PDA

View Full Version : practical joke book

Britchick
12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
a friend bought me an office practical joke book as a Christmas present. I managed to play one on my colleagues this morning, before I left the office on Christmas eve i swapped the telephone receivers of 2 phones that are next to each other (different lines) and apparently it took them 30 mins to work out what the problem was! muwahahaha!

keith
12-29-2009, 09:05 PM
a friend bought me an office practical joke book as a Christmas present. I managed to play one on my colleagues this morning, before I left the office on Christmas eve i swapped the telephone receivers of 2 phones that are next to each other (different lines) and apparently it took them 30 mins to work out what the problem was! muwahahaha!

I think someone in our place mustve got the same book.

I had one person come into my office with a phone handset stuck to the side of their head with a mountain of double sided sticky tape :lol: then another couldn't answer/transfer calls because their handset language had been mysteriously changed to chinese

I'm SO over jokes with phones :lol:

Britchick
12-29-2009, 09:13 PM
another one..... if you've got conference call facility- dial one person then another and as soon as they pick up, hang up, they will be confused because noone will know who called who.

Oh and a computer one- either make the mouse go REALLY slow or use the replace word with tool - (can't remember how to get to it will have to find it) say replace 'the' with goal post or something. LOL!!

foreverducky
12-29-2009, 11:20 PM
:lol: Those are good as long as I'm on the laughing side.

Tink
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Another one is to switch two letters of the keyboard around. :sorry:

I've not done it, but did have a colleague who did it to another person. I must admit though, you need to be pretty sure of the humor of the other person. Some folks get downright NASTY when they've been "joked." :eek:

Britchick
12-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't do it to someone who can't take a joke. I dread to think what will have happened to my desk when I get back to work on Monday!lol

Tink
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh yes, that's the fallout, isn't it! You have to be able to take a joke as well as deal them out! :yes: (So many can't, isn't that silly)?

I like a giggle as much as the next person, but have a quirked sense of humor so what I find funny, most don't. :sigh:

On one April Fool's day someone in our office put life size and very realistic cockroaches on everyone desk (in very believable places). THAT was hysterical!

I fell for it hook, line and sinker and was SO proud of myself for not shrieking and just flicking the thing (with a sheaf of papers) into the trash, tying up the bag and presenting it to the office... Ayuh, laugh was on ME!

There were other co-workers who did similar things. One man, was too funny as he skittered his chair across his office shouting.

That sort of thing is funny... at least to me.

We never did find out who did it. :unsure: