PDA

View Full Version : Important

Ursula
28-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Well kind of important.... On January 1st the VAT for goods is going back up from 15% to 17.5% So if you want those goods cheap in the sales I would get them NOW and not wait.

V-1
28-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Wonderful :thumbsdown:

Well at least Easter eggs were on sale in Tescos on Boxing day and i am not joking. :shrug:

Tink
28-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Easter Eggs???!!!! You really aren't joking, are you? How ridiculous is that.

I say we all go on a major strike and revert back to the Victorian era when shopping for Christmas was done on Christmas eve! If you didn't get it then, you didn't get it.

Enough of this silliness. :nono:

V-1
28-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Easter Eggs???!!!! You really aren't joking, are you? How ridiculous is that.

I say we all go on a major strike and revert back to the Victorian era when shopping for Christmas was done on Christmas eve! If you didn't get it then, you didn't get it.

Enough of this silliness. :nono:

Absolutely right! :yes: :thumbsup:

We went into Sainsburys on wednesday the 23rd and they had already started clearing the Christmas section away. I truly believe that by stocking Christmas stuff in the shops so early (I saw Christmas cards on sale the last week of september) it takes some of the magic away and by December you have had enough. :thumbsdown:

Tink
28-12-2009, 09:44 PM
We were in a local Target (Winter Garden Village at Fowler's Groves) on the 26th and they had a full Valentine's Display up already (where the Christmas had been).

Stupid, just plain stupid. Herself and I decided years ago to celebrate Valentine's Day on the 15th as all the flowers, candy and other 'stuff' dropped like a rock the next day. One year I bought a full bouquet of flowers (regularly around $15) for fifty CENTS!

How silly is that? Sheesh.

Yes, I remember seeing Christmas stuff before Halloween had even rolled around, and that is far too early.

V-1
28-12-2009, 11:27 PM
We were in a local Target (Winter Garden Village at Fowler's Groves) on the 26th and they had a full Valentine's Display up already (where the Christmas had been).

Stupid, just plain stupid. Herself and I decided years ago to celebrate Valentine's Day on the 15th as all the flowers, candy and other 'stuff' dropped like a rock the next day. One year I bought a full bouquet of flowers (regularly around $15) for fifty CENTS!

How silly is that? Sheesh.

Yes, I remember seeing Christmas stuff before Halloween had even rolled around, and that is far too early.

Wow good bargin :yes: i don't know about the US but over here red roses all year long are around 2.50 per stem but a few days before and on Valentines day they are 5.00 + a stem a total rip off. It's funny but when i was younger it didn't used to bother me :unsure: am i turning into a grumpy old man at 45 :wink:

Dawn
29-12-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm shopping for a new car tomorrow. :D

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Scalextric?

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm shopping for a new car tomorrow. :D
Not jealous. at. all. :unsure: :sorry:

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 10:09 AM
This year by the time Christmas came I was all christmas'd out, too. Working in M&S really didn't make me feel as festive as I thought it would! LOL

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Josh mate - ANYone who has ever worked a Christmas will tell you the same - it destroys christmas and your feelings of goodwill. Lisa and I woked I think it was 7 on the trot between us and to this day it is just a 'day' like any other

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Well I was off for actual Christmas, I worked up until the 23rd and then I was back in yesterday. My contract runs out on the 2nd and because I'm not working my Sunday shift they've spread my 9 hours from Sunday over 3x3 hour shifts!!! Whats the point?!

Tink
29-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Retail will definitely do that. When I was working direct care, I worked a few Christmas days. :yes: It was ok in some respects... Shift work, you know? You had some time with your family and some time at work.

Retail would burn me out though. People are far too grumpy! :eek: (Customers, I mean). :yes:

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 02:52 PM
A woman complained there wasn't enough water in her flowers the other day. She was obviously only after a bit of money off as there was actually too much water in there and it spilt all over me. I seriously felt like saying "do you not have a tap at home?!"

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I would have 'filled it up' for her :yes:

see I would be no good in retail

Tink
29-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, me either. :sorry:

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I would have 'filled it up' for her :yes:

see I would be no good in retail
LOL, I just smiled politely and apologised that it was the last one in stock. It annoys them more when you are nice as pie and they can't lodge a complaint about your customer service :thumbsup:

Tink
29-12-2009, 03:18 PM
That's the way to be, Josh. :yes: Smile and be as sweet as pie, then no one has anything more to complain about.

