PDA

View Full Version : Is it 90 days or 180 days?

Dawn
27-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Which is it these days for ADRs - 90 or 180 day?

Check out my countdown. :mental:

Johnie
27-12-2009, 08:44 PM
It is now 180 days. Better start planning asap!

Tinker
27-12-2009, 09:26 PM
so, its tending to be messed up until the others that made prior reservations 90 days out . Not one to complain, but lets make up our minds here .:lol: I personally dislike the 180 days myself .

Tinker
27-12-2009, 09:27 PM
btw, love the countdown, Dawn ! :mental:

Johnie
27-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Me too. It's ridiculous how they keep flip flopping.

Slowhand
28-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I personally dislike the 180 days myself .
Same here!
I have problems deciding where to eat the following day without having to decide 6 months in advance!

Dawn
28-12-2009, 11:37 AM
That's why I'm only going to book a couple.

Off site rules! :D

Tink
28-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Whoooaaaaa! That countdown is moving fast!!!

Yes, I'm with you. Make a few, those that you think you MUST do, and then plan your day around those few ADRs. As for the rest, really dining offsite is the way to go.

Go to Publix and have them make their wonderful submarine sandwiches (although you can now get them in a wrap too). You choose everything you want on the roll (wheat, white, five grain...) and they wrap them nicely too. Carry them into the park, and along with a drink you have a hearty and very cost effective lunch. :yes:

If you are here during the heat of the summer (which your timer indicates) it's a simple matter to pick up a small soft sided cooler and a cold pack and that keeps everything nice.

Loads of non-Disney options for food. :yes: (And since the onslaught of the service and food quality destroying Dining Plan, offsite food is usually BETTER)! :eek:

keith
28-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Even though it's mega hard for us to get offsite without a car, I totally agree. Offsite options cheaper, better food, better service, better value etc.

Every time we go we tend to knock another disney restaurant off our "must do" list because it's gone downhill.

Take the place Sir Slowhand kindly took us to, Charlies. Truly the best steak we've had out there, great place, near Disney, great service and good prices too compared to Disney! We've been a couple of times each visit since being introduced to it :yes:

Cheesecake factory always yummy :D PF changs etc etc etc

Dawn
28-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I think we're doing Chef Mickeys, 50s Prime Time, Teppan Edo and possibly one more.

Tink
28-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Dawn, with your love of crab, you have to do Joe's Crab Shack (just beyond the intersection of Cross Roads and Hotel Plaza Blvd). :yes: They have steampots with a variety of crab! Yummy! The prices are ridiculously low. :D

Beccaberry
28-12-2009, 02:00 PM
OOH good one, Tink...I think Dawn would enjoy Joe's as well! It's a fun place and Steven will enjoy the atmosphere!

OMG, I can't believe how close it is! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! :wave:

Dawn
28-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Adrian doesn't do seafood - do they have "proper" food there?

Tink
28-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, if seafood is improper, what's proper? :unsure:

Beccaberry
28-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Andrew doesn't "do" seafood either, but as I recall he always found something to eat...

Take a look at the menu here. (http://www.joescrabshack.com/default.aspx)

Dawn
28-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Ahh they have steak and stuff so he'll be ok.

*pencils another restaurant in*

Tink
28-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh no. You'll want ink for that one. :yes: It's a wicked fun place, and you KNOW how fussy I am about seafood. I'll eat there! LOL. The crab is done nicely (but that's all I'll eat there). :yes: :D

Beccaberry
28-12-2009, 02:52 PM
...have Steven brush up on his "Macarena" skills :wink:

Dawn
28-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh no no no no no.

If it's one of those "have to join in" places then it's off the list.

50s Prime Time is the one exception to that.

Tink
28-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Nope. You do not have to join in at all. I would NEVER eat anywhere like that. You know me better!

You can choose to if you like. The little kids often do. Seth did. :yes: But adults never have to, nor do children.

Sometimes they do the macarena, sometimes they do other songs... I can't remember the one they did when we had Seth there (on the 12th of December) but it was more of an Irish jig sort of sound. He hopped up, put his hands on his hips and started right in dancing. We were stunned. Who knew! LOL.

Seriously though. The servers take the middle of the floor and you can watch or not, participate or not. It's fine. :yes:

Johnie
28-12-2009, 03:06 PM
No, you do NOT have to join in at Joe's. The waitstaff dance and the kids will go up and join in if they want to. I LOVE Joe's. It's fun and the food is good. They give you 10% off the bill if you have a AAA card.

Dawn
28-12-2009, 03:07 PM
OK that is fine. We'll watch. And eat crab.

