PDA

View Full Version : What did we all get then?

Dawn
25-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Just popping in to check forums all ok before heading off to parents for day. For some inexplicable reason Keith isn't here. :lol:

So what did we all get then?

Santa bought me an iPod touch :thud:

And mini speakers for it, some Yankee candles, Thorntons, Disney socks, new Jack Skellington mug, new Mickey mug, a Jack Skellington plush, Twillight blu ray, Coraline blu ray, new jammies and dressing gown, loads of slipper socks.

Steven bought me stripy toe socks. :lol:

Steven got a laptop, a go go hamster and fun house which is awesome, and tons of other stuff.

And best of all...he didn't get up until 7.15am. :worship:

Dawn
25-12-2009, 10:45 AM
And........

I GOT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!

:mental:

Hex
25-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I got pants and socks :lol:

... oh and a few other little bits-n-bobs...

josh.p.
25-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I got the This is it CD, An alarm clock that shoots a rocket and you have to put the rocket back onto it to shut it up (to get me out of bed! hahaha), A starbucks brewing set, Some coffee syrups, LOADS of choccies from Niamh, A wok and other Chinese style goodies, Aftershave, mighty boosh DVD's, PJ's, Some photography stuff (Tripod and backdrop, but I was allowed to use these a while back.) :D I'm really pleased.

My FAVOURITE present was watching Niamh's face light up with all her toys! I didnt think she'd know what was going on but she was REALLY excited.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, Honnukah and a happy holiday to all who don't celebrate christmas. :hug2: Thank-you all for the past year :D

josh.p.
25-12-2009, 11:54 AM
oh and Niamh photos coming soon. Just putting them on facebook first!

uscwest
25-12-2009, 01:13 PM
So far, the only thing I've gotten is USC badge holder to put my work badges on and a Blackberry Tour phone, with unlimited internet, texting, and email.

But it is early yet. And we haven't opened anything yet.

kazzaqld
25-12-2009, 09:36 PM
I got a scanner that scans negatives and slides and turns them into digital pics - lots of memories to scan in now, I'll have to share some!

I also got a Dr Who t-shirt.

May get more today - we are off to my Mum's for Boxing Day (Christmas was with DMIL and DBIL and family - lovely day, will post pics soon!)

Deb
25-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I've had a lovely day, (despite is having no central heating!!!!! :eek: ) and to top it all off, it's snowing!!! :thumbsup:

Becasue the snow was so heavy all week I couldn't drive to my family to exchange presents so we're doing that on Sunday now, weather permitting. So there was just the stuff from Mr Debs. I got some Van Cleef and Arpels Faerie persume, which I'd wanted because of the beautiful bottle, a pair of Tiffany diamond and platinum earrings (got to LOVE that little blue box!!!), and a Canon EOS 450D camera!!! :tralala:

Hope you all had a fab time :hug2:

lisaw
25-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I think almost all my presents fuel my two obsessions - Twilight and Disney :lol:

Having piano lessons after christmas though and hopefully a piano will follow unless the lessons are a complete disaster! :lol:

keith
26-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Lots of photography related items for me :D and DW received, seemingly the entire contents of marks and spencers from various relatives, plus some little blue Tiffany boxes from me. Can NEVER go wrong with that :yes:

Tinker
26-12-2009, 01:12 AM
A wireless Kodak scanner and printer for memory card and or pics from my computer . An American girl doll , Rebecca , my Dooney & Bourke Purse and WRISTLET . Thank You, daveann . I was surprised . Besides that the usual PJs, socks ...
Oops a real pretty dress I saw that I wanted for New Years Eve . Hoping to go out for dinner .

Johnie
26-12-2009, 01:29 AM
We had been told all year that this would be a lean Christmas.....I swear my mom LIES! It was not lean at all. It was quite a good one :yes:

I got a mom is awesome sort of plaque, the 70th anniversary Gone With The Wind dvd set, an Elvis throw, 3rd Rock from the Sun DVD set, North and South on DVD, the first season of the Golden Girls on DVD, a SONY READER!!! WOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO I am so excited about this little gadget! I got a bunch of other stuff that I seem to be blocking out at the moment.

I must have been a good girl this year :yes:

keith
26-12-2009, 01:31 AM
OOO Sony reader!!!!! Definitely need to hear more about that :yes:

Tink
26-12-2009, 02:55 AM
We had a beautiful dinner, with a little boy at the table who was nearly perfect! :D Family from Ohio, and local family. Everyone enjoyed the dinner, the wine the egg nog with brandy, the desserts.. :D :D

Oh, and the gifts? They were quite lovely too. :yes:

But truly, from the heart? It was the people, the time spent together and the sharing of food... it always is with us. :embarassed:

Ursula
26-12-2009, 05:52 AM
WE got a pounding headache..... Dfather wanted to watch La Boheme :( He's 89 nearly 90 so he gets the remote control Christmas Day in our house :( Next year we're going to Disney! :D TWO tortuous hours of La Boheme, it was truly diabolicle. (Is that spelt right? It doesn't *look* right to me) Anywhooo who had the bright idea of thinking that La Boheme was a Christmassy thing to put on the TV on Christmas Day?????????

