PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

Claire
27-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I've heard he's been badly hurt in an automobile accident but know no more. Anyone else have any more info? :fingers: for good news.

keith
27-11-2009, 08:09 PM
not much at the moment :/

Source: Tiger Woods hospitalized after crash

Famous pro golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car crash early Friday outside his Orlando home, according to The Orlando Sentinel.

The single-car crash occurred early Friday when Woods, 33, apparently slammed his Escalade into a fire hydrant and a tree at his neighbor's property, the newspaper said quoting Florida Highway Patrol officials.

The crash occurred as Woods pulled out of his home in his Escalade in the Isleworth community at about 2:25 a.m.

He was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said.

No other information about his condition has been released.

daveann
27-11-2009, 08:16 PM
:(

foreverducky
27-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I found this: Authorities: Tiger Woods hurt in car crash by home - Golf - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-woods-accident&prov=ap&type=lgns)

josh.p.
27-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Last I heard was he crashed into a fire hydrant and suffered facial lacerations but has been released from hospital. Can't get FD's link to work but It was reported by the orlando sentinel (and then broadcast by BBC radio merseyside where I heard it.)

Hope he is okay.

foreverducky
27-11-2009, 11:51 PM
He also hit a tree.

uscwest
28-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Early reports had him listed with serious injuries. Now they say facial cuts. Supposedly his wife had to break the rear window with a golf club to get him out of the car. Police, at this time do not suspect alcohol was involved. The accident happened around 2:25 in the morning

Britchick
28-11-2009, 10:54 AM
i think he forgot to set the alarm to get to the black friday sale at best buy!

Britchick
29-11-2009, 11:44 AM
this is a bit suspicious to me :unsure:

1. what's he doing out and about at 2.30am

2. why would you hit a fire hydrant then panic and hit a tree if you're going so slow- a Cadillac SUV is a big car, you'd hardly notice!

3. if it was going that slowly why would he not be able to get out of one of the car doors necessitating the window to be broken to get him out?

My hunch is that he has done something to annoy his wife a lot, she has come at him with a golf club (that's irony for you lol) and you've tried to drive away and locked your doors. Hit something and she's still coming for you. Hell hath no fury etc

catrancher
29-11-2009, 12:05 PM
The whole thing's a bit wonky. :mental:

They also keep putting off the FLorida Highway Patrol investigators. Supposedly, the investigators showed up at Woods home yesterday but were sent away by Tiger's wife because he was "sleeping"! What's up with that? If the police come calling for you or me, I doubt if they'd sit still for being told to "go away, he's sleeping".

No. Methinks there's more to this than meets the eye! :eye:

Tom (:macwave:... suspicious lot, aren't we)

uscwest
29-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Rumour has it that he had a paramour, from NY, a "night club hostess" with him in Melbourne Australia while he was there for a tournament a few weeks ago. Said paramour denies that she was with Tiger but was "entertaining clients".

MarkE
29-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I also read the theory that he didn't necessarily 'crash', but was getting away from an emotional wife. Afterall, if he'd crashed, why would she go after the rear windscreen?

Britchick
29-11-2009, 08:47 PM
well he's released a statement about those starting rumours :unsure: feeling quite sheepish now :sorry:

MarkE
30-11-2009, 08:48 AM
All he's said is that it was his fault. He won't say why, or what caused him to crash, or talk to police yet. There's something dodgy going on there for sure, but everyone is entitled to their own private life, so I understand him tryng to keep this as low key as possible.

As for trying to cover up infidelities or cover his behind after an arguement? Well, if you havent had to do that yet, you've had a very lucky life!

catrancher
30-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Gee... I hope all this won't affect my retirement nest egg too much! :whistle:

I was working as a marshal at the 1998 Bell South Classic. Working the 13th green. As Tiger was leaving the green, I asked him to autograph my paddle which he graciously did.

That's his signature over the "S". :D

BTW... he won the tournament!

Tom (:macwave:... hush y'all!)

Slowhand
30-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I used to think that golfers were good at driving...from the tee anyhow! :lol:

Johnie
30-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Rumor has it that the facial lacerations are from his wife. Seems she doesn't like to know her hubby is cheating. He's also been rumored to have said he needs to go to Zales and pull a Kobe :nono:

Britchick
30-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I used to think that golfers were good at driving...from the tee anyhow! :lol:

pmsl!!

He's also been rumored to have said he needs to go to Zales and pull a Kobe :nono:

huh?

Johnie
30-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Zales is a jewelry store. Kobe Bryant is a pro basketball player. He cheated on his wife, got caught and went and bought her some expensive jewelry. As if that will ever make up for the humiliation and pain.

Britchick
30-11-2009, 07:16 PM
ahhhhh! not even Tiffanys?

foreverducky
30-11-2009, 07:47 PM
It was a huge ring! But definitely does not make up for the humilation or pain like Johnie said. But then again, if they ever separate she should be able to sell it for some good dough.

Britchick
30-11-2009, 08:06 PM
you know i was joking right? if he were mine he wouldn't be able to walk to the jewellery store :ROFL:

Johnie
30-11-2009, 08:12 PM
:tongue: makes me wonder if Mrs. Woods took one of his clubs to his head.....

Tink
30-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Ummm...that seems to be the local scuttlebutt. :shrug: Between them, eh?

Johnie
01-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Indeed it is.

catrancher
03-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Tiger's new movie is out: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Hydrant.

Tom (:macwave:... You knew it was coming didn't you?)

catrancher
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Just received the Woods family Christmas Card and I thought I'd share it with you! :laugh:

Tom (:macwave:... in the words of the Mask; "Somebody stop me!" )

uscwest
03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Tom, I got that same card from a friend of mine this morning. LOL