PDA

View Full Version : More Bad News!!

ukwdwnut
28-12-2009, 09:00 PM
my son mikey was out on christmas eve up the high street for a drink and to celebrate with his friends, still dont know the full story as mikey has no memory of what went on, but....

we got a call from his friend on mikes cellphone, telling us that mike had been attacked outside the winebar for no reason.
he was knocked unconcious, fell to the ground, hit his head on the kerb and cracked his head open.
when we got there he was on a stretcher, flitting in and out of conciousness, police everywhere and paramedics and an ambulance in attendance.

OMG i was nearly losing it, i couldnt breath and had to walk away as i couldnt bear the sight of my son laying on that stretcher with blood everywhere.

we then followed the ambulance to the A&E dept in the next town where we just sat waiting for 2 hrs..we got news he had brain trauma, but was ok

hes now out of hospital but has a massive headache and we have to keep a close eye on him for a week

Tink
28-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Ah no, Mick. :hug2: I am so very sorry. :pdust: :pdust: :pdust: Hoping for a full and quick recovery. Take care of yourself, Mick.

KelBelle
28-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Mick.

That is just awful I can't believe it! Soo glad that Mikey is ok xx

mumof2
28-12-2009, 09:05 PM
OMG Mick, that's awful. Poor lad, I can only imagine how worried you were :hug2: Thank goodness he's ok, and hoping he and you have a quick recovery.

KelBelle
28-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Do they know who done it Mick? xx

Johnie
28-12-2009, 09:20 PM
oh dear lord, I am so sorry Mick. That is just awful :hug2::hug2::hug2:

kazzaqld
28-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Poor Mikey - I really hope he gets well soon! :unsure:

What an awful thing for you both to go through, Mick :hug2::hug2:

ukwdwnut
28-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Do they know who done it Mick? xx

hes been told who it is, there were a few witnesses, the polce have interviewed everyone, but hes not pressing charges, he said i cant keep coming back and forth from uni and then he gets let off, like someone who he was a witness for last year who got beat up and then the fella got let off when there was so much evidence to put him away.

no wonder people dont bother with the police here, its just a waste of time, i onlt just found out his friends attacker was let off and im sooooooo mad, so there less chance of mikes attacker having anything sort of sentence

thanks all for your kind words...wasnt just me present, there was denise and lauren who was just walking to the winebar when i called her

i must say the paramedics were brilliant

lisaw
28-12-2009, 09:58 PM
OMG Mick that must have been terrifying for you all, made me feel sickto the stomach just reading about it :hug2: So glad Mikey is OK

josh.p.
28-12-2009, 09:58 PM
:( :hug2:

foreverducky
28-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh my goodness! That's just horrible! :hug2: I hope he has a speedy recovery!

lozzy
28-12-2009, 10:29 PM
OMG Mick I am so sorry.:hug2: I hope your son makes a full recovery,

Mags
29-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Thats awful Mick. All the very best to your son for a speedy recovery. I can just imagine the trauma you all went through when this happened. {{{Hugs}}}

Margaret

Ursula
29-12-2009, 12:33 AM
OMG I would have been so so scared too :( Thank God he's going to be alright, it makes your blood run cold thinking about it... look at Kels friend :(

Tinker
29-12-2009, 12:50 AM
WoW, How Scary !!! Glad Mikey will be ok . The headache may last a few days . I was not right for a good week after falling and hitting my head . I, thankfully, didn't crack mine open . :pdust::pdust::pdust: that Mikey recovers quickly . :hug2:

ukwdwnut
29-12-2009, 01:55 AM
thx everyone :hug2::hug2:....hopefully he will make a full recovery dont see why not, he might remember what happened as time goes by....headaches can last upto 2 weeks tinker :(

daveann
29-12-2009, 03:54 AM
:hug2: hope he feels better soon................
i know what you mean about pressing charges my son was attacked 3 years ago a case of mistaken identity :( long and short of it was he didnt even get what it cost him in dentist bills he lost 4 weeks of work his 1st dental appointment cost 194 the guy got a suspended sentence and 125 costs a flippin joke.
Mick it will be so hard for you the next time he goes out i became a wreck ringing him constantly asking where he was if he was ok and ringing his mates telling them not to leave him on his own i was so worried i even followed him to town in the car. its very hard believe me

Deb
29-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Oh Mick :hug2: That's appalling. Thank goodness he is ok.

Dawn
29-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Oh god, my stomach turned reading that. As a parent that's your worst nightmare. Give Mikey a gentle hug from me, and have one for Mum and Dad too. :hug2:

Slowhand
29-12-2009, 10:15 AM
It`s a sad world we live in isn`t it?
Sorry to hear about Mikey`s problems Mick, fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery. :hug2:

Disneybumble
29-12-2009, 11:36 AM
OMG Mick:hug2:
My heart breaks for our kids,it really does. What is happening to the world. Thank goodness he is recovering. What is wrong with some people.

catrancher
29-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Pitiful... just pitiful.