Johnie
26-12-2009, 05:59 AM
OOO Sony reader!!!!! Definitely need to hear more about that :yes:

ok :tongue:

ok upon further inspection, it is a Sony Reader Touch Edition. It is BEYOND cool. I can even listen to music on it! I can put pictures on it, not sure quite how but there is a thing for it. There is even a notepad you can write on.

It certainly will never replace my beloved books, I will still purchase my must haves in hard copy but this will certainly free my house from the library it is steadily turning into!

You know, I could see this being a very handy tool for students.

Dawn
26-12-2009, 08:20 AM
I still haven't figured out how to get my ipod touch out of its case. :unsure:

lisaw
26-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I still haven't figured out how to get my ipod touch out of its case. :unsure:

It's a challenge isn't it? :laugh:

Hex
26-12-2009, 09:37 AM
It is an Apple product... you are supposed to put it on a pedestal in a little shrine you are required to create in your home, with appropriate mood lighting, and you are required to worship it and perform the rituals of devotion as dictated by the benevolent tyrant Steve Jobs.

To actually *touch* it is a mortal crime against the Apple-cult... and serious men in black turtle-neck sweaters and incredibly slim brushed aluminium briefcases will come visiting and apply "correctional measures"

If in doubt, contact the local Apple-cult representatives located within this forum, and prepare to submit yourself for initiation into "The Family" ....

lisaw
26-12-2009, 10:11 AM
It is an Apple product... you are supposed to put it on a pedestal in a little shrine you are required to create in your home, with appropriate mood lighting, and you are required to worship it and perform the rituals of devotion as dictated by the benevolent tyrant Steve Jobs.

To actually *touch* it is a mortal crime against the Apple-cult... and serious men in black turtle-neck sweaters and incredibly slim brushed aluminium briefcases will come visiting and apply "correctional measures"

If in doubt, contact the local Apple-cult representatives located within this forum, and prepare to submit yourself for initiation into "The Family" ....

:worship:

But Caitlin only wants to listen to The Black Eyed Peas and Miley Cyrus!

Dawn
26-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I also got Brain Training for the DS and was not impressed to discover my brain age is 80. :unimpressed:

Britchick
26-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I also got Brain Training for the DS and was not impressed to discover my brain age is 80. :unimpressed:

:tongue: muwahahaha!! mine is 23 which as you all know isn't far from my actually age:tongue:

catrancher
26-12-2009, 12:08 PM

:laughhard:

Gaze deep into my eyes!
:worship: http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/members/catrancher-albums-posted-piccies-picture512-steve-jobs.png :worship:

Which one of us? There are several. And we all stand ready to serve the "Force"! :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... hmmm... what comes this way January 27th?)

keith
26-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Tom (:macwave:... hmmm... what comes this way January 27th?)

27th or 26th? I'm really hoping it's the iSlate :D last year it was iLife update I think

Skywatcher
26-12-2009, 03:34 PM
:macwave: Hope you fall in love with your apple Dawn :evil: its how I was hooked - sneezies lite is a great little free app :D

Matthew is trying to rid the house of Invisimals and his new PSP - a frankly astonishing piece of interactive gaming.

Thomas is building the Lego Taj Mahal in the conservatory with 5500 pieces

I bought Lisa the box set of all the Moonlightings ever as well as series 4 Dr Who , some screen wash and some socks

.. and I got an iMac :D so I can't grumble

Christmas day was lovely with my folks

Britchick
26-12-2009, 05:35 PM
screen wash? :unsure:

i got Chris Evans autobiography, the box set of true blood books, something from La Senza, a tripod mount ring for one of my lenses, a fuzzy hot water bottle, a clock radio that also plays/charges my iphone- that way it will never leave my side, a hamper from MIL in Scotland full of goodies that i would never buy for myself and a wodge of cash to spend in the sales. Jon and i just treated ourself to a new computer too - can't wait!

Dawn
26-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I've managed to extract the thing from its packaging and I've downloaded the itunes - sneaky thing tried to trick me into downloading Safari too but I was wise to that one. :unimpressed:

Dawn
26-12-2009, 05:37 PM
something from La Senza,!