I worked briefly for the US Post office and I can tell you, people treat you like DIRT in that position! :eek: I couldn't believe that people I'd known most of my life were so nasty once I was behind that postal counter. I actually had one woman who'd lived in that village for years (her daughter was married to my cousin! :eek: ) THROW her mail back at me because she didn't get what she wanted!

Nope, nope, nope, I'm SO not a retail sort of person. Sick folk, fine. :yes: But if you are "supposed to be normal" and act "like that" then I have no real room for compassion for you. :shrug: :sorry:

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 03:34 PM
That's the way to be, Josh. :yes: Smile and be as sweet as pie, then no one has anything more to complain about.

I worked briefly for the US Post office and I can tell you, people treat you like DIRT in that position! :eek: I couldn't believe that people I'd known most of my life were so nasty once I was behind that postal counter. I actually had one woman who'd lived in that village for years (her daughter was married to my cousin! :eek: ) THROW her mail back at me because she didn't get what she wanted!

Nope, nope, nope, I'm SO not a retail sort of person. Sick folk, fine. :yes: But if you are "supposed to be normal" and act "like that" then I have no real room for compassion for you. :shrug: :sorry:
I could see myself working in retail if I'm honest. :yes: I quite like dealing with people and solving problems for them. I don't like snotty people but if I'm honest they are one in every hundred and the nice people far outweigh them. However, the working hours, the pay and other things make me definitely not consider it as a full-time career for me :yes:

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I can see you working in the apple store mate :)

Helping people unboxing things primarily ;)

Tink
29-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh now! I could SO see Josh doing Apple!!! :yes: We have the neatest young people in our Apple store here.

They are always a bit stunned when two old women walk in and seemingly know what they want and what they are talking about. :lol: (Only after much prepping by everyone here)! :D :D

But seriously, Josh at Apple? Wicked!!! :9: :9: :9:

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I can see you working in the apple store mate :)

Helping people unboxing things primarily ;)
I applied but there are never any jobs there. My application is on hold for 6 months but that date has been and gone now I think. I wonder what qualifications you need to be a genius... :unsure: The spot I applied for was a concierge. I quite like it at M&S if I'm honest, simply because getting to and from Liverpool for work would be costly!

Tink
29-12-2009, 04:08 PM
If you are happy where you are then that is half the battle. Not much worse than having to go to work where you are unhappy! :(

So, it's good that you are finding that you like directly working with people. Good customer skills; retail skills will be a good addition to your resume. :yes:

keith
29-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Dude, with a great attitude like that, we're often looking for apple support guys for our customer care desk. Beware though, we get some... interesting callers so it may tax you even more than M&S :)

Ursula
29-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I could easily work in retail......................... so long as I stapled my gob shut first :D

Tink
29-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Helly, I think you would be a hysterically funny addition to any retail team! I get to be the one manning the hidden camera though! :D :D

Ursula
29-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I had a Saturday job once in a supermarket on the cash registers :( One woman threw her money at me.... I threw her change back at her so hard it bounced lol. See I no good.... I had a worse attitude then than I do now... I'm mild as all hell now.

Ursula
29-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I not telling you what I did to my bosses office.. it is a tru story but I don't know if anyone would belive me, but I swear on my life it's true.....

Ursula
29-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh go on then.... you twisted me arm.... One day my boss was out and we hated each others guts. Well I snuck into his office stood on his office chair and did a *moony* out of his window with skin pressed to glass. A few days later I was called in to the office for an unrelated telling off and it was a steamy condensation kind of day and his windows were steaming up.... I could quite clearly see right behind his head on the window an imprint of my arias! :D Had a real job keeping my face straight.

Ursula
29-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I'd need a MUCH bigger window now.... :(

Tink
29-12-2009, 05:44 PM
HELLY!!!! :laugh:

SEEEEE???? :laugh:

I WANT that hidden camera job! :lol: :lol:

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Dude, with a great attitude like that, we're often looking for apple support guys for our customer care desk. Beware though, we get some... interesting callers so it may tax you even more than M&S :)
I'd seriously love a job like that! I LOVED working in the call centre that I worked in. :yes: