PDA

View Full Version : Is Tassimo coffee any good?

Disfan
29-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Just keep seeing adverts for them
TASSIMO - TASSIMO Machine - Discover the TASSIMO Machines for coffee, tea and chocolate (http://www.tassimo.co.uk/)

and wondered if anyone had one of the machines? whats the coffee like?

josh.p.
29-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I've heard mixed reviews. :yes: It is 100% better than regular coffe, but not as nice as say starbucks' or costa's coffee. I liked it but I think they can sometimes taste powdery...

Tinkfan
29-11-2009, 07:32 PM
:wave: Keurig is better!!!!!

Claire
29-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I had a Tassimo machine and loved it until -

a - I priced up each drink and worked out how expensive they were

and

b - The machine leaked like a sieve when I used it!

The hot chocolate is very yummy though. :yes:

keith
29-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Did you get something better to replace it Claire? I have a senseo machine but the Tassimo does look tempting

keith
29-11-2009, 07:52 PM
:wave: Keurig is better!!!!!

Not sure I've seen those! Wonder if theyre in the UK

Britchick
29-11-2009, 08:15 PM
what Claire said- it's very expensive. Still use it occasionally but over 10 a month on coffee when you only have 1 cup a day was a little too much.

Disneybumble
30-11-2009, 07:55 AM
We have one and l have to say l love it. I'm not a coffee drinker but DH is. We bought it because of the variety of drinks on offer. It is expensive but if we were out, l wouldn't think twice about having a costa at 2.65 and this is roughly what i would pay for a packet of pods.

arkvilla
30-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Don't know about Tassimo but Starbucks now do an instant coffe - it's called VIA and they do a Italian blend and a Columbian blend - it's only sold in London stores in the UK but is sold everywhere in USA

It's $2.95 for 3 sachets

I bought some and it's very good for instant - quite strong and like a proper cup of coffe

Sandra

Claire
30-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Did you get something better to replace it Claire? I have a senseo machine but the Tassimo does look tempting

I just bought a programmable filter machine Keith. I wake up to a big pot of fresh coffee every morning.

premier travel
30-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I like the de longi machine a friend in the US has it , it grind the coffee makes a lovely cup but cost over 300 here:unsure:

Hubby keeps asking if I would like it for xmas but I can think of other things to buy, but then say that, if he offers to buy one anyway I will jump at the chance.

I have in the shop one of the pod coffee machines we have the Nespresso machine very nice coffee and you can choose all different pods.

Tinkfan
30-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Not sure I've seen those! Wonder if theyre in the UK

:xmastree4: Our kids got us one 2 years ago as part of our Christmas gift. We order the pods directly through Green Mountain Coffee in Vermont, they sell the machines and the coffee in their on-line shop. If you join their club(free) Cafe Express it's called. They sell all flavors and varieties of coffee, from mild to extra bold and organic. Try www.greenmountaincoffee (http://www.greenmountaincoffee) .com We love ours, it cuts down on waste!!

Tinkfan
30-11-2009, 09:56 PM
:sorry: Wierd, the link works if I type it in(google) The pods are called K- cups BTW!!

Johnie
30-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I just ordered a Keurig maker over the weekend. You can also get a pod filter so you can use your own coffee instead of buying the readymade pods.

They sell the pods in Target too, just saw them today :yes:

Tink
30-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I use a French Press. :unsure: :shrug: Makes perfect coffee, and I can control the strength by measure. I have a large one for home and a small one for travel.

premier travel
01-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Why is it us Brits have to pay more and don't have the choice like you do over the pond!

I am just dreaming of the delongi machine, very sad I know!!!

Debbie2
07-12-2009, 12:53 PM
My Tassimo has been sitting on the worktop gathering dust for about two years. After the initial excitement of purchase it no longer gets used at all. Easy machine to use making average coffee. The Suchard chocolate pods are nice in it. I have used a Senseo one too and think the Tassimo is slightly better IMHO.

keith
07-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Yep I have a senseo and don't use that any more either :(

...but what's the alternative? Is there something better??