hell but I'm a christmas addict :D

Sounds like heaven to me :)

I haven't found a TV station that does that but I *do* have two presets in my car at the moment that play Christmas music 24/7 (yes people are starting to refuse to ride with me :yes: )

Busy weekend for us...was up shopping this morning at 3:00 am, out again soon after having had a nap... :xmastree3:

House decorations up this afternoon :xmashouse:

Off to the Christmas Tree Farm tomorrow for some tailgating and tree hunting. :choptree3: :santa5:

Tree up on Sunday! :xmastree6:

Let the incessant use of smilies begin!!

Skywatcher
27-11-2009, 04:28 PM
:dozey:

Sunday is still NOVEMBER :mental:

Beccaberry
27-11-2009, 04:33 PM
That's what Jon keeps saying.

I'll just ignore you like I'm ignoring him :lalala:

Skywatcher
27-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I think working 10 Christmas' straight and doing the job I was doing at the time when all around was merriment and even the people I was working with could go home and enjoy at least some of the day whilst I was left alone with a mouldy cheese sandwich and a total inability to do my job properly as all the support staff would just say 'its christmas' has left me feeling very bitter about it; I hate that the job has done that to me as it used to be my favourite time of year

Dawn
27-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Deb we have a shop up the road that has loads of "proper" advent calendars. I'll pop in and get one for you tomorrow. :thumbs-up:

Isafari
27-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Ann :hug2: hope the back pain is easing by now.

I am going to have a spring clean! I have been working very long hours this past few months and the housework has gone to pot!
DH has to replace some fence panels that have taken a battering from the winds recently.

No decorations going up as we are going to Florida 2 weeks on Tuesday :D Not that I'm counting :wiggle:

Deb
27-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Deb we have a shop up the road that has loads of "proper" advent calendars. I'll pop in and get one for you tomorrow. :thumbs-up:

Awww, Dawn, thank you so much :hug2: You are a star :)

Claire
27-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm looking everywhere for a Porsche 911...

Disneybumble
27-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Kinnerton chocolate :blech:

Ann sorry to hear your back.

This weekend is christmas shopping and setting up our christmas ipod.
I am hoping to build bridges this weekend, life's to short and i need to make a long phone call.

lisaw
27-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Good luck Siobhan :hug2:

Beccaberry
28-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Siobhan :hug2:

Thinking of you.

Dr. Skywatcher :hug2: I'll bring 'round some eggnog...it'll do wonders for that mouldy cheese sandwich :hug2:

Tink
28-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Well, it's not even Friday any longer (ok, just for about 20 more minutes here) but I'll chime in anyway. :D

Seth's Da left for home today (he has to be on call over the weekend) with a car loaded with food and pies. :yes: We took the boy to DTD for a quick look at some things, stopped by Cooke's of Dublin as the child declared he wanted shrimp :D and then went over to DHS to look at the lights. He had a grand time, but loved the "snow" more than the lights. :lol:

We'll be back at the parks tomorrow. I believe we'll do some MK and maybe some EPCOT. We never did get to the Gingerbread house, so hopefully they'll be able to do it when they come for Christmas (or maybe if they come before Christmas too).

It's cold here. Dropping to the 30s overnight. We can feel the cold in the house. Extra blankets, or may even have to turn the heat on for a bit.

Sunday we'll take the boy halfway to meet up with his Da. And then it's back to the old grind. I'll be off to South Florida again for the week. :sigh:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Dawn
28-11-2009, 06:59 AM
It's cold here. Dropping to the 30s overnight. We can feel the cold in the house. Extra blankets, or may even have to turn the heat on for a bit.

Sorry but...:point:

30s overnight would have us flinging off bedding and opening all the windows. :unsure:

Deb
28-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Good luck Siobhan :hug2:

Dawn
28-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Adrian got you a nice Santa advent calendar Deb. :D

Will post to you on Monday so fingers crossed it will be there for 1st.

Claire
28-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I also saw loads of traditional ones at Past Times today!

daveann
28-11-2009, 06:48 PM
:hug2: for everyone. im tearful but its cause i am in agony so no company at all this weekend :(

Isafari
29-11-2009, 08:28 AM
:hug2: for everyone. im tearful but its cause i am in agony so no company at all this weekend :(

Awe, sorry Ann. I hope things improve soon :hug2:

Deb
29-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Adrian got you a nice Santa advent calendar Deb. :D

Will post to you on Monday so fingers crossed it will be there for 1st.

Thank you to you both! That is very kind :hug2:

Tinkerbell
29-11-2009, 09:00 AM
It's booked! It's booked, It's booked!!!!!

Flights for Christmas 2010 that is.

Have had to extend by 2 more days though to get the flights we wanted. So we're now going for 17 days :bounce:

So that's villa booked and flight, just car and tickets to go :thumbsup:

Tink
29-11-2009, 02:49 PM
:9: :9: That is so exciting!!!! :D :D

No time like the present to start planning!

Isafari
29-11-2009, 03:11 PM
It's booked! It's booked, It's booked!!!!!

Flights for Christmas 2010 that is.

Have had to extend by 2 more days though to get the flights we wanted. So we're now going for 17 days :bounce:

So that's villa booked and flight, just car and tickets to go :thumbsup:

:hug2: