PDA

View Full Version : snoring!!!!!!!!!!

daveann
29-12-2009, 04:10 AM
can someone help me please before i do something i regret..........
as you can see its 4 am and i am wide awake :sorry: dave's son who is 13 is here for a week and he snores like a pig i kid you not our bedroom door is closed as is his and i sware the room is ratteling :( its driving me up the wall :(
when dave and i got together his son made loads of coments about Dave snoring and how bad he was and i had a bit of an argument with his son over it because he hasnt snored at all since we have been together and i sleep very lightly dave told me it was his ex wife who made all the noise :unsure: well anyway 2 years on and my darling does not snore but his son is raising the roof i need help how can i stop him or i sware i will be putting him out in the garden :surrender: ive got 5 more nights of this :surrender:

Ursula
29-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Ear plugs for yourself.... or buy a tent and make a game of him sleeping outside in it! Lol.

Dawn
29-12-2009, 08:53 AM
I'd say that at 13 if it's that bad he should see a doctor. Might need his adenoids removing or he may have overly large tonsils.

Britchick
29-12-2009, 09:27 AM
What dawn said

Skywatcher
29-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Again what Dawn said :yes: doesn't sound healthy at all

josh.p.
29-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I suggest you do what they did to ugly naked guy on friends. Gather all your chopsticks together... make a large poking device... and poke him. :yes: it's medically proven :whistle:

In all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. My dad used to be a TERRIBLE snorer. I could hear him from my room as though he was next to me and mine is the furthest away from his and my Mum's. It was terrible. Since they've had one of those memory foam matresses he hasn't snored since!

daveann
29-12-2009, 10:54 AM
apparently his mother is every bit as bad but i wont go there ...................... :( only 5 more sleeps till peace returns or sooner if i do what i have threatend :lol:

Tink
29-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Seriously, get some foam earplugs. I once had a houseguest who had a deviated septum and snored to raise the dead. Earplugs saved me (and the guest).

Also, I would push for the boy to be seen by an ENT doc. :yes: That kind of snoring usually does indicate a problem.

daveann
29-12-2009, 01:42 PM
his mother doesnt speak to me or David and previous attempts for us to get him medical help fall on deaf ears its a very difficult situation :(

Tink
29-12-2009, 01:45 PM
That really is too bad. I don't know how things work there, so won't presume, but since your Husband is the child's father has he no right to take the boy for an exam?

I realize that might spark major issues, but it really could be something that needs to be corrected.

Do try the foam earplugs! :hug2:

Tinkfan
29-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Snoring like that almost always indicates a problem, see an ENT please. Ty has had his tonsils and adenoids out twice,, he had a deviated septum repair at age 9 and they discovered that their were fractures behind the sinus cavities from infection ( pressure I guess) He was in surgery forever and developed 2 large hematomas and had to be rushed back in, He will have to have another repair but will hopefully wait until his facial structure is set.

Ursula
29-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I suggest you do what they did to ugly naked guy on friends. Gather all your chopsticks together... make a large poking device... and poke him. :yes: it's medically proven :whistle:

In all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. My dad used to be a TERRIBLE snorer. I could hear him from my room as though he was next to me and mine is the furthest away from his and my Mum's. It was terrible. Since they've had one of those memory foam matresses he hasn't snored since!

Huh! How does that help? Does it remember to *poke* him whenever he snores? :unsure:

josh.p.
30-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Huh! How does that help? Does it remember to *poke* him whenever he snores? :unsure:
LOL, No, I think it is probably to do with supporting his back properly :yes:

dumbo77
31-12-2009, 09:01 PM
why not do the ultimate thing to a 13 yr old boy . . . . buy a ps3 n let him play it all night:yes: honestly he will think your the best thing since sliced bread and u will get a good nights sleep and when he sleeps thru the day u will be awake anyway n not as bothered

Tink
31-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Well now that's the single most sensible thing I've heard in a long time! :yes: Probably would work like a charm!

daveann
31-12-2009, 09:27 PM
he has had a ps3 in his room for the 2 years we have been together :lol:

he has gone to his grandmothers to stay as fingers crossed and weather permiting we are going to see my boys this weekend :)

cloud
01-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I feel your pain!!! dh snores too, so much so that even after 37yrs of marriage i sometimes take to sleeping in the spare room, its the only answer, he says its not his problem and that i should just ignore him and go to sleep!! yeh like ime not trying too.

Tink
01-01-2010, 08:21 PM
37 years of marriage?! WOW!!! Congratulations to you, Miss! :hug2:

uscwest
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I would suggest something along the line of Breathe Right strips. If those fail have him checked for sleep apnea.