Not going to elaborate? :wink:

keith
26-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Not going to elaborate? :wink:

Perhaps photos? (he asks with fake innocence ;)

Skywatcher
26-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Perhaps photos? (he asks with fake innocence ;)

Glad you typed precisely what I was going to , now I look like sl less of a perv ;)

I do however totally agree for the record :D

Britchick
26-12-2009, 06:02 PM
you are all so bloomin predictable! I would love to do a mouse on the move but my photos are usually too large :tongue:

Dawn
26-12-2009, 06:03 PM
but my photos are usually too large :tongue:

Boasting now are we? :unsure:

Ursula
26-12-2009, 06:16 PM
SCREEN WASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono:

Dawn
26-12-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/ebiz/wilkinsonplus/invt/0099474/0099474_l.jpg

Ursula
26-12-2009, 07:24 PM
But why?

Dawn
26-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I've no idea.

I'd make Adrian drink it if he got me any of that. :evil:

Britchick
26-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I've no idea.

I'd make Adrian drink it if he got me any of that. :evil:

PMSL! it's ok Adrian we have evidence now if your organs start shutting down!

BUTTERHEAD1
26-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I got a Keurig coffee maker and a bunch of coffee, the flip video camera (120minutes) ,the ninja blender,a gift card for a massage,socks,cologne. The coffe maker is awesome, it makes a piping hot cup of coffee in 30 seconds. Oh I almost forgot I received a wedding band, I kind of lost the last one.

Skywatcher
26-12-2009, 10:58 PM
It was a little joke gift :rolleyes: lisa is forever washing the windscreen and I need to top it up every week or so. She laughed a lot when she unwrapped it and frankly hearing her laugh out loud for the first time in weeks was just brilliant.

There. Don't you all feel shallow and materialistic now ;)

Tinkfan
26-12-2009, 11:02 PM
:xmastree2: We had a rather hectic Christmas, my MIl was in a car accident on Christmas Eve with my nephew. She's still in the hospital ,she broke her right humerous below the socket( can't be cast) and went into shock. So we've been back and forth to the hospital mostly.We did have a lovely dinner and exchanged gifts.Ty had some great gifts, a 4 in 1 table that includes pool,ping pong, flip football and something that escapes me!!!:yes: This is added to his air hockey table and foose ball table. Thank God the back room is empty except for his junk!

Tinker
26-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I hope your DMIL recovers quickly . :pdust::pdust::pdust:

catrancher
27-12-2009, 12:03 AM
27th or 26th? I'm really hoping it's the iSlate :D last year it was iLife update I think

Hmm... seems you're correct. Silly me. :yes:

It's the 26th at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco.

iSlate, tablet, new... new.... iNewton, whatever... I'm just anxious to see "it" whatever "it" is. :unsure:

Course I wouldn't mind another iLife update either! Maybe some more iMovie functionality. Like separate, external filters? :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... waits patiently...)

catrancher
27-12-2009, 12:10 AM
she broke her right humerous below the socket( can't be cast)

Ohhh.... she has my sympathy! :hug2:

My DW did that a couple of years ago right before Thanksgiving. I had to cook. :mental:

Made for a miserable six weeks for her though I can tell you. :thumbsdown:

Tom (:macwave:... no, it wasn't miserable because of my cooking!)

Britchick
27-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Ouch Tinkfan, hope she recovers well.

Tink
28-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh no! Hope she heals quickly Tinkfan! :pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

Skywatcher, anything to get Mrs. Skywatcher to laugh was the right thing! :yes:

Tinkfan
28-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys, they discovered a nodule on her left lung as well during an x-ray but at 87, I am hoping they won't be too aggressive with treatment.

Tink
28-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh no. That doesn't need to be bad news though, eh? :hug2: It could be an encapsulated bit of TB (given her age). :yes: :hug2: :pdust: :pdust:

Disneybumble
28-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Tinkfan,l hope she recovers quickly and is soon out of hospital.
I was a lucky girl got some more beads for my bracelet , a monsoon dressing gown and pj's. Chocolate ,wonga,cd's Jay -Z and ministry of sound,and Florence and the machine. But best of all i got a delivery date for my iphone.
Ohhhhhhhh also got a pipe!!!!!!!!!!!! and a signed photo of the krankies(L think this is fraud) was given this as a family joke and that includes the pipe

Tink
28-12-2009, 03:20 PM
A pipe? As in a smoking pipe or Uillean? :unsure:

Skywatcher
28-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Thans Tink I knew you'd understand :sigh:

Tink
28-12-2009, 08:02 PM
:hug2: I know you, Mannie. You'd never do anything to hurt your Mrs. :hug2:

Skywatcher
28-12-2009, 08:36 PM
:sigh: not a good day today. But we will endure have no fear