And the moron gets off with nothing. That's not justice! :mad:

Hope Mikey makes a quick recovery!

Tom (:macwave:... makes me want to send Guido around to see the guy!)

Tink
29-12-2009, 01:09 PM
It's a real shame that there won't be any legal repercussions for the attacker, but I do understand Mikey's point. It's the same here. Seth and his Da's apartment was shot up (many months ago now) by someone who thought different people lived there. Bullets actually entered the apartment and lodged in the walls.

Thankfully, they were not home. Seth's Da phoned the police who did have the decency to come around, but were more accusatory toward him than interested in who might have done the shooting. It turned out that the shooter was seen by another neighbor who had independently notified the police. Long tedious story short? The shooter walked.

So, let's just hope Mikey heals fully and has not long term headaches. That can be pretty debilitating and he's far too young to start down that road. Hopefully, he'll be safe and not scarred by what happened.

All the best to the family, Mick. I know you've all been through the mill. :( :hug2: :hug2: :pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

Britchick
29-12-2009, 02:03 PM
sorry to hear this Mick!

Tinkfan
29-12-2009, 02:19 PM
:jawdrop::pixiedust::pixiedust: Rest, rest and more rest. Fatique and headaches can last a long time following head trauma. How long was he in the hospital Mick? It's a shame we all know of examples in our own life here on this site. Just shows you what a mess society has become. :hug2:

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Aw mate thats awful just hope it doesn't knock his confidence too badly

ukwdwnut
29-12-2009, 04:56 PM
thanks everyone for your kind messages, it really means a lot. :hug2::hug2:

i would like him to press charges so he has a criminal record which would go against him for the rest of his life if charged. i think if mikey was local and not in eastbourne i would make him press charges but at the same time, i agree with him he cant keep taking days off here there and everywhere to come back here if the police want to talk to him or for court. its a hard one to call

he went out last night as it was his friends birthday, but they went on clubbing after, not literally, i might add :lol: so he was back home by 10pm and went over to his GF house. so i know its not knocked his confidence to go out thank god

Tink
29-12-2009, 05:48 PM
It's a shame that he would have so much time lost to pursuing pressing charges.

Good that he was able to go out and get on with things. He seems a practical boy, one that understands that a single miserable event does not control his life.

ukwdwnut
29-12-2009, 06:10 PM
It's a shame that he would have so much time lost to pursuing pressing charges.

Good that he was able to go out and get on with things. He seems a practical boy, one that understands that a single miserable event does not control his life.

he was a witness for a friend who had 2 front teeth knocked out....there were quite a few witnesses and the case was still thrown out. the guy who did it just smiled as he left court scott free. so i think that has made his mind up for him tbh.

he is tink, hes totally different to his friends, hes seems to be so much more level headed, hes not mouthy or loud just a real nice kid :D

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Eastbourne!!! blimey that is like 10 minutes drive from me and as far as I know has next to zero nightlife - so sorry mate

ukwdwnut
29-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Eastbourne!!! blimey that is like 10 minutes drive from me and as far as I know has next to zero nightlife - so sorry mate

really!!! he's really enjoying it there tho....beach looked nice when we took him down tho for the summer, but thats not now lol...he goes out a few times so they must of found somewhere to go :)

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Well if you are ever down mate give me a tinkle, we are literally 3-4 miles away :wave:

uscwest
01-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Mick just getting back on line after being gone for a week. So sorry to hear about Mikey. Hope he recovers well.

OWJAY
03-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your son, I hope he is OK

Jazmine
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
So glad Mikeys ok just keep an eye on him :hug2: i know how that feels Mick to see your child hurt thank god he`s ok :hug2:
Love Jacqui xxxx

Debbie2
05-01-2010, 10:19 AM
So sorry to hear that Mick..how awful.

Good to hear he is recovering :)

Ilovesnowwhitej
05-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Mick I am so sorry to hear what happened to your son, it comes to something when you cant go out for a drink without being attacked, then not worth taking it further as you know nothing will happen. Have to say, well done you for keeping your head and not going after the lad yourself.
xx

Mari
05-01-2010, 11:00 PM
:hug2:

how scary

Im glad he is ok

SleepinCatz
06-01-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm so sorry my friend...Please give your loved ones a hug from me. What an awful experience for you all.

ukwdwnut
07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
thx all for your well wishes :hug2::hug2:

hes doing fine now thx, just a slight headache and neck & shoulder ache, but other than than hes back to his normal mischievious funny self :D

thx chris i will do next time im down will give you a call, its been a very long time since that 1st meet down at the them park eh!!