Although the last time I had snow crab a claw slipped out of my hand and flew right across the restaurant. :oops:

Tink
28-12-2009, 03:08 PM
See now! I didn't know that about AAA! :lol:

You can often find coupons for Joe's Crabshack (not to be confused with other Crabby places... :D ) in those touristy guides found all over the place (except on Disney property). :lol:

Beccaberry
Absolutely. That's why I didn't tell YOU to brush up on your macarena :wink: But the kids usually enjoy it...and Tink is right, they are known to play varied and different songs and such. It's just a fun atmosphere, no pressure...but not stuffy.

Beccaberry
And don't forget to buy the obligatory inappropriate t-shirt :wink:

Dawn
28-12-2009, 03:09 PM
And don't forget to buy the obligatory inappropriate t-shirt :wink:

Oh now you are talking!:thumbsup:

Tink
28-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Don't worry if shells or claws go flying either. It's a seriously laid back place. :yes: It's made up to look a bit like a camp or even a dock. :yes:

The t-shirts! :eek: :lol: Go ahead if you dare! :D (Remembering that crab has an unpleasant connotation outside of a restaurant)! :embarassed:

Dawn
28-12-2009, 03:24 PM
This one is mine.

Surf Shop (http://www.pac-crabshack.com/storefrontB2CWEB/categoryDetail.do?ctg_id=51092)

Dawn
28-12-2009, 03:25 PM
And this is Steven's :rotfl:

Surf Shop (http://www.pac-crabshack.com/storefrontB2CWEB/categoryDetail.do?ctg_id=51095)

Tink
28-12-2009, 03:26 PM
There were more than one at the link... :D

Beccaberry
28-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I have quite the collection of them, which I only wear to bed of course (or when my mom is around :wink: I do enjoy getting her dander up :wink: )

Johnie
28-12-2009, 03:50 PM
So Dawn are you saying you'd hit that or you have hot legs and great tail? :tongue:

Tink
28-12-2009, 03:54 PM
NAWT-TEE Becca! :lol:

SleepinCatz
12-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok..so we are still at 180 days to set ADRs right? Disney hasn't changed it's mind again? I am finally getting in the mood to plan this trip....whoosh

Britchick
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
is Victoria and Alberts the same time frame?

uscwest
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
is Victoria and Alberts the same time frame?
Yes, including the Chef's Table

Britchick
12-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Yes, including the Chef's Table

exellent, was thinking of doing the chef's table as it will be our 20th wedding anniversary and my 40th (yes i was a young bride and no i wasn't expecting lol) but I can't actually eat that much rich food so that many courses i think would be wasted on me. Jon isn't really one for a fuss either so thinking maybe we'd blend in more on a regular table. Will i need to be on the phone at 7am EST on the dot? thanks

uscwest
13-01-2010, 12:40 AM
For the Chef's Table I would say yes as there is only one seating per night. For V&A, since there are two sittings probably not.

Slowhand
13-01-2010, 10:33 AM
exellent, was thinking of doing the chef's table as it will be our 20th wedding anniversary and my 40th (yes i was a young bride and no i wasn't expecting lol) but I can't actually eat that much rich food so that many courses i think would be wasted on me.

I wouldn`t worry too much about the volume of food offered at the Chef`s Table.
My DW and I celebrated our silver wedding anniversary there a while ago and unlike the main dining area, at the Chef`s Table you are not given a menu to choose from. Instead one of the head chef`s comes to your table to check on your preferences and allergies etc. and you then leave it up to him/her to prepare the meal especially for you.

To be honest though it did feel a bit strange with there only being the two of us seated at the table.
We did the Chef`s Table later with a few friends and personally I enjoyed this more being with others so as to share the experience.

If you do decide to do the Chef`s Table then make sure to let them know of your celebration and after your meal you will be given a copy of details of your meal you`ve had, enclosed in a folder to recognise your celebration.

uscwest
13-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I wouldn`t worry too much about the volume of food offered at the Chef`s Table.
My DW and I celebrated our silver wedding anniversary there a while ago and unlike the main dining area, at the Chef`s Table you are not given a menu to choose from. Instead one of the head chef`s comes to your table to check on your preferences and allergies etc. and you then leave it up to him/her to prepare the meal especially for you.

To be honest though it did feel a bit strange with there only being the two of us seated at the table.
We did the Chef`s Table later with a few friends and personally I enjoyed this more being with others so as to share the experience.

If you do decide to do the Chef`s Table then make sure to let them know of your celebration and after your meal you will be given a copy of details of your meal you`ve had, enclosed in a folder to recognise your celebration.Terry we have also done the solo experience. Would love to do it with some other couples/friends some time.

Britchick
13-01-2010, 04:33 PM
mmmm i can never make a decision LOL